2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Which new fans did you encounter or that were annoying. LA had 100% occupancy rate during the Cup season and during the 10/11 season. Maybe a few more celebrities were showing up like Kobe and Beckham, but they have had a good fan base for a while. The fans were giddy because the franchise had one lowly Cup appearance in their franchises 40 year history before that win.

Probably more limited to locally around here, but the usual bandwagoners who were all of a sudden LA Kings fans. But not to fault them, that absolutely comes with the territory (same would've happened if San Jose or Anaheim played us in the finals, I'm sure).

Their Twitter presence at the time was pretty annoying too as were the amateur-hour chants they had in their building (the two-note organ that they needed to play to cue the "Maaaaaaaarty" chant, for example). I know they were sold out for a while at the time, but I have always generally viewed San Jose and Anaheim fans as the more diehard, whether that's true or not.

Regardless, I'm not faulting them for being "giddy", there were just some aspects that were annoying at the time. Although I'm sure that would've happened if, say, Phoenix or Vancouver or Calgary, etc., were our opponent too I'm sure.

You have to think they would at least have enough pride for one big performance at home, no?  Especially after they got curbstomped the first two games but then played two even games at MSG.

Which new fans did you encounter or that were annoying. LA had 100% occupancy rate during the Cup season and during the 10/11 season. Maybe a few more celebrities were showing up like Kobe and Beckham, but they have had a good fan base for a while. The fans were giddy because the franchise had one lowly Cup appearance in their franchises 40 year history before that win.

The only thing that annoys me about LA fans is you literally have to tell them to chant a goalie's name on the scoreboard to get them to do it.  Sometimes they don't even do it right, since they started chanting Hiller's name long after Gibson replaced him.  

I think it's pretty bush league that the actual in game-presentation starts the "____ sucks" chants and the goalie heckling.  It's fine if the fans do it on their own, but for an actual pro sports organization to that is unprofessional.  Other than that, and as was mentioned--their annoying Twitter page, I have no problem with the Kings.

Habs won't force game 7 imo, they look terrible. It's not a testament to the Rangers being a "powerhouse", really. The Rangers are riding the gravy train that Montreal's giving them. If Tampa Bay had another shot at it, I honestly think they'd even beat Montreal right now. I've never seen such an easy Eastern Conference Final, the East was just grade A garbage this year.

Regardless, through the trials and tribulations of this postseason, I've learned to respect Los Angeles. Yes, we all resent them for knocking us out in 2012, but honestly, could we have lost to a better opponent? Regardless, outside of the whole "LA aura" and the annoying nature of their giddy newcomer fans that postseason, there's not much to not like about their team, their players, the system, etc. They're one hell of a team. If they really embarrass the Rangers like I think they're capable of, I gotta admit, they'll make me a believer. It's not even funny how balanced their team is, and the level of domination they're capable of this postseason in one of  the strongest years in the West that I can remember, it's pretty impressive. I hope they take care of business tomorrow so they can shut New York up sooner than later.

I actually really like watching LA play, they remind me of the Devils in a lot of ways. If you really think about it that 2012 series was very tightly contested (more so then the 3-0 lead would indicate, that's how bounces will go sometimes) and there wasn't much vitriol. I was bitter for a little bit and found their twitter to be annoying during that run but that quickly dissipated and I definitely enjoy them nowadays.