aaaw guuuuys!

Nieda

so yes..

i am seriously becoming a part of society!!! I have a jooooooob!! yes i do!! ima timmie ho..no i do not work corners lol. i work at tim hortons! i serve fat people coffee and doughnuts and bagels

tonight was my second night and i got an $11 tip! GO ME GO!!

aw guys im growing up!! No crying tho ok!!

lol can u tell im bored? im too hyperish to go to sleep and i've been thinking a lot about how things change.

everything changed either for the good or the bad. things can change one day abd change again the next but you just have to put one foot infront of the other instead of in you rmooouth or up someones bum...i've learned that now. i even have responsibility! I'm maintaining a job, a boyfriend, my friends, my family, i do my chores, and soon i'll be starting my last year of highschool. i feel a lot more mature but i can still be a dumbass teenager and i dont wanna lose that...can i still be mature when i need to be but a fun loving goof ball when i want to be?

well..i think this posts proves i can

i've grown up a lot...i think maybe you can even see it i my posts...or the lack ther of! lol hehehee

well this is just a post because i think too much latley.

i think about everything! i think about my future and my future with john. i think about things i should of said but didnt...

i dunno...this post is soooo pointless so delete it if its in the way of a psot about dieing kitties..

omg i just soooo made spaghetti...

being random is so amusing!!

so in conclusion..i wanna think eeeeeeevryone on this board i've grown to really lurve a lot of you. and im sure you have grown to become annoyed by me! so its allll good! anywhore...i just want to think everyone for letting me be who i am on here..i can totally be wearing a mask and you wouldnt even know it..here i can just be myself and not care who doesn't like it...

i love you all!!!!! I REALLY DOOO!!!

ok you can go now :P

I worked for 3 weeks at MacDonald's once. It was hell. Utter hell. Full of fat people trying to decide what they wanted.

What I don't understand is: why do people wait until they get up to the counter before deciding what they want to eat. Cna't they decide in the queue? They stand in line for a quarter of an hour and then go 'ummm let's see I want a big mac...no...wait..a cheeseburger'.

Rah!

'I worked in Hell, they called it MaccyDee's' (sorry Sassoon!)

My wife and I agree on many things, and this is one of them: People who do their time in the service industry are better off for it. I've worked at a Burger King (in Matawan) and a Blockbuster Video (in Maryland). Both jobs taught me more than any college class could about economic realities, job equity, and of course, customer service (like keeping a straight face when some asks you, "Ya'll got dat movie...uh... "Sumptin' About Jenny?" when they're talking about "There's Something About Mary")

<JESTER>

I didn't really learn anything working in McDonalds -- but I did rather enjoy getting into the zone where you just mindlessly speed through orders. Maximum efficiency just gets my motor going - it so rocks. What I found amazing was how so many people were so rude to the customers! We were given permission to do anything to satisfy a customer -- replace food for free etc. no matter how much was eaten. There was so much waste anyhow -- but SO MANY people would fight just for the joy of it -- like they worked in the DMV or something!

I worked at Kmart for 5 years, earning my way through university. The only thing I learned there was the utter stupidity of humanity.

Dec. 24th, 3:02pm - 2 minutes AFTER closing:

30 year old man: I need to buy my wife a gift. Do you have any slippers?

Me: This aisle here is what's left. It's pretty bare due to Christmas.

Man: OH! These ones are perfect! (he picked out these gawdy, awful neon purple fuzzies) I'll take a blue pair.

Me: We don't have any blue ones left.

Man: Okay, maybe pink will be okay.

Me: Actually, sir, all our slippers are out on display. In that kind, all we have is purple.

Man: Well, my wife... she hates purple.

Me: I'm afraid that is all we have. Every pair of slippers we have is out on the shelves here.

Man: Okay. Okay. I'll take them. Can I get a size 7 from out back? All that are here are eights.

Then the manager comes over and tells me THAT I'M TAKING TOO LONG WITH THE CUSTOMER AND AM HOLDING THE STORE UP FROM CLOSING. Maybe if the customer wasn't a complete idiot.... :rolleyes:

I worked at Kmart for 5 years, earning my way through university. The only thing I learned there was the utter stupidity of humanity.

Dec. 24th, 3:02pm - 2 minutes AFTER closing:

30 year old man: I need to buy my wife a gift. Do you have any slippers?

Me: This aisle here is what's left. It's pretty bare due to Christmas.

Man: OH! These ones are perfect! (he picked out these gawdy, awful neon purple fuzzies) I'll take a blue pair.

Me: We don't have any blue ones left.

Man: Okay, maybe pink will be okay.

Me: Actually, sir, all our slippers are out on display. In that kind, all we have is purple.

Man: Well, my wife... she hates purple.

Me: I'm afraid that is all we have. Every pair of slippers we have is out on the shelves here.

Man: Okay. Okay. I'll take them. Can I get a size 7 from out back? All that are here are eights.

