New Jersey Devils Draft Party

GoArmySports

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Arnott, Josefson, Hedberg, and Kovalchuk(thanks to I think it was jwomp who traded it to me for a zajac) sticks. Also picked up a Petr Vrana jersey and a March 17 game puck. Not bad wish they had more gloves and apparel but no big deal. Honestly I thought this sale was run a whole lot better than the last 2 years.

Edited by DS88

I got Arnott, Josefson, Hedberg, and Kovalchuk(thanks to I think it was jwomp who traded it to me for a zajac) sticks. Also picked up a Petr Vrana jersey and a March 17 game puck. Not bad wish they had more gloves and apparel but no big deal. Honestly I thought this sale was run a whole lot better than the last 2 years.

i got screwed by the horrendous traffic patterns in newark and the cop who was blocking the ONLY road to the yellow lot 10 as i tried to make a left and told me to go around. 30 minutes later i back track to the same spot and the clown was gone. moving me from the corner of the waiting line to the ass end by the parking garage.

picked up a rolston used like for 2 seconds stick, was perfect height for me.

The franchise and everyone involved with the equipment sale should be fvcking ashamed of themselves. fvcking ashamed. I am beyond upset. I stood 3 hours early in line, top 100 in line today. 5:30 I actually got in to the sale, 45 min after it started to rain. I got in....there was sh!t for sale. No gloves, crap jerseys, and sticks that basically were choices of 3 White, 3 Volecnkov, 2 Tallinder, 4 Rupp, 5 Rasmussen, 40 Rolston, 2 Greene (both in peoples hands and 2 Taormina. Not to mention it was 75 a stick. The VIP's cleaned it all out. Thats an issue on its own. Basically, if you werent a VIP you got fvcked. Now...onto the draft that they were "televising".....it was a projector screen outside in the rain. Are you kidding me!? Maybe its because I have never been to one of these before, but all I learned was if you arent a VIP dont waste your time going down there, paying 25 for parking and 5 a hotdog.

Vanderbeek, youll be getting a letter.

I did the prepaid parking on the devils website. I got a pass that allowed me to park in the VIP garage for a little under $10.

I'm happy with my jerseys and planning to sell my Kevin dean one. Has good wear on it and saw it going online for $250. I might get $150 - 200.

The way people acted, the staff acted, and how it all went down....it was just wrong. I understand the VIP thing, but STH have the money to buy season tickets, ontop of that, they are being honored again allowing them to go in before the rest of us peasants, and clear out all the good player sticks? I wasnt looking for a stick to buy and turn and sell to make a profit as most of the people there tonight were. I just wanted a Ted or Zajac/Elias stick for my own personal collection. I thought they would put sticks out there continuously throughout the night, that was not the case. What was out there was it. Someone could go up, grab all the decent sticks walk off with their wife and walk out with 10 sticks between the two of them and everyone else was left with the garbage.

I def agree they should stagger out the stuff so every fifteen minutes they bring in another load of stuff. I am happy with what I got as I did not want sticks but can def understand why you were pissed. But the devils are far from the only ones constantly separating out the haves and have-nots in their events/promotions

The way people acted, the staff acted, and how it all went down....it was just wrong. I understand the VIP thing, but STH have the money to buy season tickets, ontop of that, they are being honored again allowing them to go in before the rest of us peasants, and clear out all the good player sticks? I wasnt looking for a stick to buy and turn and sell to make a profit as most of the people there tonight were. I just wanted a Ted or Zajac/Elias stick for my own personal collection. I thought they would put sticks out there continuously throughout the night, that was not the case. What was out there was it. Someone could go up, grab all the decent sticks walk off with their wife and walk out with 10 sticks between the two of them and everyone else was left with the garbage.

I thought they had a limit of four per person this year? Fact is with a couple thousand people going to the draft party not everyone's getting a Kovy stick or an Elias stick. Kovy'd literally have to use a different stick every period of every game for four seasons to have a thousand 'game-used' sticks.

