GDT - 12/21/10 NJD vs Washington 7:30pm (VS)

mmajeski06

Yeah, I'm sure if we has Lundqvist or Luongo we wouldn't be this bad because no other goalie gives up what are called "soft" goals. I give up with this place.

it wasnt even freaking soft goal, having TWO opposing forwards parked in front of you with NO HELP whatsoever from your own team while on EVEN FREAKING STRENGTH is a freaking disgrace. i hate our coach, i hate our AHL defense.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm sure if we has Lundqvist or Luongo we wouldn't be this bad because no other goalie gives up what are called "soft" goals. I give up with this place.

They don't give them up with the increasing regularity that Brodeur does. Luongo is overrated anyway. Lundqvist is far and away the better goalie now than Brodeur and it's been that way for a year or two.

It's too late to fire the coach as Lou should do that after the 20th game. Stick with MacLean and hope we can get ourselves a lottery pick.

no, because his horrendous coaching is hindering the progress of younger players. tedenby has been struggling since maclueless screwed him off the arnott/elias line

he's killing the team in more ways than just his awful in-game coaching and his dont give a sh!t attitude.

no, because his horrendous coaching is hindering the progress of younger players. tedenby has been struggling since maclueless screwed him off the arnott/elias line

he's killing the team in more ways than just his awful in-game coaching and his dont give a sh!t attitude.

Not only that, but bringing in a new coach now gives him the opportunity to work with the team for a bit and get a feel for what players he thinks he can work with and what type of guys they may want to see come back in the coming trades we're all hoping for :P

They don't give them up with the increasing regularity that Brodeur does. Luongo is overrated anyway. Lundqvist is far and away the better goalie now than Brodeur and it's been that way for a year or two.

To each his own. The way some of you guys guys talk about Brodeur, it's like you never watch games that NJ doesn't play in. Do you know how many "soft" goals Lundqvist gave up glove side last season? It was like a running joke with how bad he was getting abused glove hand.

Marty is soon going to be 39 and plays on pretty much the worst team in the entire circuit. Excuse him if his reflexes are not what they once were. His team can't defend and they can't score. They're old, slow and stupid and are coached by a bald incompetent dope. You throw any goalie on this team and they're going to look pedestrian, I don't give a sh!t who it is. This team is absolutely awful.

Well no more cursing on hbo for budreau.

I never thought I'd see the day an ex-ranger is coaching our team...and into the ground and with free reign from Lou.

Sickman, you're spot on brother. Can't fault Marty for this ahl defense.

Edited by devlman

To each his own. The way some of you guys guys talk about Brodeur, it's like you never watch games that NJ doesn't play in. Do you know how many "soft" goals Lundqvist gave up glove side last season? It was like a running joke with how bad he was getting abused glove hand.

Marty is soon going to be 39 and plays on pretty much the worst team in the entire circuit. Excuse him if his reflexes are not what they once were. His team can't defend and they can't score. They're old, slow and stupid and are coached by a bald incompetent dope. You throw any goalie on this team and they're going to look pedestrian, I don't give a sh!t who it is. This team is absolutely awful.

He should retire then. His 5 million can be allocated to improve this "awful" team. Right now, Marty is contributing an "awful" lot. I love Marty, but he's played like crap since coming back off the injury, terrible defense in front of him or not.

I mean, when a bunch of 4th liners get goals on you...it's embarrassing.

Almost?

I'm drinking 10 yr old Scotch to get me through the games. Might have to go to something stronger. Any suggestions? A good liquor perhaps?

He should retire then. His 5 million can be allocated to improve this "awful" team. Right now, Marty is contributing an "awful" lot. I love Marty, but he's played like crap since coming back off the injury, terrible defense in front of him or not.

Who cares what lines they were when the goals are top shelf beauts and close, clear looks on goal

Well no more cursing on hbo for budreau.

I never thought I'd see the day an ex-ranger is coaching our team...and into the ground and with free reign from Lou.

You know, that's something that doesnt get focused on a lot. The announcers just blindly called MacLean a "lifetime" Devil, when any Devils fan knows that is not true, particularly with how things ended with MacLean in his playing days as a Devil and then playing on the Gretzky/Messier Rangers.

Who cares what lines they were when the goals are top shelf beauts and close, clear looks on goal

Marty gets very sloppy from time to time with his mechanics and movement across the crease. And only two of the goals were what I would call "beauts" in being unstoppable. The other three were preventable.

You know, that's something that doesnt get focused on a lot. The announcers just blindly called MacLean a "lifetime" Devil, when any Devils fan knows that is not true, particularly with how things ended with MacLean in his playing days as a Devil and then playing on the Gretzky/Messier Rangers.

I didn't get how they can say that either it made no sense whatsoever. I think he might've also worn an A for them too.

i pointed this out on the boards the SECOND they said it, and no one picked up on it. thank you for confirming i heard what i did.

Like I said, to each his own but I give up on this subject. Those of you critiquing the goal tending are really barking up the wrong tree imo. If you wouldn't bitch about Brodeur it would be about Hedberg or any other poor sap that had the honor of playing for this sack of sh!t team. You'll have 4th liners scoring on you when the team in front of you is so fvcking dense that they leave these players all alone in front of the goal to cash in on one timers , deflections or tap ins. I mean are we serious here? Do you not see the breakdowns taking place in front of our net and all over the ice?

I'm drinking 10 yr old Scotch to get me through the games. Might have to go to something stronger. Any suggestions? A good liquor perhaps?

Just do what I do and smoke a lot of weed.

Like I said, to each his own but I give up on this subject. Those of you critiquing the goal tending are really barking up the wrong tree imo. If you wouldn't bitch about Brodeur it would be about Hedberg or any other poor sap that had the honor of playing for this sack of sh!t team. You'll have 4th liners scoring on you when the team in front of you is so fvcking dense that they leave these players all alone in front of the goal to cash in on one timers , deflections or tap ins. I mean are we serious here? Do you not see the breakdowns taking place in front of our net and all over the ice?

Of course we see it. They suck. What else do you want. Doesnt mean Brodeur can't stop the shots once in a while. Just acknowledge that Brodeur is playing like crap because he absolutely is, and this is coming from a monumental Brodeur fan in myself who usually gives him carte blanche but can no longer do so.

Marty is a big reason we are in the predicament we are in and why I fear we won't be able to re-tool the proper way. He's become an impediment to success. He's not a very good goalie anymore, it's time fans realize this.

Of course we see it. They suck. What else do you want. Doesnt mean Brodeur can't stop the shots once in a while. Just acknowledge that Brodeur is playing like crap because he absolutely is, and this is coming from a monumental Brodeur fan in myself who usually gives him carte blanche but can no longer do so.

Marty is a big reason we are in the predicament we are in and why I fear we won't be able to re-tool the proper way. He's become an impediment to success. He's not a very good goalie anymore, it's time fans realize this.

+1

Cant blame this bad team on his performance because theres been a steady decline in martys play for the last four years.

Edited by Zubie#8