Draft party Location in the air?

cgosha21

What's the capacity of the rink in the first place? I know they had a boxing card in there, but's not THAT big. They might have more requests from STH than they actually have space. :lol:

I'm predicting disaster if they hold it in the practice rink, which is I guess their only option. I don't know how many people showed up for that boxing card, but when I heard they held that in Amerihealth, I couldn't believe they had enough space. I was planning on going, but I may just stay home now.

Edited by MadDog2020

I'm predicting disaster if they hold it in the practice rink, which is I guess their only option. I don't know how many people showed up for that boxing card, but when I heard they held that in Amerihealth, I couldn't believe they had enough space.

Yeah, once this gets confirmed one way or another, I'm calling them up and saying "ya know, I think I'd rather go to the awards ceremony afterall." :lol:

I really think someone should edit the title of this thread. Just sayin'.

As for it being done in the practice rink (presumably), who's to say it can't be held in a combination of there, the various rooms that they have inside the arena (where the tag sale or whatever it was called was held the next-to-last weekend this season), and/or outdoors? We're all kind of jumping to conclusions here without knowing what may or may not be planned. Sure, it's justified in a sense in that we know that they've screwed up the planning on stuff before, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that they've got at least some sort of plan in place.

(Also, wasn't the equipment sale the Saturday of the draft last year? Perhaps they're holding the party in the Pavilion Friday night, and the sale the next day?)

I really think someone should edit the title of this thread. Just sayin'.

As for it being done in the practice rink (presumably), who's to say it can't be held in a combination of there, the various rooms that they have inside the arena (where the tag sale or whatever it was called was held the next-to-last weekend this season), and/or outdoors? We're all kind of jumping to conclusions here without knowing what may or may not be planned. Sure, it's justified in a sense in that we know that they've screwed up the planning on stuff before, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that they've got at least some sort of plan in place.

(Also, wasn't the equipment sale the Saturday of the draft last year? Perhaps they're holding the party in the Pavilion Friday night, and the sale the next day?)

If you have a concert in the building, the people at the party can't really have access to the arena proper.

The easist plan, since the Devils run the building, would not be to book into the draft, it was known for eons they were going to draft early and that might raise interest. If it was outdoors, where are the bathrooms? How is parking going to work when traditionally they had cheap parking, yet this is an event night so prices will be jacked, etc..

This has massive disaster potential. Potential is potential, doesn't mean it'll be that way, but since it's the Devils, I'll go with it. I would guess everyone is going to be stuffed into the rink to stare at a TV. And then whatever crowd they estimate will be tripled in actuality.

VIP might be the only ones to even get access to the draft party from the looks of it :P

the got around 5K people last time. I would guess the rink, counting the risers, can maybe hold 1K if the fire marshall gets paid off. that doesn't even bring up bathrooms, food, and what exactly constitutes "VIP".

so, 'ya think?

i worked the boxing event that was in the practice rink. It was crazy. They had the Ironmen's old astroturf down above the ice, but it kept bunching up and people kept tripping. So this might be the case again since they still use the ice for local teams. Unless they are able to use the main rinks flooring this time? But it can fit a lot of people in there. The main concern would be what they'd use for a tv.

i worked the boxing event that was in the practice rink. It was crazy. They had the Ironmen's old astroturf down above the ice, but it kept bunching up and people kept tripping. So this might be the case again since they still use the ice for local teams. Unless they are able to use the main rinks flooring this time? But it can fit a lot of people in there. The main concern would be what they'd use for a tv.

If i had to guess, probally a projector.