If they didn't have a 'caste' system and spread out the good sticks a lot more it would just be decided by blind luck, then someone would complain they got there early and got bupkus while someone who got there five hours later got a Kovy stick.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I def agree they should stagger out the stuff so every fifteen minutes they bring in another load of stuff. I am happy with what I got as I did not want sticks but can def understand why you were pissed. But the devils are far from the only ones constantly separating out the haves and have-nots in their events/promotions

what did you pick up?

Just a Kevin dean and smehlik game worn jerseys and I got me the tiffany glasses. Not big into sticks or equipment or posters. I am prob going to sell eventually the Kevin dean jersey but I am hanging into the smehlik one. I got in there at like 6-6:20 in case any of you were wondering so I wad pretty far back.

I thought they had a limit of four per person this year? Fact is with a couple thousand people going to the draft party not everyone's getting a Kovy stick or an Elias stick. Kovy'd literally have to use a different stick every period of every game for four seasons to have a thousand 'game-used' sticks.

If they didn't have a 'caste' system and spread out the good sticks a lot more it would just be decided by blind luck, then someone would complain they got there early and got bupkus while someone who got there five hours later got a Kovy stick.

No I understand what your saying but you have to understand where I am coming from. I wasnt even last in line. I cant imagine how pissed someone way back would have been. I was within the first 100 in the non VIP line. There was virtually nothing. If they wanted to be fair to everyone they would have just had bins of sticks that they randomly dumped out there. What happened to be in there while you were on the floor is what you could choose from. To put everyone out at once, the first 50 people are going to take all Kovy, Elias, Zajac sticks not to mention there were NO goaltender sticks. Yeah your right it was 4 limit, that was a typo on my part. If someone told me, ah I got a Zajac stick right after you left, Id be more content with that then I was with the fact that everything was cleaned out before I even got in there. It just wasnt fair how they did it tonight. Thats all I am saying. If you cant afford season tickets, you shouldnt be punished even more.

I had to argue with the lady at the entrance to let us in without tickets. I got out of work late and didn't have time to stop at home to get my ticket before going to the rink. She kept saying we weren't getting in without a ticket, finally after telling her the damned tickets were free, there wasn't a limited amount, they were all exactly the same, and that I'm going to be spending money so why would you turn me away, she finally let me in. I don't understand it, why would they be turning away paying customers. Plus I went in there after the Devils made their pick so there wasn't even a line, there was less than 20 people in there at that point. Finally I got in and bought a pair of shoulder pads while being rushed out by the same lady from the entrance.

On a positive note, the guys working at the food tent were nice and friendly, and the burger I thought was good.

Edited by devilsfan26

Outside out jerseys, sticks and equipment I felt like there was not much else this year compared to years past. Anyone notice this or was this just me cause I was a bit back?

I was surprised too they were collecting these "dummy" tickets too like they were real.

Just a Kevin dean and smehlik game worn jerseys and I got me the tiffany glasses. Not big into sticks or equipment or posters. I am prob going to sell eventually the Kevin dean jersey but I am hanging into the smehlik one. I got in there at like 6-6:20 in case any of you were wondering so I wad pretty far back.

Does the Smehlik have a big white patch sewn on the front chest? I had that one and put it back, because I couldn't see much, if any, wear on it. Nice jersey either way, especially for $75!

Those jerseys for $75 were a steal. Some had great wear and tons of repairs...I assume most were preseason. Some even had MeiGray tags in them!

And Quinn...why are you upset? In my opinion you have no grounds for any kind of complaint letter to Vanderbeek. If you wanted the good stuff, you should've bought a VIP ticket or sign up for season tickets and pick it as a benefit. Plus, it's not like the Devils didn't limit the sticks! They did all they could to accommodate everyone by only allowing VIPs to buy 4 sticks each. It was a mad scramble still, but they tried.

As one of the first in, the 4-stick limit hurt me (although it is fair, as much as I disliked it!)

Thanks to some help from friends, I left with some great stuff.

Outside out jerseys, sticks and equipment I felt like there was not much else this year compared to years past. Anyone notice this or was this just me cause I was a bit back?

I was surprised too they were collecting these "dummy" tickets too like they were real.

Agreed. Less merchandise this year for sure...a smaller space, too, which maybe played into that (less than half of the practice rink was designated for the sale, for those who weren't there).

