GDT: Devils @ San Jose

Derlique

No you can't. Because of the cap, I don't think we can afford both in the line-up. Didn't we just have 15 skaters against Pittsburgh because of this issue?

i believe that while rolston is out these two can be brought in to play. the problem will be when rolston returns.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it's age, injury, or lack of interest; some of our forwards just seem a step slow.

Elias and Langs in particular just keep getting beat in our zone, the neutral zone - hell, they aren't even getting to rebounds like the used to.

It's hard to watch - almost like "Old Yeller". It's fun at times, but really sad because you know the end is coming for something that you loved for a long time.

They are stepping slow because they are lacking confidence. They all feel that they have tried everything and the puck just isnt going their way. They are just going to bomb the puck off the blue line because they know that going in the zone isnt going to do anything.

Us as fans need to show them that they can do this and we are still here to cheer them on. Fans are a big thing for teams and players. We can do alot for their overall moral.

i believe that while rolston is out these two can be brought in to play. the problem will be when rolston returns.

I could be wrong, but from what I understand Salvadors money isn't applied to the cap now either because he is on IR. Once he is activated I believe this leaves us with even less space.

Who on earth, at any stage, called this sh!tfest of a defense 'above average'???!! I refuse to believe anyone at anytime uttered such an inaccuracy.

Look at the end of the Ranger game thread, there was at least one making the case that since we were 'only' 14th in shots allowed that we were an above average defense. Too bad that 39 shot game last night jacked up the average :P

After the Kovy signing, I called our defense, "one of the worst in the league" and was told by everyone on these boards that "our defense was great, and was better than last years Jennings Trophy team". oops.

Talentwise it really should be...but who could have forseen Volchenkov and Salvador playing four periods combined between them, or Tallinder turning into the second coming of McGillis or Greene being a total first-half fraud? I shudder to think how bad it would be if Taormina hadn't come out of nowhere.

Edited by NJDevs4978

After the Kovy signing, I called our defense, "one of the worst in the league" and was told by everyone on these boards that "our defense was great, and was better than last years Jennings Trophy team". oops.

That was with Volchenkov and Salvador inserted in and overrated rookies removed.

Look at the end of the Ranger game thread, there was at least one making the case that since we were 'only' 14th in shots allowed that we were an above average defense. Too bad that 39 shot game last night jacked up the average :P

Yeah i remember that. Sad thing is that it sounded just as ludicrous then as it does now.

I actually believe what I read in some article about the Devils...There's some kind of cloud hanging over the locker room, they KNOW that someone is going to go.. I think Lou should make the deal so this team can move forward with a roster that's not subject to major changes barring any injuries... Why would players who are on the trade block WANT to play hard?? Although this logic is flawed when you look at Zubrus, or Clarkson and Langs at times, Players still know in the back of their heads that someone is going to have to go to get this roster to where it will be when we go into the playoffs..

I actually believe what I read in some article about the Devils...There's some kind of cloud hanging over the locker room, they KNOW that someone is going to go.. I think Lou should make the deal so this team can move forward with a roster that's not subject to major changes barring any injuries... Why would players who are on the trade block WANT to play hard?? Although this logic is flawed when you look at Zubrus, or Clarkson and Langs at times, Players still know in the back of their heads that someone is going to have to go to get this roster to where it will be when we go into the playoffs..

I know it's early but the longer this rut goes on, just making the playoffs become a very big question mark.

I Just remember one soccer match BTW Brazil vs Argentina, in which the argentinians managed to put some kind of "drug" on the water bottles of the Brazilians. Surely enough Argentinians won the match.

We could do this every three games, so at least we have a chance :whistling: :whistling:

:troll1: :troll1: :troll1:

I know , I know but at this point I don't know what the Devils are gonna do to manage to get some wins.

I Just remember one soccer match BTW Brazil vs Argentina, in which the argentinians managed to put some kind of "drug" on the water bottles of the Brazilians. Surely enough Argentinians won the match.

Wait wait wait.. Now can you prove that they were actually drugged? I mean you could be a little biased here and holding a rumor as the truth because you didn't like that your country lost to a rival :giggle:

Wait wait wait.. Now can you prove that they were actually drugged? I mean you could be a little biased here and holding a rumor as the truth because you didn't like that your country lost to a rival :giggle:

Ok Ok maybe I'm not the whole truth...

The Argentinians didn't drug the whole Brazil team. What they did the put some "drugs" on some of their own water bottles and instruct the players to offered this "druged water" to the Brazilians.

They only managed to get one Brazilian to drink the water, it was Branco, and the bottle was offered by none other then the infamous Diego Maradona.

After the game the controversy arose because of the video showing Maradona giving a bottle to Branco, after Branco gav back the water, Maradona got a new bottle and drunk from the new bottle.

This controversy went on until 2005 when the Argentinian head coach admitted the whole plot.

The game was in the quarter final of the 1990 World Cup. Brazil lost by the score 1x0.

Sure you can't say Brazil lost just because one drugged player but still.

You probably can find the video on the youtube.