GDT: Carolina at New Jersey, 7pm EDT - OLN,TSN

Don

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can take them losing but the way we lost this series is sickening.

GO Devils!

I agree, we showed yesterday we can play and win against Carolina, why we could not have done that Wednesday night I don't know :(

All good, :koolaid: DEVILS WILL RISE AGAIN!! :koolaid: I hope Buffalo rips the Canes

I disagree with some of the choices made in coaching and in lines but in the end I don't think it would've mattered so I won't bother to list them here.

Well it wasn't a great season for New Jersey but it was certainly better than we could have hoped in November. We got one last win in there and we beat the fvcking Rangers finally - embarassed them, no less. With Lundqvist and Jagr there for a few more seasons it figures to be interesting hockey until the end of the decade in the New York Metro Area.

The Devils didn't play well but I think they wanted to win this game. The bang-bang kind of plays they rely on to score just weren't working today, and as a result they didn't get many shots on goal. Remember that even during the 15 game winning streak the Devils were routinely getting outshot. The heart was there, the execution was not.

This wasn't a team that I thought could win the Stanley Cup but after breezing through the first round I became convinced it was possible.

The 'Canes played well even though they are a team of floppers and guys who I don't like. I do like Brind'Amour kind of - he's a guy who could've been a good Devil for a long time if it hadn't been for Lou's sophistry.

I trashed Buffalo all playoffs long. I think it's going to be a good series between they and Carolina but who knows - I was wrong about this series being a good one.

Edited by Triumph

Okay folks. it is 2.35am, the Devils have just proved they did not want to win this series and with that I am going to head to bed.

BUG i didnt realise you were from london , GO LONDON DEVILS FANS

F*CK THE CANES

Thanks you devils for a great season, Next year i hope we can take it further, lets get our Free agents signed now

fvck the rest of this team.

F*ck you, we didnt win, and i admit at times i felt we could have played better but hey they are our team!!!

The fat lady sang. It's over.

I didn't expect much from this team, I got the excitement of two long winning runs and the blow out of the Overrated Rangers.

The Devils need to rebuild. They need to stop depending on Broduer. I would trade him but then I am alone with that idea. It will take a few years to build a Cup team. The Devils lack a farm team and the new Lowell team if treated like Albany won't be worth much. They must sign Elias but I am not sure that will happen and I see Gomez leaving the Devils.

Cory Booker will be an influence on the Devils.

Cory Booker will be an influence on the Devils.

Cory Booker? I hope he has a great shot and we can put him on the point in the pp.

I disappointed of course. Not sure if I really expected a win, or just really wanted a win. As for next year, I hope we can keep the EGG line, beyond that all other forwards are expendable, IMO. The only way we win this game is if Marty posts a shutout and that's unacceptable. How can Marty be clutch when no one else is clutch. Well I do have a soft spot for Sarge. I think the D needs tweaking too.

The EGG line next year will be Elias-Gionta-Gionta haha.

I think, and this may surprise and offend many, but Elias will be back and Gomez won't, and I think it'll be out of a fear that without Lou running the show he'll be lost under another coach who doesn't know how to use him.

I disappointed of course. Not sure if I really expected a win, or just really wanted a win. As for next year, I hope we can keep the EGG line, beyond that all other forwards are expendable, IMO. The only way we win this game is if Marty posts a shutout and that's unacceptable. How can Marty be clutch when no one else is clutch. Well I do have a soft spot for Sarge. I think the D needs tweaking too.

That's what they were saying in the third period on TSN - it's a very sad thing that Martin Brodeur is stuck on a team that can't score a goal to save their lives. Though it wasn't said, it was insinuated that Brodeur should have signed with a team that is a legitimate contender.