169 replies to this topic

#161 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico particularly puzzling...

CANGIALOSI: "Are you more of a boobs or ass man?"
CHICO: "Why can't it be both?"
CANGIALOSI: "I like the way you think, Slappy!"
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#162 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

Mostly I like to enjoy hockey. This I can enjoy Last year I couldn't with inexplicable problems with blantant fixes no one could implement. These are normal problems fixable with experience I see the team acquiring game by game. If it all goes too well you're not prepared to fix failures.

I'm not mad at Kovalchuk because it serves no purpose but it may amuse some endlessly to rant and I'm fine with that.

The team us doing enough right and enough wrong that I'm pretty happy. I was relieved to see what I saw of the game last night. There is a brain working and no one is relentlessly hammering away at a failing system. They constantly step back and adjust - sometimes for better, sometimes worse. I enjoy that. I'm happy. :noclue: if you have more fun being unhappy, no big deal. Knock yourself out :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 30 October 2011 - 12:24 PM.

I'm here for the party

#163 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico particularly puzzling...

CANGIALOSI: "Are you more of a boobs or ass man?"
CHICO: "Why can't it be both?"
CANGIALOSI: "I like the way you think, Slappy!

Chico didn't say that. He said: ya knoo. I just hafta ask, I think I'm both. That possible I think right? Is the thigh the ass of a chicken? That's what I'd really like ta know. Ooh pardon me for saying ass I don't think we can say that unless it's a barnyard animal".

"haha Cheeckster. I think it's Stan who's into barnyard animals haha!"

Edited by Pepperkorn, 30 October 2011 - 12:34 PM.

I'm here for the party

#164 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

Mostly I like to enjoy hockey. This I can enjoy Last year I couldn't with inexplicable problems with blantant fixes no one could implement. These are normal problems fixable with experience I see the team acquiring game by game. If it all goes too well you're not prepared to fix failures.

I'm not mad at Kovalchuk because it serves no purpose but it may amuse some endlessly to rant and I'm fine with that.

The team us doing enough right and enough wrong that I'm pretty happy. I was relieved to see what I saw of the game last night. There is a brain working and no one is relentlessly hammering away at a failing system. They constantly step back and adjust - sometimes for better, sometimes worse. I enjoy that. I'm happy. :noclue: if you have more fun being unhappy, no big deal. Knock yourself out :evil:

I dont really see how no one being able to put the puck in the net is a "fixable" problem but I hope you're right or this year is gonna be a lot more like last year than any of us are prepared to have to deal with.

The team plays well defensively for the most part. And they have good goaltending most nights. So in that way, you're not wrong that they do "enough right" to make one not 100% pessimistic, but the offense is SO anemic that it's REALLY hard not to get frustrated and down on the club as a whole. The PP still doesn't work and 5 on 5 ain't any better, and I don't see any definitive or quick fixes for a roster largely full of players who simply CANNOT finish.

How Adam Oates still has a job is beyond me.

#165 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

While i dont think its possible that were just so unlucky for that long, im watching other teams and their goals are not really prepared or anything... they just get a good shot off a breakout or a good rebound right on their stick or stuff like that

the only thing we should make the goalie and other team move a bit more in their zone and we should get more pucks to the net to create rebounds or lucky bounces

www.SterioDesign.com

#166 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

missed this one, had to work last night. I read the last couple pages here to catch up, but did we look smooth? I know we caught some bad breaks and without that puck going off of Fayne its a whole new game. but did we play ok for the most part? we have so much skill why is our offense still only putting up 1 goal?

I KNOW it has to be because we dont know how to play together. you look at other teams with half the talent as us, who can put up much more goals than us- and its because they can just play together. they crash the net at the right time, and understand each other's game.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#167 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,546 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

it's way, way too early to make judgments about the 5 on 5 offense. the power play is not good and needs work. but 5 on 5 offense? that could be anything.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#168 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

One thing I noticed during a powerplay was while elias had the puck at the half boards, parise was up front. But he was on elias's side. He wasn't in poisition for a tip in from an elias pass or shot deflection. He was in position for a point shot screen. Someone said it perfectly that the players don't move from their spots. And its obvious our shots only come from kovalchuk who should be playing the half boards similarto jagr. He's dreadful on the point
Devils.

#169 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

One thing I noticed during a powerplay was while elias had the puck at the half boards, parise was up front. But he was on elias's side. He wasn't in poisition for a tip in from an elias pass or shot deflection. He was in position for a point shot screen. Someone said it perfectly that the players don't move from their spots. And its obvious our shots only come from kovalchuk who should be playing the half boards similarto jagr. He's dreadful on the point

exactlyyy.. watching other teams, i feel like they all crash the net at the perfect time

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#170 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

when the streams for games are posted on this site are they of the devils broadcast from msg+? thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users