Kaberle?

Bibby89

If they can move Rolston, Clarkson, or Zubrus, (I don't think anyone would take Salvador unless Lou pulls another Malakhov miracle) any interest in Kaberle? It seems the devils have no luck in finding right handed d-men. Atleast Larsson is when he's ready.

Ok atleast I'm not the only one, personally I'd rather see McCabe over Kaberle, but he was getting over 4 last season, so slightly out of the budget. I just hope Parise gets in the 6 a year range and if Rolston can gte moved, that leaves a little room so its not the same debacle last season started out with, 20 players and all.

If they can move Rolston, Clarkson, or Zubrus, (I don't think anyone would take Salvador unless Lou pulls another Malakhov miracle) any interest in Kaberle? It seems the devils have no luck in finding right handed d-men. Atleast Larsson is when he's ready.

boooooooo this idea....he didn't fit in boston and unless its a deal that rivals the WOW factor of the Volkun deal i don't think it's a good idea

speaking of moving Rolston, Clarkson, or Zubrus which one would you most want to move...i would think Rolston

ps matt lombardi got moved so you never know

I personally like clarkson even though he's way overpaid, but when he was playing with tedenby and josefson a few games last year, he difinitely picked his play up and say what you want the dude has heart. I'd prefer Rolston out of the 3 because of his cap hit and the fact that he hasn't nearly been what was hoped for when they gave him the 5 year deal. Even zubrus shows flashes of still being very productive, even though they are rare, like the 4 goal game vs tampa last year.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Well for one Boston said they "liked" kaberle in the SCF and i would not take him he passes more then he has minutes

They'd probably have to deal Rolston AND one of the other two to fit in Kaberle (assuming upwards of $4 million plus) plus a Zach extension plus having the flexibility Lou clearly wants this year after last fall's fiasco.

Well for one Boston said they "liked" kaberle in the SCF and i would not take him he passes more then he has minutes

Yeah they liked him just fine playing all of nine minutes in Game 7 :lol:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

They'd probably have to deal Rolston AND one of the other two to fit in Kaberle (assuming upwards of $4 million plus) plus a Zach extension plus having the flexibility Lou clearly wants this year after last fall's fiasco.

Yeah they liked him just fine playing all of nine minutes in Game 7 :lol:

Just said what they said when he was playing that he wasn't a negative factor and that Juline said he "liked" his performance

If he's not overpaid and we manage to shed salary, I wouldn't mind Kaberle. Our defense needs the things he can bring. And regardless if Larsson makes the team, it may not be a bad thing to have an experienced puck moving guy to take the pressure off him for a couple years.

I would be cautious just throwing Kaberle under the bus. I do think he's a limited defenseman but he does have some ability with the puck up the ice. I also think with the kind of player he is, how easy the transition was going to be. He's a kind of guy who has to get a feel for his role and the forwards he's working with. Never saw that kind of fit in Boston that he had in Toronto and considering the short time period, I just wouldn't be too harsh on him.

If his price comes down significantly, I might have interest, but I don't see where there is a lot of room for him. I believe the Devils are going to give Urbom and Taormina the chance to make the team next year. I do find it interesting though that he hasn't signed despite the huge frenzy of mid-tier teams like the Jackets, Panthers, Sabres just throwing huge gobs of money at players. He may have to make a choice between taking a big salary without the years to help a team get the floor or taking a smaller salary with maybe an extra year as a sweetener on a contender.

When Kovalchuk rumors first came up a lot of posters thought his defensive game was suck ass, right?

Obviously a bit different when the guy IS a defender but at limited minutes with White/Volchenkov and at a fair price I'd go for it. We have made no major improvements on defense.

Volchenkov-Greene

Tallinder-rookie

White-Kaberle

Maybe.

If his price comes down significantly, I might have interest, but I don't see where there is a lot of room for him. I believe the Devils are going to give Urbom and Taormina the chance to make the team next year. I do find it interesting though that he hasn't signed despite the huge frenzy of mid-tier teams like the Jackets, Panthers, Sabres just throwing huge gobs of money at players. He may have to make a choice between taking a big salary without the years to help a team get the floor or taking a smaller salary with maybe an extra year as a sweetener on a contender.

If you're going to randomly include urbom and taormina then how could you not include Fayne, Larsson?

We don't have room or cap space for kaberle.

With Lou openly stating that the Devils will not be doing any addition without subtraction, could this be a chance to move Clarkson and maybe another? New Jersey seems to have a clusterfvck of 4th line guys the likes of Clarkson, Pelley, Zharkov, Mair, Leblond, et al. Not to mention a lot of young blueliners.

I'm not trying to play GM but just food for thought. Stranger things have happened so far this summer.

With Lou openly stating that the Devils will not be doing any addition without subtraction, could this be a chance to move Clarkson and maybe another? New Jersey seems to have a clusterfvck of 4th line guys the likes of Clarkson, Pelley, Zharkov, Mair, Leblond, et al. Not to mention a lot of young blueliners.

I'm not trying to play GM but just food for thought. Stranger things have happened so far this summer.

In all the players you mentioned, Mair, Leblond, and Pelley are not needed. They have their strengths but they do nothing that sets them apart from any other fourth liner. In fact they don't even have the offensive output that fourth liners should have. Zharkov-Steckel-Clarkson will probably be our fourth line this year.