NHL Awards Thread

Weekes Head

I agree with you on that, Schnieder got jobbed.  Nobody with a minus should EVER be nominated for a Norris (let alone win, as Blake did a few years back).  Now maybe if a guy's a -1 on a Pittsburgh Penguin team where everyone else is a -35 that might be worth looking at, but that's almost not humanly possible :lol:

Unfortunately, there's always going to be deserving players that get overlooked in this process. Schneider had a great year as did Aucoin and McCabe. I wasn't the biggest fan of seeing them put up Pronger. But you have to factor in all the injuries to their blueline as for why he was put up for it. No MacInnis. No Jackman. I believe a couple of other guys were out too. That's probably why he got nominated. Even with the Vezina, we knew that Luongo and Kiprusoff had almost no chance to win it. Wouldn't it have been better to put up Turco and Belfour? At least it might have been interesting.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Naslund 35 G, 49 A, 84 P, +24

Elias 38 G, 43 A, 81 P, +26

Kovalchuk 41 G, 46 A, 87 P, -10

OK, am I seeing things or did you have Kovalchuk down for a +10 and edit it to -10?

Yeah, I was too generous to Kovalchuk :lol:

EDIT: Damn you, now you got me doing it :P

Aha! See, this is why Admins need to have that "Edited by" line required! :P

tell me about it Don made me look like a crazy woman in the politic board with that no edit line stunt! Langue31.gif

Richards strikes me as a guy who likes not being the center of attention. He's almost lost on Tampa Bay, with players like St. Louis, Lecavalier, Big Dave, etc, and so he escapes the limelight. Now it's like the secret's out, and he's going to be scrutinized more.

Kinda like what happened with Nieds after last year's playoffs, in a way.

Naslund 35 G, 49 A, 84 P, +24

Elias 38 G, 43 A, 81 P, +26

Kovalchuk 41 G, 46 A, 87 P, -10

OK, am I seeing things or did you have Kovalchuk down for a +10 and edit it to -10?

Yeah, I was too generous to Kovalchuk :lol:

EDIT: Damn you, now you got me doing it :P

Aha! See, this is why Admins need to have that "Edited by" line required! :P

tell me about it Don made me look like a crazy woman in the politic board with that no edit line stunt! Langue31.gif

How could Don have a no edit line in the politics thread? He's only a mod of the Trivia forum.

sammy I do manually put edit if it's important like if something could be misinterpreted. Screwing up Kovalchuk's plus minus to me wasn't important to put edit for :P

And personally I think you have a problem with authority :D (anyone who doesn't know where that line is from doesn't watch New Jersey's most popular show)

How could Don have a no edit line in the politics thread?  He's only a mod of the Trivia forum.

And I can't even edit there. :rolleyes: Otherwise I would have edited PK's post when she answered ALL 25 CLUES on one of my music quizes. :lol:

And personally I think you have a problem with authority :D (anyone who doesn't know where that line is from doesn't watch New Jersey's most popular show)

I don't have a problem with authority. I like to question things, sure, but only out of fairness. I mean you guys had that line as Admins before the upgrade, but not after. :P

I think you are reading into Nieds' speech WAY too much. Can't someone be thankful? :unsure:

Allow me to introduce myself,

Hi! I'm Ms. Thankful!!!!!

Yay, Nieds. So very happy and proud of ya.

I'm proud of the speech too.

I think he spoke from the heart... and that's it.

If it winds up being a farewell speech somewhere down the line, well it does.

Until such time, I think it's a guy who has spent a lot of time in the league, and not had a forum such as this to speak. The audience seemed to really appreciate and listen to what he says.

Our fearless leader by default has really earned his wings and learned to fly. (Yes, I hope he doesn't fly away, but I agree with Derek and IAC that this is not something to get freaked about. It's a nice speech. Enjoy it. It was as special as the man and his talent.)

I feel bad that so many of you can't enjoy a highlight of our season.

He had one helluva season under circumstances he certainly didn't imagine when he laced up his skates and helped hoist the banner with his captain.

He deserves this. He can say whatever he wants without recrimination from me. And I still don't think it means what you think it does. This was an NHL awards dinner, not a press conference. He's become a leader, he's become someone who wants to voice things he's thinking. More power to him. Come what may... I still don't see anything bad or sad in what he said. It's pure joy.

now this is unofficial and only what I heard on another message board so take it for what it is worth (probably nothing)

http://www.devilsrule.com/forums/viewtopic...er=asc&start=40

starts on page 5 but MartinPierreBrodeurLover said that he heard the lady that was with brodeur is his sister in law.

But like I said it is a internet message board so take it for what it is worth

congrats ott he winners!

I think you're challenging red for the 'worst typist on NJDevs.com' crown :D

yeah... if u knew my night.. ud get it :) No Alcohol involved.. just crappy and i was sittin in the dark typing and not giving a crap about anything :)

now this is unofficial and only what I heard on another message board so take it for what it is worth (probably nothing)

http://www.devilsrule.com/forums/viewtopic...er=asc&start=40

starts on page 5 but MartinPierreBrodeurLover said that he heard the lady that was with brodeur is his sister in law.

But like I said it is a internet message board so take it for what it is worth

well, my friend works at a restaurant that marty is always at and he tells me marty is in tehre with his gf all the time... and that was the same girl... not to say it couldnt be his sister in law.. but im pretty sure that he has more class than that... Definitely was his girlfriend.. but i doubt shes his sister in law!

but what do i know!