2010 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Triumph

bleh what a poor draft from NJ. drafting two goalies in the same year is terrible.

I'm with you on not drafting goalies, but the Devils picked them later in the draft, where everyone becomes a bit of a crapshoot. If the Devils had those guys as the BPA by a good margin then you have to draft the goalie, even if it's not your normal strategy.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want this kid to make it so badly. I want that jersey some day. :evil:

Hopefully, he can be number 6 or 66 too. He'd be the one of the most evil looking players there could be (unless Miro Satan ever came)

Hopefully, he can be number 6 or 66 too. He'd be the one of the most evil looking players there could be (unless Miro Satan ever came)

I know that Miro Satan is old and useless for this team, but I (like many) always kind of hoped he'd sign here at least once before retiring.

Now, I don't need that anymore. Faust is also less obvious, which is nice.

The only disappointing thing about him getting the number 6 is that it suggests no Andy Greene by then. That would make me sad.

I cant believe this wasnt mentioned: Pens selected a kid straight out of Delbarton. I dont think the state has ever had a kid drafted into the NHL straight from his hs.

No, last year the Penguins selected Alex Velicheck out of Delbarton in the 5th round. But I believe Agostino is going to Yale.

George Parros also was drafted from Delbarton and attended Princeton.

Edited by Par99

I cant believe this wasnt mentioned: Pens selected a kid straight out of Delbarton. I dont think the state has ever had a kid drafted into the NHL straight from his hs.

Jim Dowd. He went to Brick High School and was drafted by the Devils his senior year.

EDIT: Sry Triumph, didn't see ur post.

Oh and now that I'm at it:

You are right for the most part though. Besides the last couple years no player from NJ besides Jim Dowd was drafted into the NHL right out of HS. Guys like Paul Mara, Drew Miller and Bobby Ryan all were born in NJ and were drafted before college, but none of them played high school hockey, favoring instead junior hockey.

There was David Williams who was drafted in 1985 by the Devils right out of high school. He played hich school hockey at Chatham High. However, he doesn't count because he played his senior year at a HS in Conneticut.

Edited by ben00rs

I know that Miro Satan is old and useless for this team, but I (like many) always kind of hoped he'd sign here at least once before retiring.

Now, I don't need that anymore. Faust is also less obvious, which is nice.

The only disappointing thing about him getting the number 6 is that it suggests no Andy Greene by then. That would make me sad.

I'm sure he can be bribed to change to something else...maybe make a deal with the devil? (see what I did there?)

The Penguins also drafted a player out of Delbarton last year, Alex Velischek.

John Merrill - His skillset and game is very similar to that of Marc Staal. Tremendous skater, great positioning and high hockey IQ. For whatever reason he hasn't put that together in terms of offense.

Scott Wedgewood - I am awaiting an OHL guru's opinion on him. He is big, young and sees a ton of shots when he played.

Joe Faust - Undersized defensmen with good offensive attributes. New Jersey picked out of the woodwork this year, I can usually find something on the players.

Maxime Clermont - A pick I like. Maxime has amazing speed and athleticism. He is a classic butterfly goaltender with excellent positioning. He over commits to the shooter and plays a little deep in his net. He is a mixture between Marc Andre Fleury and Olivier Roy at the junior level.

Mauro Jorg - The only two games I seen of this kid, he has excellent skills. He is fast, has great hands and a decent shot.

The Penguins also drafted a player out of Delbarton last year, Alex Velischek.

Wow, didnt know that. How about the state of NJ, producing alot of hockey talent within the past decade. I think we can say the Devs success can take some credit in that.