Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

"This is a guaranteed 40-50g/40a per year guy"

No way Kovalchuk is a 50/40 guy in the Devils system.

Why not? There's definitely a chance he gets to 50 goals playing with Arnott/Elias/Parise/Zajac/Langenbrunner/Zubrus

BTW if you want to quote someone, you don't have to copy and paste...jut hit reply and it automatically quotes the post.

Edited by ben00rs

His wife has a 3 yr old and and a 1 yr old at home. Why would she want to be thinking of Hollywood?

Im kinda hoping now that Kovy magically signs with Calgary. That way they can be the team of ultimate hate for a Devils fan (outside of the rags of course)

Thankfully for me, I've been away from my computer for a couple days, and have missed some of the drama.

His wife has a 3 yr old and and a 1 yr old at home. Why would she want to be thinking of Hollywood?

Im kinda hoping now that Kovy magically signs with Calgary. That way they can be the team of ultimate hate for a Devils fan (outside of the rags of course)

Unrelated, I know, that's crazy in this thread, but how have the Sutters all kept their job in CGY? I'm flabbergasted.

Why not? There's definitely a chance he gets to 50 goals playing with Arnott/Elias/Parise/Zajac/Langenbrunner/Zubrus

BTW if you want to quote someone, you don't have to copy and paste...jut hit reply and it automatically quotes the post.

I just don't think the Devils play an open style that Kovy is used to scoring in. If Mac and the others decide to go with a more open style there is chance that he could score 40 plus goals and 30 plus assists but that's it. Kovy only had one season of 50+ goals and 40+ assists. He's only reached 90 points twice as well.

I just don't think the Devils play an open style that Kovy is used to scoring in. If Mac and the others decide to go with a more open style there is chance that he could score 40 plus goals and 30 plus assists but that's it. Kovy only had one season of 50+ goals and 40+ assists. He's only reached 90 points twice as well.

Well I think it would be nice if we started scoring more and playing a more open style. We have some offensive weapons and we should use them.

Kovalchuk put up 27 points in 27 games with a new team, new linemates, a coach who had NO idea how to use him, and teammates who mostly did nothing but pass the puck to him and stare in awe as he skated up the ice. If you don't think Kovalchuk can put up 50/40 in a Devils uniform, you're crazy.

Maybe Kate Gosselin is her idol.

Kovalchuk put up 27 points in 27 games with a new team, new linemates, a coach who had NO idea how to use him, and teammates who mostly did nothing but pass the puck to him and stare in awe as he skated up the ice. If you don't think Kovalchuk can put up 50/40 in a Devils uniform, you're crazy.

I think a lot of what you say rings true, but what did Kovalchuk do to fit in here? Doesn't he have the responsibility to do that?

Yeah those kids are slowing down Pitt and Jolie

Exactly... if he signs in LA, we should get someone to sit on his babies.

I guess I'm crazy then. I've said it before the Devils don't have a culture of having one superstar and then a bunch of role players. If anything the Devils is the example of "team" sports. Everyone on the team has a defined role and fulfills that. That's probably one of the reasons Kovy would be by himself trying to rush the puck up ice against four opposing players. Kovy's role on this team will be that of a team player, not the superstar that he is used too.

I think a lot of what you say rings true, but what did Kovalchuk do to fit in here? Doesn't he have the responsibility to do that?

No. He has a responsibility to be a good teammate and listen to the direction of the coaches. It was Lemaire's job to "fit" him in. Kovy did the best he could coming on to a team with tension in the locker room with only 2 months left in the season. Given time and good coaching, everything would be different.

I guess I'm crazy then. I've said it before the Devils don't have a culture of having one superstar and then a bunch of role players. If anything the Devils is the example of "team" sports. Everyone on the team has a defined role and fulfills that. That's probably one of the reasons Kovy would be by himself trying to rush the puck up ice against four opposing players. Kovy's role on this team will be that of a team player, not the superstar that he is used too.

Hmm that's strange because I'm pretty sure Parise put up 45/49 two years ago as a "team player". If Parise can do it, Kovalchuk can also.

board is getting hostal...kovi maddness i say

thought a short calming vid was in order

:cheers:

You post a video with S Nieds holding the Cup in a Ducks uniform and call it a "Calming video?"

this whole thread is hilarious! :)

You post a video with S Nieds holding the Cup in a Ducks uniform and call it a "Calming video?"

:unsure: with clips of him holding it as a devils :boogie:

Hey post a picture of JS Giguere holding the Conn Smythe. That should be really calming.

Exactly... if he signs in LA, we should get someone to sit on his babies.

Colbert's thumbs up really make this post!

:unsure: with clips of him holding it as a devils :boogie:

But Niedermayer is the jackass that STARTED all this off-season traumavation! It's been an annual event ever since.

Hey post a picture of JS Giguere holding the Conn Smythe. That should be really calming.

I'm a Devils fan, THIS is what calms me down:

There's two sides to this:

If you allow him to play his game the way the Thrashers/JL allowed he can get 40 goals, but this also means we are probably giving up 3-4 goals a game. This and Parise, Elias and Arnott #'s go down as they see the puck too infrequently while Kovy attempts to do everything himself.

The other side of this coin is he plays on the third line and just does his thing against weaker opponents and maybe some PP time on the second unit.

But since he doesn't want to be here, who cares?

Unrelated, I know, that's crazy in this thread, but how have the Sutters all kept their job in CGY? I'm flabbergasted.

It truly is amazing.

Maybe Kate Gosselin is her idol.

lol