2010 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Triumph

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to see what Lou and company have to say about him.... there are a ton of articles of how well he plays under pressure, but he wasnt ranked high at all... ranked 19th among NA goalies by central scouting.

It would be interesting to see what Lou and company have to say about him.... there are a ton of articles of how well he plays under pressure, but he wasnt ranked high at all... ranked 19th among NA goalies by central scouting.

This kinda worries me, but maybe Conti & Co see something in him:

@TheGoalieGuild

Devils went WAYYY off the board with Wedgewood. He was not only ranked #19 for domestic goalies by CSS, but he slid 6 spots from mid-terms

This pick doesn't seem cool at all... Still, it's the same people who drafted Marty, so they probably know something about goalies. Plus, G's development is much more unpredictable compared to skaters... There are a lot of goalies who were drafted late and weren't expected to even make the NHL and turned out to be class players, so maybe if the guy was expected to go late and the Devs took a chance with him a bit earlier, there is something to him...

That's wishful thinking, at least. Hell, it's a 3rd round pick, it's no big waste if he's a total bust.

would prefer that they didn't draft a goalie at all but drafting a 17 year old who hasn't started isn't the end of the world.

By the 3rd round its not that big of a deal anyway. All goalie picks are risks, Wedgewood given his age is probably a bigger risk than most. They obviously saw something in him to take him when many higher ranked guys were still on the board.

I have a feeling it's going to be quite a while before we are going to see any of these players turning pro in NA. Jorg might be the first because of his age and the competition he has been playing against already. It might not hurt to let him keep playing there though. Anyway, I think we will all need to have lots of patience to see results from this draft. I guess with some prospect knocking on the door in the next couple years we can afford to have this kind of draft year.