Niedermayer to wear the "C"

Devs25

As per Matt Loughlin on Devils game night. I'm gald they didn't give it to the cro-mag egomaniac across the river. Anyway....Go Scotty

Congrats!

I don't know if this has also been reported, bu TSN's SportsCentre has said that Rafalski will take Stevens' spot in the All-Star Game.

Boy I'm shocked...SHOCKED that not only was Raf Stevens' replacement but Nieds was the C as well, considering Hitch and Quinn are the co-coaches. :P

I guess Hitch and Quinn have enough egg on their face from bypassing Elias (he's had like a goal a game since the snub) and now want to kiss our butts :rofl:

After the first month, Rafalski was 2nd in D scoring. He had a great start. I certainly don't mind him there.

--------------------------

I guess Scott N. showed what an awesome Captain he makes over the last couple of weeks...

That was a weird one especially for a guy who isn't a captain normally. I thought Messier would get it for sure.

Actually, Modano was captain of the West all-stars last year when he was still the alternate captain. So, it's not too shocking. I thought it would have been Messier for sentimental reasons. Like I said, I'm glad it wasn't.

I think both are out of left field.

First off, Niedermayer gets no recognition from the league, isnt captain until Stevens gets zonked, and now they come out of left field to give him the captaincy? While it doesnt mean anything, i think I would rather that Messier had it.

And Rafalski makes the team? Hey, this guy is a good player, but I dont know if I would have selected him as the replacement for Stevens.

Or maybe I was just caught off guard.

Messier wasn't captain because he has lead his team to the ground for the 7th year.

After they won the cup and beat the devils, in the ECF, they went into the hole and we got better.

Its like the tri-state area (ny, nj, ct) only has one good team at one good time...

Remember the good old Islanders days when they won 4 consecutive cups.

Or the good old pre 1995 rangers years.

Or the current 1995-now Devils years...

The devils have been the best in the division for most of the last decade.

Rafalski played very well tonight, I felt he stood out.

He made some excellent plays that might not have been noticed, but were note worthy.

I am not surprised to find him playing in the All-Star game.

He stood out all right, whiffing a number of times on the powerplay giving Ottawa a couple of semi-breakaways. For all his "good" plays his bad plays were too glaring to not notice.

Rafalski played very well tonight, I felt he stood out.

He made some excellent plays that might not have been noticed, but were note worthy.

I am not surprised to find him playing in the All-Star game.

He stood out all right, whiffing a number of times on the powerplay giving Ottawa a couple of semi-breakaways. For all his "good" plays his bad plays were too glaring to not notice.

What happened to his dangerous wrist shot?

He can't get it through anyone anymore. It always seems to get blocked or just caught.

And if he breaks another stick at the point leading to a odd man rush, I think I'll scream.

He's still the 3rd best defensemen on the team and he can get the puck out of the zone.

We're going to like him a lot more when Stevens comes back and he's back with Scotty.

Of course, in the Post today NEverson wrote an article about how Nieds might give the Captaincy to Jurassic Mark if Messier asks him for it. I'm not even going to post the link, it makes me want to :puke:

Of course, in the Post today NEverson wrote an article about how Nieds might give the Captaincy to Jurassic Mark if Messier asks him for it. I'm not even going to post the link, it makes me want to :puke:

Classy of Scott if he does but one must wonder..

WHY WASTE THE "C"?????????????

:blink:

Of course, in the Post today NEverson wrote an article about how Nieds might give the Captaincy to Jurassic Mark if Messier asks him for it.  I'm not even going to post the link, it makes me want to  :puke:

Classy of Scott if he does but one must wonder..

WHY WASTE THE "C"?????????????

:blink:

If he keeps the "C" on his All-Star jersey it will be more expensive. B)