GDT: Caps @ Devils 11/11/11

estreetcrew3

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish there were a way to get tallinder off the power play, not that it would be particularly better without him. taormina's still doing his taormina thing down in albany.

larsson didn't seem like he was the same after taking a puck in the head early in the 3rd.

hopefully they can take two tomorrow. i'd also like to see more of zharkov.

Scoring. We need it.

This team should not be suffering to finish. Any team with a Kovalchuk, Parise and Elias should be scoring. Their PP is just plain embarassing. I'll say it again, one of the problems comes from the defense. They do not have enough support. I still believe that's the problem.

I watched the fvcking Rangers win game after game where i see a defenseman score a goal or record assists even strength or PP. 3 out of 5 goals tonight defensemen were involved.

It's fvcking frustrating as hell to watch.

Edited by SJP20

This team should not be suffering to finish. Any team with a Kovalchuk, Parise and Elias should be scoring. Their PP is just plain embarassing. I'll say it again, one of the problems comes from the defense. They do not have enough support. I still believe that's the problem.

I have no idea what the problem is. On paper our PP should be pretty badass indeed. Chemistry issues, bad PP coahing (the creativity and movement seems lackluster), poor "quarterbacks"? I really don't know.. I just hope someone figures it out soon.. :P

EDIT:

We suck at 5on5 scoring as well btw.. Just seem to be immune to actually getting the puck in the net.. Last game we hit the post 3 times?

Edited by njdevsftw

Their PP is just plain embarassing. I'll say it again, one of the problems comes from the defense. They do not have enough support. I still believe that's the problem.

Ive been watching the the devs since they came to NJ...the PP has always been an issue as far back as I can remember. I can still hear my grandfather yelling..."you have to convert those into goals!"

We gotta suck it up and get ready for tomorrow....we have some good young guys that need to gel a bit.

I have no idea what the problem is. On paper our PP should be pretty badass indeed. Chemistry issues, bad PP coahing (the creativity and movement seems lackluster), poor "quarterbacks"? I really don't know.. I just hope someone figures it out soon.. :P

Some people are going to blame the coaches, unfairly. Look who they had/have for a few years now: Maclean, Oates, Stevens, Robinson, Lemaire. These players were far from PP slouches in their times, so it isn't going to be from bad coaching and instruction.

Funny, most of those coaches were outstanding on the PK too and the Devils PK is outstanding. Coincedence? No.

So, it's a big fvcking pile of frustrating hockey.

Edited by SJP20

This game left me actually feeling somewhat positive, even though the loss sucks. If the Caps are truly one of the top teams in the east, well, frankly I'm extremely unimpressed. The Devils literally held them to ZERO sustained pressure.

Talk about a game of shooting yourself in the foot...which the Devils have always been fantastic at. But seriously, when three players have doorstep chances (Teddy, Clarkson, and Elias) and not one of them gets a decent shot off, you know it's going to be a loss...and the shorty just topped things off.

Still, outplaying a team of the Caps supposed caliber without your top two centers and top winger...can't be too down.

Oh, and thanks go out to Tallinder for filling in Colin White's former role of completely killing every offensive zone chance/pressure when the puck lands on his stick...someone had to do it, and he fills in marvelously.

EDIT:

We suck at 5on5 scoring as well btw.. Just seem to be immune to actually getting the puck in the net.. Last game we hit the post 3 times?

at 5 on 5 NJ has been fine.

Some people are going to blame the coaches, unfairly. Look who they had/have for a few years now: Maclean, Oates, Stevens, Robinson, Lemaire. These players were far from PP slouches in their times, so it isn't going to be from bad coaching and instruction.

Funny, most of those coaches were outstanding on the PK too and the Devils PK is outstanding. Coincedence? No.

So, it's a big fvcking pile of frustrating hockey.

I don't think what they accomplished as players means anything as coaches really. The Devils power play just seems too simple, too obvious, no movement making it easy to kill.

I'd like to see a lot more of Zharkov too. He looked very good in the limited time he played. I really think he should be nowhere but here.

I don't think what they accomplished as players means anything as coaches really. The Devils power play just seems too simple, too obvious, no movement making it easy to kill.

I'd like to see a lot more of Zharkov too. He looked very good in the limited time he played. I really think he should be nowhere but here.

It's because the Devils powerplay is too cute not to simple. They just need to throw the puck to the net.

Tonight they had serious trouble coming into the zone with the puck and keeping the zone. Against Carolina, they did everything right except score. I do wish Larsson could be taken off the point too - he's got talent, but I don't think he's ready to be quarterbacking a first unit.