Then the manager comes over and tells me THAT I'M TAKING TOO LONG WITH THE CUSTOMER AND AM HOLDING THE STORE UP FROM CLOSING. Maybe if the customer wasn't a complete idiot.... :rolleyes:

LOL!!! Good story, and I agree with you, when you work in retail or any heavy customer service job its amazing what can come up. I have worked in the IT field for years now and one of the funniest things I ever had was a call on the helpdesk from a lady who wanted to make a change to her doctors appointment, and I explained to her "Im sorry but this is an internal computer help desk, Im afraid you have the wrong number"...well it turns out this lady REFUSED to believe me, she starting going crazy on me, cursing about the doctor and the service she gets, and she said to me 'i insist you change my appointment'...this went on for almost 20 MINUTES...so after I tried several times to change the appointment to no avail, I put her on hold, had some coffee, walked around the office, went back on the phone and said "Thanks for holding, your appointment has been changed, thanks for calling and have a great day!" :lol:

I've worked at a Burger King (in Matawan) and a Blockbuster Video (in Maryland). Both jobs taught me more than any college class could about economic realities, job equity, and of course, customer service (like keeping a straight face when some asks you, "Ya'll got dat movie...uh... "Sumptin' About Jenny?" when they're talking about "There's Something About Mary")

Ha! I worked at a little video store in New Providence and they had an adult section. Just try to keep a straight face when you ring those movies up. :rofl: But, yeah, I was the Queen of Customer Service! I'd even go help them pick out movies. ;)

Oh yeah, congrats, Nieda! And you can act as immature as you want. Here, that is. Ha! :P

Edited by poohbear

I noticed you said "serve fat people." I'm not taking offense to it whatsoever, but keep this in mind: if you're serving someone you think is fat, be very careful what you say. The other day I was at a pretzel place and ordered a pretzel and a Coke. The guy getting drinks looks at me then the girl who took my order and said, "Are you sure he didn't want diet?" Now is that the sort of thing that makes me want to go back to that store?

My point is, I could complain to that store's manager and likely get the person fired. I was almost fired for being "rude" to a customer - once. So if you want your job, be nice.

(As an addendum... it hurt mostly because I HAVE been losing weight and HAVE been getting into shape and for someone to say that made me feel like all I have done in the past few months has been worthless...)

OK maybe this should have been a PM not a post... not trying to make a big deal out of this, just sayin'...

sheeps: I cannot tell you how much I admire and respect you for getting into shape. What bothers me is when grossly obese people stroll around moaning about their weight and then promptly decide to gorge on fatty foods and, as such, it makes me angry to see these people coming into MacDonalds, and some people I saw EVERY day. I just don't understand why they would do that to themselves and can feel no sympathy when they whine.

I'm sorry if my post knocked you. It certainly wasn't meant to.

Well there are many problems with getting into shape when you are a decent amount overweight. First of all there's genetics. How much of a role does it play? Experts say between 40 and 60%. If you have one obese parent, there's a 40% chance of you being obese. If you have two obese parents, there's a 80% chance of you being obese. Second, there's the nature of the human body in general. Evolutionarily speaking, it's GOOD that we're able to be fat. This is because times of famine means the body relies on its own resources by burning its own fat for energy, a state known as ketosis. So the fatter you are, the more likely you survive. This means that the human body has been programmed to store ungodly amounts of fat in its adipose tissue; we don't need to have, at least most of us, all this fat for a famine mode, but the body doesn't know that. What I'm saying is those that are genetically lean are evolutionarily superior now, those that are genetically overweight would have been evolutionarily superior in the past.

And then there are problems with losing weight. For instance, for people that are at least thirty pounds overweight, diets have a 3% success rate - so just plain not going to McDonald's anymore won't do much. This is because just plain eating less means lowering your metabolism; your body adjusts itself to subsist on what you give it. The human body is really fascinating, eh? Anyways, you NEED to work out. That's the key. Particularly any exercise that builds muscle, as increased muscle is the biggest boost to metabolism. Sure, working out + not eating at McDonald's = best method, but at the same time, spending one-two hours a day working out (like I am) is enough to add to the mix; I haven't changed my eating habits and have lost ten pounds of fat while adding eight pounds of muscle. Net loss of two pounds, but the important thing is the body fat percentage.

Anyways, this all comes from taking a Nutrition course last semester. You really start to feel for those who have trouble losing weight. Some morbidly obese people just plain can not lose weight - many have a psychological malfunction in which they never - and I mean never - feel full. Diets and exercise, for them, never work because this innate desire is never satiated.

My point is, it's not so simple. Sure it's great to give up McDonald's but losing weight is a ton more complicated than that. Some people can give up Coke for Diet Coke and lose five pounds. Some people go on exercise plans and strict diet regimes and still can't get to a good body fat percentage. It's all so personal.

Edited by mrsheeps