ESPN Insider Rumor: Parise Contract Coming By Friday?

Jerzey

I know ESPN Insider is just a bunch of crap and usually just made up BS (which is why I included it in the title), but any news or rumor is good at this point, IMO.

Really it's probably just someone speculating. I don't have Insider so I haven't seen the actual article.

It's on the front page of ESPN's NHL page in the news headlines.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/

Edited by Jerzey Devil

If there's rumors, something must be cooking. Before there was dead silence, now we're hearing stuff. Remembering last offseason, when stuff started leaking about Kovalchuk Lou started up with the 'status quo', 'there's nothing new going on' and 'we'll do whatever it takes to keep Kovalchuk but nothing is going on' answers. Seems like he's back to the same answers when talking about what's going on with Zach. I know I may be grasping at straws, but hopefully it won't take all summer to get the guy signed this time.

If there's rumors, something must be cooking. Before there was dead silence, now we're hearing stuff. Remembering last offseason, when stuff started leaking about Kovalchuk Lou started up with the 'status quo', 'there's nothing new going on' and 'we'll do whatever it takes to keep Kovalchuk but nothing is going on' answers. Seems like he's back to the same answers when talking about what's going on with Zach. I know I may be grasping at straws, but hopefully it won't take all summer to get the guy signed this time.

Agreed we don't want a thread like last year that would never end :argh:

You can elect arbitration and still come to an agreement before then. I won't get my knickers in a twist if they do file for arbitration.

I won't be upset if the Devils file for arbitration today but I'd prefer they didn't, even if negotiations go past July 1st.

I won't be upset if the Devils file for arbitration today but I'd prefer they didn't, even if negotiations go past July 1st.

No me gusta, I don't wanna deal with the 1000x articles that are written on July 1st when he's open to offer sheets. File for arbitration, then negotiate imo

No me gusta, I don't wanna deal with the 1000x articles that are written on July 1st when he's open to offer sheets. File for arbitration, then negotiate imo

Well I look at it like this:

File For Arbitration:

-Devils negotiate deal with Parise or Parise gets 1 year deal and can turn UFA next season.

Don't file for arbitration:

-Devils negotiate deal with Parise or Devils match offer sheet for Parise or Devils take compensation for Parise.

Of the 5 options above only 1 of them strikes me as really bad, and that's the 1 year deal.

Of course, we have no inside information but if the Devils and Parise know each side is close then I could understand the Devils electing arbitration.

Edited by Devils731