Awesome and classy young fan

devilzibook

Hey!

I know it isn't related to hockey/NHL/Devils but I thought I should share it with you.

Watch the video: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=17123187&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_17123187&v=3

Not alot of people would have done that... Especially a 12 years old kid. :cheers:

Would love to see that from a hockey fan.

And now take a look at him... miserable :doh1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISz8wJHwoe0

Edited by Devilzibook

Thats nice to see.

I was at an Arch Enemy gig once and they threw out a fully signed drum skin.

I caught it with both hands, but another guy got a hand to it, but we instantly got mobbed so 3 of my freinds were up against this guy and about 7 othere people. Needless to say it ended up as just a twisted rim of metal with barely visible scribbles on it, so i just let it go.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hey!

I know it isn't related to hockey/NHL/Devils but I thought I should share it with you.

Watch the video: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=17123187&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_17123187&v=3

Not alot of people would have done that... Especially a 12 years old kid. :cheers:

Would love to see that from a hockey fan.

And now take a look at him... miserable :doh1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISz8wJHwoe0

Good on Ian. :) Saw that on yahoo, very awesome to see a 12 year old set a much better example than some of the adults out there, like that miserable, selfish d-bag in the other video. Seriously, what kind of man does that to a woman at a baseball game?

That kid just made my day, I have some faith left in humanity.

<edit> I watched it again and it looks like some dude with white hair and a red shirt sort of told the kid to give it to the younger one, not sure how much of it was due to a "good heart" and how much was due to "oh sh!t, i'm gonna get in trouble".

Talking about this one (not the retard that ripped it from the woman): http://mlb.mlb.com/v...py_17123187&v=3

Edited by mrthemike

One of my favorite Scott Gomez memories (ugh, I know) is in 05 when I was down watching practice. He tossed the puck to a kid next to me, but some dickhead leaned over the kid to catch it before it got to him. Gomer smacked the glass with his stick and mouthed "give it to the kid". The guy looked at him like "uh seriously?", Gomez pointed to the kid and gave the guy a really dirty look. It was awesome.

That must've been before he sold his hockey soul and became a (bigger) douchebag I guess

Edited by Devilsfan118

"That is a very well bread young man."

That was a pretty funny thing to say. Very nice. His parents actually did do a good job.

The other video, I kinda feel, and I am going to go with this because I wont be so disgusted, that the guy who wrestled with the woman is mentally slow. He just kinda seems and looks like it.

I broke a nail once in gym class back in highschool....it fvcking hurts so I know why girls always complain about it. :unsure:

Last season I was at a game when the Devils were playing Tampa and it was during warmups. My seat was back by Tampas side and these two dickholes were up on the glass pounding on it screaming things that you dont say around women or little kids and St.Louis was right there and he smacked his stick on the glass and started yelling at these two dudes and pointing back at the little kids. He was getting red in the face thats how upset he was about these two idiots then finally security came and kicked them out of the lower bowl. From that day on I was a St.Louis fan.

Edited by Quinn01

"That is a very well bread young man."

That was a pretty funny thing to say. Very nice. His parents actually did do a good job.

The other video, I kinda feel, and I am going to go with this because I wont be so disgusted, that the guy who wrestled with the woman is mentally slow. He just kinda seems and looks like it.

I broke a nail once in gym class back in highschool....it fvcking hurts so I know why girls always complain about it. :unsure:

Last season I was at a game when the Devils were playing Tampa and it was during warmups. My seat was back by Tampas side and these two dickholes were up on the glass pounding on it screaming things that you dont say around women or little kids and St.Louis was right there and he smacked his stick on the glass and started yelling at these two dudes and pointing back at the little kids. He was getting red in the face thats how upset he was about these two idiots then finally security came and kicked them out of the lower bowl. From that day on I was a St.Louis fan.

NO,NO,NO, NO !!!!!!

MAN UP DAMN IT!!!!!!

I definitely believe that if you catch the ball, you have the right to keep it no matter what age.. But I remember being at a minor league game and I was 15 and caught a foul ball.. This kid's mom a few seats over asked me if her kid could have the ball.. Ummmmm, NO!! Not only did I catch it, but I use these for pitching practice because they are high quality.. Not to mention that the whole fun of the thing is to catch the ball, not just to hold it.. So the other kid had no attachment to the thing, whereas I had caught it so I was proud of the achievement

So cool to see a kid do that. This could be in the Off-Topic thread though-_-

This isnt the first time that I have seen you say this....and somehow I am still flabbergasted.

This is a nice thing to bring to everyone's attention, infact, not to long ago I posted a video of something similar at the Tampa Bay prospect camp. Dont worry so much about what others are putting. :thumbsup:

Edited by Quinn01

I definitely believe that if you catch the ball, you have the right to keep it no matter what age.. But I remember being at a minor league game and I was 15 and caught a foul ball.. This kid's mom a few seats over asked me if her kid could have the ball.. Ummmmm, NO!! Not only did I catch it, but I use these for pitching practice because they are high quality.. Not to mention that the whole fun of the thing is to catch the ball, not just to hold it.. So the other kid had no attachment to the thing, whereas I had caught it so I was proud of the achievement

I have gone to minor league baseball games over the years and thank god I have never caught a foul ball. I have seen foul balls go into the stands and when an adult (especially adult male) over the age of 18 catches it, there is always some guy or woman with a kid near them that demands the ball for their kid. If the guy who caught it says no, he looks like a jackass to a bunch of people and I have seen fights break out over it. I just cannot beleive the nerve of some people literally demanding the ball that someone else caught all because they don't want to have their little crotchfruit's feelings hurt.

This isnt the first time that I have seen you say this....and somehow I am still flabbergasted.

The board hall monitors came down on him pretty hard when he first joined, so I guess this is payback? :noclue:

Edited by DevsMan84

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Saw this on ESPN last night was really cool thing to do :P

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

That's why i wrote "Not NHL related" but I think it has its place here. It seems to make a lot of people happy !

It does yes, I saw it on ESPN last night and was surprised the kid would do that. Good to see still some nice people in the world.

<edit> I watched it again and it looks like some dude with white hair and a red shirt sort of told the kid to give it to the younger one, not sure how much of it was due to a "good heart" and how much was due to "oh sh!t, i'm gonna get in trouble".

Yea the usher or whoever that is defintely tells the kid to give it to the other one. I think a lot of people aren't seeing that. He was probably pissed afterwards and wondered why the other kid deserved it more than him, I know I would be.

I agree 100%. The ball isn't special just because it came from the field, it's special because it is proof that you caught it. When people ask him the story behind the ball, he's gonna be telling them that he was close to catching it, but some other kid got it and then one of the stadium employees made the kid hand it over. Wow, that's impressive.

I have gone to minor league baseball games over the years and thank god I have never caught a foul ball. I have seen foul balls go into the stands and when an adult (especially adult male) over the age of 18 catches it, there is always some guy or woman with a kid near them that demands the ball for their kid. If the guy who caught it says no, he looks like a jackass to a bunch of people and I have seen fights break out over it. I just cannot beleive the nerve of some people literally demanding the ball that someone else caught all because they don't want to have their little crotchfruit's feelings hurt.

Indeed.

In the original post, the guy who rips the ball out of the woman's hand is a jackass however. In that scenario I don't think he has the right to the ball. Some people turn into animals with this kind of stuff, like all the lunatics at the equipment sale a month ago.

Edited by devilsfan26