Season ticket holders were in a room in the basement of the prudential center watching on small 40" TVs with crappy sh!t food. the only benefit season ticket holders got was the early access to the equipment sale, and I was at the end of the line and there was really nothing left at that point too.....

The arena was booked with a concert tonight at 8pm,so Devils fans were pushed to the street for some reggae concert. thanks vanderbeek.

Yeah that is the smehlik jersey I had. Might have seen me wearing a white daneyko throwback there. Other than the white patch not much else wear on it. My Kevin dean has a bit of puck marks on it.

I was hoping for game programs or other smaller crap too. Def disappointed by that but the tiffany glasses are kinda sweet.

And Quinn...why are you upset? In my opinion you have no grounds for any kind of complaint letter to Vanderbeek. If you wanted the good stuff, you should've bought a VIP ticket or sign up for season tickets and pick it as a benefit. Plus, it's not like the Devils didn't limit the sticks! They did all they could to accommodate everyone by only allowing VIPs to buy 4 sticks each. It was a mad scramble still, but they tried.

As one of the first in, the 4-stick limit hurt me (although it is fair, as much as I disliked it!)

Thanks to some help from friends, I left with some great stuff.

This is exactly what I am saying. If you cant afford season tickets you have to go stand in line, which I am fine with. Thats not what my gripe is with. What I have a problem with is the fact that you, as a VIP, got in there before everyone else. I get that, and because of that you "left with some great stuff." Me on the other hand, because I am a college student, can not afford season tickets. When I got in there, there where more sticks of Rolston and Rasmussen sticks then anyone else. I shouldnt have to buy season tickets or go out and spend more money on a VIP ticket that I buy off of someone else. Your benfit is getting in there almost an hour before I did, not the first shot at anything you want. That is the wrong part. Your are a season ticket holder....not a king.

Season ticket holders were in a room in the basement of the prudential center watching on small 40" TVs with crappy sh!t food. the only benefit season ticket holders got was the early access to the equipment sale, and I was at the end of the line and there was really nothing left at that point too.....

The arena was booked with a concert tonight at 8pm,so Devils fans were pushed to the street for some reggae concert. thanks vanderbeek.

Were you just aware of this? lol.

This is exactly what I am saying. If you cant afford season tickets you have to go stand in line, which I am fine with. Thats not what my gripe is with. What I have a problem with is the fact that you, as a VIP, got in there before everyone else. I get that, and because of that you "left with some great stuff." Me on the other hand, because I am a college student, can not afford season tickets. When I got in there, there where more sticks of Rolston and Rasmussen sticks then anyone else. I shouldnt have to buy season tickets or go out and spend more money on a VIP ticket that I buy off of someone else. Your benfit is getting in there almost an hour before I did, not the first shot at anything you want. That is the wrong part. Your are a season ticket holder....not a king.

Does a Rolston stick not work or something? Here's a tip, if you were going to blow $75 on a stick that apparently you're not going to use because you care more about the name than the curve or condition of it, you should have bought someone's pass. Because if you can afford those sticks for no reason, you're not as hard up as you're making it out to be.

Yeah that is the smehlik jersey I had. Might have seen me wearing a white daneyko throwback there. Other than the white patch not much else wear on it. My Kevin dean has a bit of puck marks on it.

I was hoping for game programs or other smaller crap too. Def disappointed by that but the tiffany glasses are kinda sweet.

Ray Giroux. I almost did it. lol.

it sucks but that's life. i mean come on, you know what it's about -- look at it from a marketing standpoint. i know this has been beaten to death a million times over but you gotta cater a bit more to the season ticket holder than the average fan. they're just giving these perks to lure more people into buying season tickets. if i had the money and i saw the sth getting all this sh!t, i'd want that sh!t too...so i'd drop the money right there. free stuff is great.

but yeah...they COULD have maybe sold a limited amount of vip tickets to fans and then closed it out. this way, you get the best of both worlds. if you're a non-sth that still didn't get vip, at least you had an opportunity and you could only complain about not being quick enough to grab a ticket. bam.