Jacques Lemaire Retires

njdevil26

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today we should be talking about our game 6 win last night and getting pumped up for game 7 tomorrow night. instead we are talking about who will coach us next season. :(

Or better yet, resting up for the second round.

This is absolutely a move in the right direction. Still need a new coach. And honestly, I wouldn't mind if we had somebody move up in the managerial ranks. Not as a new GM, but as an associate GM who could begin to learn Lou's system. Because if this happens enough times you need to step down and let the reins move on. And I'd rather be prepared for that than ignorant of it.

This is absolutely a move in the right direction. Still need a new coach. And honestly, I wouldn't mind if we had somebody move up in the managerial ranks. Not as a new GM, but as an associate GM who could begin to learn Lou's system. Because if this happens enough times you need to step down and let the reins move on. And I'd rather be prepared for that than ignorant of it.

Lou may let his son Chris take over for him when Lou steps down... Chris already in the org. isnt he?

Such jubilation when I read this headline. Now maybe we can get a coach who will actually have consistent line combinations.

I predict Johnny Mac will get the job.

Edited by nyrsuck26

Lemaire actually retired about two weeks ago.

As for Johnny Mac, didn't he just coach our AHL affiliate into the playoffs for the first time in like a decade or something?

You beat me to it... first time getting a basement AHL team into the playoffs in a decade, with a good number of his star players (and I use star players loosely, but they are that equivalent in the AHL) missing because they were up with the big club. Plus, these are the same players that are the future of the franchise, so he must be onto something. Johnny Mac has just the right amount of fire too... reserved and balanced in the times he needs to be, and ready to rip someone's head off when it needs to get done (just ask torts...)

Right he's the Lowell GM. But I honestly don't know that he's the man for the job. Maybe, but I just don't think so.

Yep, and it's not much of a job. the team's success this year was based mostly on prospects and players that were signed by Lou. although I guess he did sign Taromina, which means a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.