OTTAWA AQUIRES BONDRA!

devildan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Laich is a moderate prospect at best. I saw him play on Sunday, and he didn't impress me at all. I doubt he sees anything more than fourth line time in the big leagues.

And a pick.

And apparently we couldn't match that offer.

I'm not scared of Bondra, I think this hurts Ottawa more then it helps, what type of toughness does he bring. I don't even find him to be an effective sniper anymore.

:noclue:

Jesus Jason, the Sens just added a top line lw sniper that they have lacked forever and you arent even a little concerned? I mean this finally gives them a player who can play first line lw and effectivly pot hossa's/havlat's/alfredsson's rebounds. We are in some serious trouble here.

I'm not scared of Bondra, I think this hurts Ottawa more then it helps, what type of toughness does he bring. I don't even find him to be an effective sniper anymore.

He is on pace for 30 goals. He has a 15% shooting percentage. Of Devils with 100 or more shots, our best is 10.5%.

You may think he is washed up, but a washed up Bondra is better than anything we gots. Even Elias is sitting at 9.8%.

What happened to all the talk that he wont play with heart?

Honestly, I think this may make us gunners for O'Neil... or make us sellers...

We need to do something if we want to beat Ottawa.... we hardly beat them last year, with more solid D...

I'm not so concerned about the Senators improving themselves. If Lalime plays well, we wouldn't stop them with or without Bondra. They make it or break it in goal.

I'm concerned that we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, had an opportunity to improve... Washington dumped for a moderate prospect and a pick... and we passed.

He is on pace for 30 goals. He has a 15% shooting percentage. Of Devils with 100 or more shots, our best is 10.5%.

You may think he is washed up, but a washed up Bondra is better than anything we gots. Even Elias is sitting at 9.8%.

Elias is our only shooter, a goaltender can cheap on him when he has Marshall and Gomez on his line, Elias takes the majority of the shots from anywhere including bad angles. Bondra had Jagr, Lang on his line where the goaltender didn't know where the puck was comming from giveing him a high shooting percentage.

Elias is our only shooter, a goaltender can cheap on him when he has Marshall and Gomez on his line, Elias takes the majority of the shots from anywhere including bad angles. Bondra had Jagr, Lang on his line where the goaltender didn't know where the puck was comming from giveing him a high shooting percentage.

... and what about his three 50-goal years when he had nobody on his lines?

... and what about his three 50-goal years when he had nobody on his lines?

He DID have some dude named Adam Oates dishing him the puck ...

I'm still waiting for Lou to pull the trigger on some deal none of us thought of. As for Bondra I think he would've made a bigger impact going to the devs than the sens. The sens already have goalscoring and a great pp, and now they have to squeeze bondra into that already tight lineup. Is there enough ice time to go around, and how much of a difference can Bondra make on a power play that is already one of the best in the league?

Oh, Lou, where were you on this one.

This is pretty sad. If he doesn't get a center or right wing by the deadline, it will be one of his worst non-moves ever.

Bondra is not what he was, but he gives the Senators the ability to deal Marty Havlat if they are so inclined. The Senators can now acquire just about any player they want who might be available.. that includes Jeff O'Neill, Sergei Gonchar, etc.