GAME THREAD FOR GAME 2, 7:30 PM FSNY

expect_the_unexpected

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know something I'm pissed! Yep a rant! If fvcking Stevens doesn't show his sorry face at least in the locker room for game 3 I have lost all respect for him. This is his team for 7 mil a year and the least he can do is show his support. He's been out since January for goodness sake, enough already. If you can skate you can walk and talk. SO DO IT! They need something and he's the man to give it to them.

I don't know what's wrong with the team, they are playing like they don't really care. It's like they're tired, worn out and defeated. Not every goal was Marty's fault, but by God why can't he keep them to one even two and give the team a shot at OT.

These efforts just sucked. :angry:

Ah my first real post-to bad it's under suckey circumstances.

First off, why would Burns replace Koz with Larionov? The man's like an ancient relic with his bedraggled body. I'm surprised he's not placed in a glass box behind the bench. The man's a legend, but I think his time was up a year ago. He should just retire and continue in the wine business.

Marty's not on top of his game-what was with that cheap goal that Roenick got in? Not good for supposedly the best active goalie in the NHL. We're making Esche look good :o and we're making the Flyers fans have a reason to cheer. What a bunch of goons. I don't have much of a problem with the Flyers team, but God knows I hate their fans.

Why is Brown out of the line-up? He's got some size and isn't afraid to give it to the Flyers every once in a while. That's what we need, especially if Koz is out. But I'm not too impressed with Koz either. He's just verifying the reason the Panthers had no trouble in letting him go. He's got great talent, and he's f-ing agile for a big man. It's like he doesn't even realize he's back in the playoffs.

The Devils are disappointing me, and they're better than what they're showing right now. The Flyers beat us 2 in a row, I have reason to cut and paste their faces. Here, take a look, be happy for a split second.

phlys.jpg

You know something I'm pissed! Yep a rant! If fvcking Stevens doesn't show his sorry face at least in the locker room for game 3 I have lost all respect for him. This is his team for 7 mil a year and the least he can do is show his support. He's been out since January for goodness sake, enough already. If you can skate you can walk and talk. SO DO IT! They need something and he's the man to give it to them.

I don't know what's wrong with the team, they are playing like they don't really care. It's like they're tired, worn out and defeated. Not every goal was Marty's fault, but by God why can't he keep them to one even two and give the team a shot at OT.

These efforts just sucked. :angry:

I agree. just have him walk in the locker room and say something...

people on this team look up to him and if they see he doesn't care about winning why shoudl they

The main thing that I see that's wrong is Philly is beating us to EVERY loose puck. We hustle a little more and pick up the loose pucks we win the series, we pansy foot towards the lose puck, then the outlook looks very dim, but we still have a chance.

Edited by JesterDevil

I said this a few months ago when we lost Stevens.

I said this at the trading deadline when Lou couldn't get us that physical D-man.

I said this a few days before the playoffs started.

And to my utter amazement - it's actually true.

To paraphrase the great, yet completely drunk, Joe Namath: "I don't care about the Devils stwuggling."

From Stevens being injured, from Langenbrunner getting injured and not being able to get back on track, Igor being useless, Marshall being injured.... we've had some bad luck this year. This year didn't seem to be in the cards for a long time now.

But look at all the GOOD luck we've had this year:

First and foremost, from the who woulda thunk-it file:

THE TEAM HAS A NEW OWNER THAT WANTS TO KEEP THE TEAM IN JERSEY

and THE TEAM IS GETTING A NEW ARENA, WHERE, HOPEFULLY, WE CAN DRAW MORE FANS!

Secondly, Martin has shown he has the skills to be a great player in the league someday. And Hale, while being slower to develop, has shown that he isn't exactly out of place in the NHL.

Thirdly, ZACH PARISE!!!! Won MVP of the World Junior tournament and has developed into quite the player.

Fourth, and most importantly, we only signed Igor to a one year contract! WOO!!

If we come back and win this series (we've done it before - see Boston, 94 - Lemaire threw Terreri in and we were right back in that series) that's great. Love to see it. If we don't come back, *shrug* don't bother me none. We still have 3 cups in the last decade, tied with the Wings and we have a bright future ahead of us. Other than the lockout of course. (-:

Edited by Don Whiting

I'm with you Don, but I think that might be the reactions of people further away from New Jersey.. myself, I can't be bothered. If they lose, they lose. If they win, great.

I agree. I hope they win, but there are alot of talented teams out there. If we don't stop making mistakes we've got no chance... but the sun will still rise tomorrow.

Lemaire threw Terreri in and we were right back in that series

Right, like Burns is gonna throw in Clemmenson. On the other hand WTF? Put Parise in, maybe he could be the spark to light a comeback. They're down 2 games. Try anything, something. JUST DON'T BE SWEPT!

Lemaire threw Terreri in and we were right back in that series

Right, like Burns is gonna throw in Clemmenson. On the other hand WTF? Put Parise in, maybe he could be the spark to light a comeback. They're down 2 games. Try anything, something. JUST DON'T BE SWEPT!

I wasn't suggesting throwing Clemmy in... I'd be more apt to suggest throwing Chris in again. :P

Zach would have to give us more punch than Igor...he would have to! Igor has been by far the biggest waste of money this team has spent (IMO, but right now I'm really pissed). It's not like Parise hasn't been playing playoff pressure hockey this whole year. He can't be any worse.

Zach would have to give us more punch than Igor...he would have to! Igor has been by far the biggest waste of money this team has spent (IMO, but right now I'm really pissed). It's not like Parise hasn't been playing playoff pressure hockey this whole year. He can't be any worse.

Well considering he cost us the game @ 1,500,000.

I say bring Parise on!

In all honesty, I think putting Clemmenson in net would actually give the Devils more of a chance to win. Not even only putting him in if Marty lets in a couple of soft goals-I mean for a whole game. If game one of this series wasn't enough for the Devils to get their sh*t together, then putting a rookie goaltender in net would have to be. Look how well the other rookie goaltenders have done so far in their first playoff starts. And also how well the Devils played in the few games that Clemmenson started. 2 shut-outs in his first 4 starts. That's hardly ever done. I think it would be good to give Clemmenson his first playoff start, to give Marty a rest, and to give the team a jump.

Marty wasn't the edge in the first game and now the same in the second game. Esche has been the better goalie between the two. Not all the blame belongs to Marty.

Offense is still a problem whether it be 5 on 5 or 5 on 4 PP. Nothing new.

Devils aren't as strong as the Flyers size wise.

I really don't care if Stevens is out at this point, and I don't think he helps if he come back. The Devils problems belong to Lou and Lou's failure to get an offensive player and a defensive player thinking this team that doesn't have enough offense talent and a coach that cares less about the PP.

It's was an easy road for the Devils to win but now it's all up hill. The Flyers aren't Boston in '94 when the Devils came back after being down 0-2.

I don't like my prediction of the Devils in 7 anymore.

Lou you let the fans and team down.

In all honesty, I think putting Clemmenson in net would actually give the Devils more of a chance to win. Not even only putting him in if Marty lets in a couple of soft goals-I mean for a whole game. If game one of this series wasn't enough for the Devils to get their sh*t together, then putting a rookie goaltender in net would have to be. Look how well the other rookie goaltenders have done so far in their first playoff starts. And also how well the Devils played in the few games that Clemmenson started. 2 shut-outs in his first 4 starts. That's hardly ever done. I think it would be good to give Clemmenson his first playoff start, to give Marty a rest, and to give the team a jump.

The benefit to that is that the defense would stick around more, and I think that's the reason for his previous shutouts, aside from them being against non-playoff teams...

I really see no problem except lack of experience...