• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Palffy latest King sidelined

TSN.ca Staff

11/25/2003

The Los Angeles Kings will be without sniper Ziggy Palffy for Tuesday's game against the New Jersey Devils.

Palffy suffered two broken teeth and some soft-tissue damage on the right side of his face after he was hit by the puck late in third period of Saturday's win over Colorado. He did not practice with the team and is listed as doubtful against the Devils.

"I guess we're going day-to-day right now," Kings coach Andy Murray tells the LA Times. "If the swelling goes down and he's feeling more comfortable, then he will play [Thursday at Phoenix]."

Palffy is tied for second overall in NHL scoring with 26 points, two behind league leaders Robert Lang of Washington and Alex Tanguay of Colorado.

Palffy joins a long list of Kings who have missed time due to injuries this season. Aside from Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh, who have been out of the lineup since last year, Jozef Stumpel, Derek Armstrong, Brad Norton, Michael Cammalleri, Aaron Miller, Mattias Norstrom and Jared Aulin are all sidelined.

Stumpel could be back in time for tonight's game.

Heh, yes I do see where you were trying to go with it but fact is its apples and oranges. LA doesn't have mass transit, NJ does.

I guess the Kings will have to move out of LA.

Wouldn't make much difference really. There's no mass transit anywhere in SoCal. LA has freeways. Everywhere. Driving around LA with my brother was like being in the cockpit with a pilot. He was constantly on the phone with his buddy trying to figure out which roads aren't jammed up.

If there was mass transit I would still not go because it would cost a fortune. Just to take the coaster from Oceanside to San Diego is about $25 round trip. Just not worth it. The mass transit back east is a lot easier to use, and lot easier on the wallet.