New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TG says "I have confirmed that parties will be in Boston for Kovalchuk hearing Tuesday." Obviously he hasn't confirmed that the hearing will start Tuesday, but it seems contradictory.

Check again.. TG now reporting it will start Wednesday

Actually, I think she's been the most accurate source through this whole thing.

She did call Kovy staying in the NHL...but what else did she get right?

Then again, that alone probably makes her "the most accurate source through this whole thing." - "most accurate" isn't saying much.

Edited by ben00rs

Check again.. TG now reporting it will start Wednesday

Correct Colin. The Kovalchuk hearing will begin on Wednesday and the decision will be made on either Friday or Saturday. Sooner the better so Kovy can get ready to play in NJ with his team mates.

Kovalchuk hearing to begin Wednesday in Boston (site and day confirmed)

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/report_kovalchuk_hearing_to_begin_tuesday_in_boston/

The hearing to decide the grievance about Ilya Kovalchuk’s rejected contract will definitely begin Wednesday in Boston.

But I have confirmed that the hearing will definitely begin Wednesday and conclude Thursday. A ruling is expected Friday or Saturday.

meh, I'm just happy they settled on an arbitrator already. That coulda sucked for a while!

She did call Kovy staying in the NHL...but what else did she get right?

She also reported it would be a 17 year deal, and top 100M

pretty sure she also placed a collect call to LL to warn him Buttman would try to shoot the deal down. wink.gif

Edited by Masked Fan

meh, I'm just happy they settled on an arbitrator already. That coulda sucked for a while!

She also reported it would be a 17 year deal, and top 100M

pretty sure she also placed a collect call to LL to warn him Buttman would try to shoot the deal down. wink.gif

o yea. Wow, MamaChuk can't keep her mouth shut. She better find a way to do so before someone gets the smart idea to ask her where the rest of the spies are.

o yea. Wow, MamaChuk can't keep her mouth shut. She better find a way to do so before someone gets the smart idea to ask her where the rest of the spies are.

nah, the govt. is too busy going after lance armstrong for doping and giving aid to pakistan. not like our own gulf coast coulda used that 12 million they shipped over there. :doh1:

someone tell her not to give away any secrets to other teams like a list of kovy's fears and address written on the back of an old school picture.

I read the arcticle on the arbitrator the other day and the only rulling for the NHL that was mentioned went in the leagues favor. Has anyone else seen any of his other rulings?

There's been a lot of his rulings talked about on this board. His most notorious decisions was his anti-Terrell Owens call. But in general he's all over the board. He's never really had a case like this.

Where are you seeing those numbers?

I was going nuts trying to find this too. Finally got it.

On the main Hell page with the list of threads, there are columns for Thread Title, Started By, Last Post, etc. Click on the number of replies under Stats. Then do the Happy Dance.

I was going nuts trying to find this too. Finally got it.

On the main Hell page with the list of threads, there are columns for Thread Title, Started By, Last Post, etc. Click on the number of replies under Stats. Then do the Happy Dance.

:lol: Nice find. I just did this for Random Thoughts & Stuff. I'm 4th with 616 posts, no big deal :RD:

I feel like Kovalchuk being there will actually be a good thing.. My assumption is the NHLPA will call him to testify (I believe they can do this and it's not the arbitrator who decides which ppl testify), and they will ask him if he's 100% positive he intends to play out the contract.. Kovy will say yes and the NHL will have little precedent to say he won't play it out.. That's my personal feeling on it

Question to the board: Is the arbitration hearing closed to the media/general public? Just curious if there is anyway TG gets to sit in that hearing live. I'm assuming not but it would be cool if he did as that should be a very interesting spectacle.

Question to the board: Is the arbitration hearing closed to the media/general public? Just curious if there is anyway TG gets to sit in that hearing live. I'm assuming not but it would be cool if he did as that should be a very interesting spectacle.

I believe they are closed to anyone who is not directly involved in the case