Draft party Location in the air?

cgosha21

Not sure if this has been posted yet or mentioned in any other forms but it looks as though the Devils will not be having a Draft Party again this year! This years draft is on Friday June 24 & Saturday June 25. The Rock has 2 different concerts scheduled for both days.

Another year wasted!

They can have the draft party anywhere. That's not a concern. For them not to have one with the 4th overall pick will be just really bad marketing on top of already less then good marketing.

If it's the equipment sale the concern lies, well that's another thing. They could have it at the practice rink, for example. It might not directly "tie in" with the draft party, though (location factored in) or another day entirely.

FWIW, the Dallas Stars hold their equipment sale/memorabilia sales in their practice rink parking garage. Can't see the Devils doing that, though.

left hand... hello ... right hand rolleyes.gif

My wife and I were wondering about the draft party. We checked the Pru Center schedule over the weekend and didn't see anything for the 24th. That concert must be a new addition.

Edited by mac760

Wow, that's a massive booking fvckup. I have "VIP access" for the draft party as a STH perk.

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be at the arena, it's the only place that can hold the crowds they get.

Doubt it. I went to the last draft party a couple of years ago and a good 2/3 of the people came just for the equipment sale. You take away the equipment sale and you have a couple hundred people who are interested in the draft party.

Doubt it. I went to the last draft party a couple of years ago and a good 2/3 of the people came just for the equipment sale. You take away the equipment sale and you have a couple hundred people who are interested in the draft party.

There were 5K people there. The equipment sale is just something to do while you're there. Double booking it is a pretty big botch-up, especially when it's used as a STH perk.

There were 5K people there. The equipment sale is just something to do while you're there. Double booking it is a pretty big botch-up, especially when it's used as a STH perk.

Most people barely paid attention to the draft when I was there. Maybe 200-300 people were sitting and watching the draft on the scoreboard when the Devils chose Josefson. They were too busy fighting each other for game used sticks.

Most people barely paid attention to the draft when I was there. Maybe 200-300 people were sitting and watching the draft on the scoreboard when the Devils chose Josefson. They were too busy fighting each other for game used sticks.

I agree. I have only minor interest in the draft and mostly because of the high pick.

They should just split it up. Have the party at a restaurant and do the sale another time.

That was also at 9:30 or so. The sale (except for the people who get there early to stock up) is just something to do to pass time, no different than say, an autograph stand, which I don't remember if they had at the 09 party, but they did at the 08 party and a bajillion people were lined up there instead.

The point is the event draws people because it's held at the arena. Using it as a perk gives you the assumption it'll be held at the arena. Not at some place of their choosing that you may or may not be able to get to on a Friday night, depending on where it is. I could care less if they weren't using it as a perk.

It's got to be an accidental double-booking because even they aren't that stupid.

William: Thank you for visiting newjerseydevils.com. How can I assist you?

Tom: One of the season ticket holder benefits was "Draft Day party with special Season ticket holder access" Now it is looking like, Prudential Center has a booking that night. http://www.prucenter...id=87&objid=896 Is the draft day party going to be at a different venue?

William: They will both be held here. We are going to seperate the events within the building

Tom: OK, thanks. Thats all i needed to know

lol, how do you separate a draft party and a reggaeton concert?

edit: well, according to ticketmaster, the concert is set up for the arena, so it's easy to see who is getting the short end of the stick and squeezing into the practice rink. lol. while they charge event parking prices.

Edited by maxpower

lol, how do you separate a draft party and a reggaeton concert?

edit: well, according to ticketmaster, the concert is set up for the arena, so it's easy to see who is getting the short end of the stick and squeezing into the practice rink. lol. while they charge event parking prices.

This is a Meadowlands-esque type of fvck-up.

i think they are underestimating this years interest in the draft because of our pick position.

the got around 5K people last time. I would guess the rink, counting the risers, can maybe hold 1K if the fire marshall gets paid off. that doesn't even bring up bathrooms, food, and what exactly constitutes "VIP".

so, 'ya think?