GDT: Philadelphia Flyers at New Jersey Devils

Quinn01

Overall I was happy with the play last night. The team worked hard, worked well together besides a few miss reads and bumps into eachother. Marty had an awesome game.

Fayne worked really hard also which I noticed and watched the whole game.

That was a very mediocre effort by a poor team or a miserable effort by a good one in my opinion. Tallinder looked embarrassingly bad, and often. I'm hoping he's got an unannounced severe headcold or something ;) I thought Larrson, Green, and Fayne were the best defenseman playing last night. I honestly think the Devils would have been humiliated if the guys who sat out for the Flyers had been playing. Glad it was pre-season, that would have had me pulling my hair out if it counted.

Edited by jim777

It just continues to prove how the Devils need a guy standing in front of the net to mess with the goalie's vision and bang home rebounds.. Why they choose to keep guys on the perimeter, I will never understand

Agree 100%

It seemed like last year, whenever we had traffic in front of the net on the PP (in particular) we scored. It seemed so obvious, yet only happened 1 out of every 20 times.

I know -- and to me it always reads like fear. The Devils the past few seasons play like the refs are a 7th opponent and an interference call will be made at the drop of a hat so they won't even try.

It may be the organization has put that fear in them... but they take enough stupid penalties that I don't understand... it just boggles my mind.