2/13/2011 - Meet and Greet and Practice Tread

Dead

I think today was well done, and the players were all rather nice, and even did a ton of signatures unless they were extremely swamped by fans (aka Parise, etc).

It was nice to see Salvador at the event, I hope he gets healthy soon. I know what it is like to have post-concussive symptoms and I can really feel for the guy, as it completely sucks. Some of the players that do not speak English perfectly seemed a little unsure at times, but were great none the less. Pelley is always awesome, as is Greene, well just all the players are always really nice. Parise I am not sure if anyone can speak bad of the guy, he is always great, same with Clarkson. Clarkson during the break even went to play with the kids. Zubs was sporting a nice black eye thanks to the high stick, but was still all smiles during the event. Tedenby even signed my father's Swedish jersey even though the jersey is a team he played against, great move right there :)

The food was OK, I liked the wings the most.

Got to meet a bunch of fans that were awesome and great people, and with the exception of (2) a$$holes everyone was well mannered and respectful. Got to meet a board member (Colin) also.

The only thing that I did not like was how the parking garage completed screwed up and did not make everyone pay when they entered. They then made EVERYONE wait over 30 minutes before allowing anyone to leave (I would even question the legality of this move by the "management"), while trying to figure out how to determine who paid and did not.

What did everyone else think of the event?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a very recent season ticket holder (only been one for three days in fact), it was a good opportunity to be out there watching the practices and meeting a few players. I guess the only disappointing part happened to be that only one of the two lounges were opened (the e-mail said that both would be open) so the food line was incredibly long right after practice. There was also a bit of a botched moment where the line to meet David Clarkson turned out to be a line to meet a wall when players took a break and switched places. Amazing patience from the people waiting in the line for so long. o_0

I guess I'm lucky that I didn't drive there as I went by bus, so it's unfortunate to hear about the parking situation. When my uncle and I went to the Prudential Center for the tour, we had a bit of a problem when it came to parking (we weren't clear on where to park mostly) which delayed the tour a fair bit.

I've never to been to any of these events before today and all in all I had a ton of fun. The players and coaches (and I even saw Lou out there) were all great. I got to meet Marty and felt like a little kid again and it was great to see Salvador, Taormina, and Parise and I hope they're all healing up and back ASAP. The lines to meet the players all moved fairly quick and I met about 20 guys in the 2 hours which is really awesome. The longest line was actually the line to get food. I thought that could have been organized a bit better in all honesty. It was basically just seeing how many people they could pack into the Fire Lounge. The food was good enough though so once again, I really can't complain. Overall I had a great time and would love to go to future events like this. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday. A final note, I hope Leach is alright after getting his tooth knocked out in practice. The guy just comes back to the team and he's already getting unlucky breaks.

Yeah the parking was a bitch...

What I didn't like was the fact that I was in line for Marty then they told us that he was taking a 20 minute break...only be told AGAIN that he's in another part in the arena. (It's too bad because I wanted to tell him about the time his bulldog went into my dad's mail truck. LOL)

Pictures to come shortly. I got around ten of the players & staff. (My sister was so starstruck from meeting Clarkson.) Got to meet Colin and got to thank him for the Habs tickets always a plus to meet forum members. (I should have worn my Mazzarone Devils jersey)

Was there with my little cousin. Was a boost after his house was burnt down, and he lost all of his devils stuff/jerseys/hats etc. Thought it was cool, and the team is very nice, and easy to talk to. Was great to see Salvador, I think we were one of the firsts to see him/get in his "line" and he was real cool. Great event, well set up, just sucks I missed Marty by like a minute..

didn't do any of the big names since I met them at the BBQ, here are some pics

two boys from Moscow, got to ask him about his twins and nj overall

182091_676796647194_26311849_37074274_393031_n.jpg

Zharkov was really friendly, talked about soccer and living in a hotel because he isnt guaranteed to see out the season here

181530_676794840814_26311849_37074221_3995851_n.jpg

pleaded with him to stay next year, got a chuckle

182428_676795080334_26311849_37074228_747363_n.jpg

181647_676796352784_26311849_37074263_4719038_n.jpg

as close as i can get to Teddy

181980_676791702104_26311849_37074121_6106483_n.jpg

180810_676792425654_26311849_37074137_5495145_n.jpg

181751_676792799904_26311849_37074148_8176791_n.jpg

Pretty long line for this guy, idk if he is any good or anything

182787_676794621254_26311849_37074216_509615_n.jpg

Thanks man. It was just being in the right place at the right time I suppose. I kept moving from line to line and they always seemed to get longer after I left, although for the most part I was trying to get photos with the rookies or the guys who aren't super popular and not the guys like Elias, Kovy, Clarkson, Parise, and so on who had the longest lines. The exception was Brodeur, that one was just pure luck as when they came out for the second round of photos he literally started his line right in front of where I was standing haha.

Did anyone get Parise to sign anything?

Not during the event. I want to honor the Devils wishes and even though I saw players sign (Arnott, Zajac, Corrente etc) there is a time and place. At 3pm, I walked down by where we and the players parked and got Kovy, Parise and Volchenkov to sign (along with a bunch of other people) when they were leaving and they were fine about it. Overall great time at the event, though I wish both lounges were open and it took way too long to get out of the parking deck.

Didn't eat much cause I get too excited to meet the players and stuff :)

Edited by Souray44