Insanity At The Islanders Game

'7'

a great game, 3-3 going into OT. Isbister gets a breakaway but is pulled down, the puck appears to have rolled across the line before the net is knocked off(at least that's what I saw) the red light comes on but the ref signals penalty shot. Isbister is stoned by Vokoun but 2 seconds later Aucoin fires it home off the faceoff. Thrilling finish

The Rags game was great too, only they won 5-4 :angry: Holik had his 1st point as a Rag and Bure had 2 nice goals

wow, the post obstruction NHL is kind of fun

Yea, the Rags defense was shakey as usual, Richter bailed them out a couple of times, other times he had no chance. The Rags were screwed twice though, the Barnaby deflection goal was inconclusive and Lindros getting thrown out was complete BS. Belak just slipped into the boards but the ref must've thought Lindros rammed his knee into Belak's head or something.

The Isles finish was wild, I thought the puck definitely crossed the line before the net was dis-lodged and shoudl have counted.

I thought Barnaby's non-goal was obvious. His stick was above his shoulder and the only player in the league who canhold his stick above his shoudler and still be BELOW the crossbar is back in rehab. I just didn't like HOW it was called. Ref calls it a goal, goes to replay, the replay booth says it is inconclusive and up to the on-ice refs, THEN the wave it off? What replay did they see while on the phone? Theydid get the call right.

Lindros, the major was bogus. It shouldn't have been anything, but I'll give the refs the benefit of the doubt. At first I thought he was getting 2, at full speed it did appear to be boarding.

Two things:

The Lindros penalty was a good call;

Unless Lindros has changed his physical style so his head can be inserted up another players "assets", then that was pure and simple a penalty.

He lowered himself with the intent to injure a prone player. Good Call.

Second:

Cechmanek is a very good goalie: to say he choked last year is ignorant. Obviously you did not watch the playoffs last year.

He did everything but score for Philly.

What is Michel doing keeping Jose in the game?

Is he trying to ruin the kid's confidence?

Or is he trying to pull a Mario Tremblay?

MY question:

What's with Jose Theodore's? I've only caught bits and pieces of the Habs games (minus the Ranger$ one), but his stats are tr

He went down, but it was the impact of him falling into the boards which cut his face. As I said, when it happenned I thought he would get 2 minutes. When I saw the replay, he should not have been penalized. However, I am willing to give the refs the benefit of the doubt as they do not have an opportunity to watch it in slow motion.

It wasn't even a PENALTY!!!!! The fans knew it and the officials sucked major ass last night. If it was a "a dirty play" as Redrum contests, why was it called so late? Because Belak was down.

A fan even called up WFAN last nite and said they sat a couple of rows from the play and said Belak went down before Lindros even touched him.

The player slipped and fell, but Lindros kept on skating and hit him. Lindros tried to make it look like he didn't do it on purpose, but after watching the replay 5 times, I looked closley at Lindros's body language. He saw him falling, so why did Lindros even ram into him? Lindros just should've skated to get the loose puck, but Lindros had to be an ass and almost give the guy a concussion.

That was a great call by the refs. In real time it looked like an accident, but after replays you could CLEARLY see Lindros intended to hit the guy while he was falling. Lindros just wanted to take advantage of the guy's head being so low to the boards.

Lindros is a prick, good call by Refs. I would've suspended Lindros for 3 games.

To all you Ranger fans, I'm not being bias. Considering how prone Lindros is to concussions, he's a pretty cheap player. Lindros got off easy with a game misconduct.