Chico Resch Talks Ceremony, PDB, Brodeur's Future, Playoffs

TheMazz

Chico Resch is one of the NHL’s most beloved personalities, both as a goaltender and as a broadcaster where he spend nearly twenty years as the color commentator for the New Jersey Devils. Resch is set to be honored by the Devils on October 24th, 2014 for his contributions to the team. In this exclusive interview with AlternativeNation.net’s Sports section, Resch discusses the upcoming ceremony, Mike “Doc” Emrick, the future of Martin Brodeur, Adam Larsson, if he thinks this year is truly “do or die” for Devils coach Peter Deboer, what the Devils have to do to make the playoffs this season, and more.

You can view the full interview here

Edited by TheMazz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

WFAN just told me "Brodeur being called a distraction by Chico Resch isn't a news story"

Go find another obscure baseball story to run you asshats.

Pathetic. This is why I always laugh at the myth that NY is some special uber-market, great sports town. NY behaves like a small town market. Very overrated sports town.

Pathetic. This is why I always laugh at the myth that NY is some special uber-market, great sports town. NY behaves like a small town market. Very overrated sports town.

It's amazing to me. Sporting News - Interested. Sportsnet - Interested. WFAN? LOLNOPE. It's hilarious to me that an out of area market is more interested then an in-market outlet.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Steve Cangialosi

To
Me

Oct 22 at 11:38 AM

Mike,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.   Very busy juggling two sports.   Can I still help you with this request?

Steve

----

Oh boy. Yeah I think Steve is a little late to the party. Unless he wants to give me his top five Chico memories then I don't see a point. I asked Resch everything. I'll revisit if the Devils make the playoffs or maybe mid season for a "mid season assessment"

BTW. If anyone on here wants to conduct an interview, say with Cangi or any member of the Devils (I'm sure I can get their roster players now. Who knows, their media team isn't as welcoming as say, the Sharks or Preds) hit me up and I'll have you be a guest contributor for AN.

Chico is honest and transparent and doesn't have hidden agendas.  I love this guy and hope Dano is as open minded and critical of his team when required.

I knew Chico wasn't going to pull punches. Dano seems like a company man to me. I base that on nothing. I hope I'm wrong. If he didn't tell me directly not to post it I would of post the juicy sh!t he said and what he thinks of Bryce as Captain.

This board would spin and go into a frenzy.

Edited by TheMazz

I knew Chico wasn't going to pull punches. Dano seems like a company man to me. I base that on nothing. I hope I'm wrong. If he didn't tell me directly not to post it I would of post the juicy sh!t he said and what he thinks of Bryce as Captain.

Damn you with the juicy insider information!!!! :)

Sent from my TAB2 using TapaTalk

Nice article!

As for Dano being a company man, I don't know about that, but I would put his love and hopes for the Devils up against anyone, even Chico. And I'm a big Chico fan!

What a tease! :lol: nice job.

Great interview and the fan club got two hours of Chico at his best last night.  Tomorrow night is gonna be aweome. 

As for Dano being a company man, you couldn't be more correct.  The two of them were guest speakers on consecutive months in 2011 after that horrendous season.  Chico was honest, critical, and gave us the real deal.  Dano candy-coated everything, and just gave us the usual Devils company line lip-service.  That's the difference between Chico and everyone else.  He'll talk to you as an equal and let you into a world that we don't have access to, not down to you as some dumb fan that doesn't know anything.  He's genuinely interested in what you have to say and last night he said he's never had a bad interaction with a fan.

*board going into frenzy*

WHAT'D HE SAY?.... WHAT'D HE SAY?

You can't just tease us like this and leave us hanging man!