GDT: Rangers vs. Devils

snartly

Lundquist and the Rags get up for these games though. Marty and the Devils view them as nothing more than another team. I guess we're just too far removed from 1994. Well, unless you're a Rags fan then 1994 is all you talk about.

Wait you think the Devils just view the Rangers as another team? You're living under a rock. And hopefully not the prudential center because Ranger fans might laugh in your face. Granted the Devils have more bragging rights than the Rangers do since the Devils have been in existence ...but we can seriously win 10 in a row ..play the Rangers and lose. It's happened before.

Just wanted to take a moment and highlight a few of the worst offenders in the "stuff people say on this forum that piss everyone off" club. BS comments like these irritate me to no end. Let me clarify - I am disappointed in the way Brodeur played tonight. In fact, I was just talking about how we need to start Hedberg more. But there is no need to take this bad situation and turn it into a smug, self-serving remark like these. We all know that Brodeur is old and declining. Why are so many of you acting like you're some kind of hockey genius for "predicting" that he would have some bad games?

It's one thing to be frustrated that the team lost. Everybody on here is feeling that. It's another thing to "celebrate" that loss with posts like this. The team played well and lost. Marty wasn't great. These things happen. Take the loss and move on.

Please a post like this is only doing the opposite of the point you are trying to make.

Marty has been declining for some time and the queen has had his number for years. He simply cannot play in high pressure situations anymore and really never has done all that well in these type of games in recent years.

It is amazing the justifications the fanboys of Marty on here make to defend him. What he has don't in the past is the past. He simply cannot beat the rags anymore. He was terrible and I thought the rest of the team was at least solid tonight.

Edited by DevsMan84

I think the Devils got up but we didn't play well for a full 60...as usual.

We played well for very close to 60 minutes. Close enough that it's not worth mentioning. The Rangers didn't win this game because we didn't play for 60 minutes. They won because of Lundqvist, Brodeur, and bounces.

We played well for very close to 60 minutes. Close enough that it's not worth mentioning. The Rangers didn't win this game because we didn't play for 60 minutes. They won because of Lundqvist, Brodeur, and bounces.

Gotta disagree there. Bounces yes, Lundqvist yes. Broudeur could have been better? yes. But we did not play a full 60. We slugged along for major parts of the 2nd and third periods. We also made mistakes that we have been making all season - from giving up the lead again to handing the opposing team an odd man advantage goal. That does not equate to playing well.

Pathetic. That's probably the worst thing he has going in his career.

You know it has to do with the Rangers just being a better all around team for the last couple years. The wheel of fortune spins...there was those years not too long ago that the Rangers didn't beat us in regulation for like 25 straight games.

Also, let's not forget Marty's career record vs. the Rags is quite impressive.

Edited by ben00rs

OK this is getting boring now.

Thing of it is -- getting all grumpy and negative is fun pretty much only when the team gets to respond -- feel like they've been called out.

I think that was my point with the Marty thread -- he really isn't able to respond in the same way he did in his youth. So the negative comments against Brodeur serve no purpose. Seriously -- NONE. It's not even stating the obvious - it's not really a stress reliever. I totally understand how some of you are kind of shocked and I have no problem with those comments. Like Onddeck is obviously working things through - that's totally cool - you're being very cool - I feel your pain :P I don't mind the talk of Hedberg getting all Ranger starts - that's fun and maybe even possible - so ha!

But I agree the smug I told you so stuff is just tired, uninspired, uncreative and more over completely unobservant and detached from the entire situation - boasting how on top of it they are when they're so out of touch. That's why they get annoying. Best thing to do is throw them a mental dog treat and pat on the head and hope they go back behind the sofa for some alone time. (I didnt' think Manta was that dorky - he only gets that way about Kovalchuk.)

Great game ....until MARTY AND THE PP KILLED US :lol::boogie:

(AWE MAN -- the thread got back on track just as I started typing this! :urg: glad though :smilegah:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Gotta disagree there. Bounces yes, Lundqvist yes. Broudeur could have been better? yes. But we did not play a full 60. We slugged along for major parts of the 2nd and third periods. We also made mistakes that we have been making all season - from giving up the lead again to handing the opposing team an odd man advantage goal. That does not equate to playing well.

Although i always feel using the word "bounces" in the same breath as a loss is an excuse, i agree with the rest. There are too many people who equate "playing well" as a one or two period thing. This team can not put together a 60 minute game without shooting themselves in the foot. This team on most nights is it's own worst enemy. If they could get over repeating the same mistakes, they'd have more wins/points. Most of us here can count the games they had wins/points and blew it.

It comes down to the same things every loss. There's nothing new.

You know it has to do with the Rangers just being a better all around team for the last couple years. The wheel of fortune spins...there was those years not too long ago that the Rangers didn't beat us in regulation for like 25 straight games.

Also, let's not forget Marty's career record vs. the Rags is quite impressive.

I remember that run and honestly Marty was not really a major reason why we won them. There were a good amount of ties and the rags were outright terrible and the devils were much better then.

He should not be playing against the Rangers. These are all crucial points. Devils shouldn't be losing games like that in regulation. 1st goal, I can't blame on Brodeur, but that second goal just shouldn't happen. Anyway, Larsson played awesome again today.

I though larsson has his best game in weeks tonight.