You What Song Is The Best To Listen To Right Now

NJayDevil

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Song I cannot get out of my head today...

Stacy's Mom... no idea if thats the name.... or who songs it... but heard it last night and its been in my head since!!!

Not sure what this has to do w/ anything else , but I thought I'd tell everyone anyway:LOL:

Stacy's Mom... no idea if thats the name.... or who songs it... but heard it last night and its been in my head since!!!

Not sure what this has to do w/ anything else , but I thought I'd tell everyone anyway:LOL:

THat's by a little band from none other than New Jersey called Fountains of Wayne.

And yup, you guess it -- they're named after the actual store CALLED Fountains of Wayne (I pass it every time I'm coming home from a Devils game :) )

Jersey pride, red!

modest mouse - float on

Do you have this album? I nearly picked it up the other day.

<JESTER>

yeah i have it i love it. It's radically different than their other stuff so watch out, The Moon and Antartica is my favorite album of all time, but i'm really happy they went in such a radically new direction cause it is freqently mindblowing.

modest mouse - float on

<JESTER>

yeah i have it i love it. It's radically different than their other stuff so watch out, The Moon and Antartica is my favorite album of all time, but i'm really happy they went in such a radically new direction cause it is freqently mindblowing.

I've actually heard that a lot of people don't like the new stuff. Personally, I'm really into it (Good News...), it's a very well put together album IMO.

THat's by a little band from none other than New Jersey called Fountains of Wayne.

And yup, you guess it -- they're named after the actual store CALLED Fountains of Wayne (I pass it every time I'm coming home from a Devils game :) )

Jersey pride, red!

Well then my next question is, does anyone know Stacy's Mom and is she a really hot???

these are the lyrics from addicted that i changed to fit the situation

I heard you're doing okay

But I want you to know

I'm a def

A defenseman with Stevens

I can't pretend I don't care

When is he coming back

Do you think I deserve this?

I tried to make you happy but you left after the summer

I'm never gonna forget that

I'm defenseman with Scotty

But I want you and I need you

That big piece of silver

Now it's over

i only scored 5 goals

in the regular season

backbreaker

Since the day I won you

And after all we've been through

I still hate the Flyers

I think Brashear is a pansy

I think you know that it's true

He's horrible

Do you think I deserve to lose?

I'm trying to win you this year

I'm doing all that I can

But Martys letting in to many bad goals

I might need to dust off the golf clubs

How long will I be waiting?

Until the end of the playoffs

I don't know why I'm still waiting

I'm gonna hit puckface today

Backbreaker

I'm gonna win you

Jersey pride, red!

Well then my next question is, does anyone know Stacy's Mom and is she a really hot???

I think the story is something like one of the bandmembers actually DID have a crush on his girlfriend's GRANDMOTHER when he was a kid, but was too embarrassed to make a song about her so he changed it to her mother instead.

If I was an Islanders fan, it would be really easily to play this song by the rapper, 'Legend', he has this freestyle to the Rocky theme song, and it's perfectly made.

The best lyrics in the song are, "Long Island stand the fvck up, bout to take over this motherfvcker, recognize that."

Wow, everyone should check out this song regardless if we're not Isles fans.

Holy crap, damn this song is awesome... (i'm listening to it right now... If only I was an Isles fan I'd be pumped for their game!)

Although I'm getting pumped for our game anyway...

Some more good tracks for pumping you up:

Tupac - When We Ride On Our Enemies

Nas - Got Yourself A Gun

Jadakiss - We Gon' Make It

Edited by djstubbs

Jersey pride, red!

I think the story is something like one of the bandmembers actually DID have a crush on his girlfriend's GRANDMOTHER when he was a kid, but was too embarrassed to make a song about her so he changed it to her mother instead.

RD you just ruined the song for me!!!!

red, that's a perfect example why I don't usually bother to learn the lyrics to a song...sometimes I'll like something that sounds good then when I realize some of the lyrics, I won't like the song as much :lol:

I'll add this one to the playlist...YMCA, an oldie but a goodie. No particular reason EXCEPT it was played at the CAA late in Game 7 against the Ducks last year so it has good memories for me :evil:

One song that doesn't have good memories, I don't know what it is ('I'll go wherever you will go' is either the title or just one of the main lyrics or both), but it was something that was ESPN background music during their commercials for the 2001 Stanley Cup Finals, and now I hear that damn song on the radio all the time and it reminds me of Bourque winning in 2001 :P

One song that doesn't have good memories, I don't know what it is ('I'll go wherever you will go' is either the title or just one of the main lyrics or both), but it was something that was ESPN background music during their commercials for the 2001 Stanley Cup Finals, and now I hear that damn song on the radio all the time and it reminds me of Bourque winning in 2001 :P

Yep, "Wherever You Will Go" by The Calling. I find that song really annoying. Ahhh, now it's probably gonna get stuck in my head!

Sports Fan Commandment #12:

Thou shalt not play "We Are The Champions" outside of the proper context (that is, celebrating a just-won championship).

That is all.

That makes no sense. Fact of the matter is that we ARE the champions until unseated and the song goes on to say "we'll keep on fighting til the end" which is rather appropriate for this series I should think.

modest mouse - float on

<JESTER>

It sort of sounded like a funkier version of Cake to me, which is nice.

Your "watch out for older album" advice made me chuckle. I'm a huge Flaming Lips fan, and I give the same warning to people who love The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi but haven't heard In a Priest Driven Ambulance and the older, harder, insaner stuff.

<JESTER>

Kick a Little by Little Texas

(chorus)

You've got to kick at little and cause a stir

Sometimes you got to make some noise to be heard

If anybody ever tries to hold you back

Yeah you got to kick a little and be tough

You got to let 'em know you've had enough

Remember that unless you want to finish last

You've got to kick a little ...

followed by:

We're Ready by Boston

Edited by StarDew

modest mouse - float on

<JESTER>

It sort of sounded like a funkier version of Cake to me, which is nice.

Your "watch out for older album" advice made me chuckle. I'm a huge Flaming Lips fan, and I give the same warning to people who love The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi but haven't heard In a Priest Driven Ambulance and the older, harder, insaner stuff.

<JESTER>

yeah i know what you mean on the Flaming Lips. And now that you mention it "Good news" is a lot like yoshimi battles the pink robots, thematically and musically.