Petr Nedved

Jerrydevil

you really want nedved? :unsure:

for the same price (maybe even less) you could probably get rucinsky...i know he's not a center (nor as talented) but IMO would be a FAR better fit.

nedved is what he is...a guy who should score 30, who scores 20 plus. thing is...how many other guys can you say have scored 20 goals 5 years in a row?

Kamensky was worth a shot, though. Larionov was never going to be the 2nd line center solution for the playoffs no matter what happened.

Anyway, I just don't see us dealing with the Rangers. We'll see how things go, but I think Slats keeps just about everyone.. *maybe* he deals Kovalev, but only if he gets a good return. And that's what Sather was so good at in Edmonton, getting a good return.

I'd love to have Rucinsky, he's a solid player and he'd definitely fit nicely on the Devils. He's been having a great year, and I think his +/- is amazing for such a defensively poor team. He's just an overall GOOD player, not great, but definitely above average. If the Rangers had more of players like him, they'd be in far better shape than they are now.

BTW -- I'd pass on Nedved too. No thanks.

Has anybody looked to Anaheim? Besides Sykora and Ruchin, what about the high flying Federov, probably too expensive, but a thought. \

A more realistic choice would be a guy like vinny prospal, who recently had a 79 pt year with the bolts and now aint doin to shabby in the goal droughted Anaheim. Plus hes a center! Lets make him a devil for a high draft pick/bicek or maybe berglund. :clap:

Are we interested? Lou likes cheap help, and this would be pretty cheap help. I know Nedved disappears in a game often and he plays for the enemy, but he does have some offensive ability and we could use help at center. Oh yeah, he won't cost much. Did I say that already?

B)

You answered your own question as to why the Devils shouldn't get him.

And I don't think he'd come as cheaply as you do.

I say Pass, hes not very good and probably hurts us more than helps us.

Hes' not a devil kinda player. offensively talented, but poor work ethic. I doubt lou would ever consider him. And like someone else said, we dont deal w/ the rangers.

Vince