2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I know many folks around here still hate LA for 2012 and frankly they didn't even bother me that year.  They beat the Devils in a hard fought series and that's it. 

I see so many similarities between this LA team and the great Devils teams.  Stud goaltending, great defense with transition, opportunistic goal scoring, players who know their role and play it within a team game, fearless underdog attitude.  I've got nothing but admiration for the stones this Kings team has.

I know many folks around here still hate LA for 2012 and frankly they didn't even bother me that year.  They beat the Devils in a hard fought series and that's it. 

I see so many similarities between this LA team and the great Devils teams.  Stud goaltending, great defense with transition, opportunistic goal scoring, players who know their role and play it within a team game, fearless underdog attitude.  I've got nothing but admiration for the stones this Kings team has.

+1 This

• Like 1

definitely a cut above rags/habs

I know we're biased, but all the Rags series this playoffs have been the worst series going on at that particular time, really subpar hockey and intensity levels, and it got worse and worse as they got past the Flyers, then onto the Penguins who couldn't fight their way out of a bubble, and now these Canadiens.

I look at the Chicago and LA series as everything that's great about the sport and then we see Habs-Rangers as exhibit A of the things I hate. People, fans, coaches, and players on both sides, whining about bad calls, good calls, dirty hits, dirty clean hits. Just a huge whine fest, I've never seen such a weak Eastern Conference Final, it's such a shame. After every game, there's just a slew of fans on either team like "waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa" on Facebook and Twitter and NHL.com.

SD was right, Habs fans really are the most annoying fans in the world, and Rangers are right up there with them. For example, the Rangers, the team that got 4 embellishment penalties through the first 2 rounds can't stop harping on Plekanec's head-wince/fake from last game. All of a sudden now, the storyline is that "the Canadiens are pathetic divers" and that "the NHL is so anti-NY", and that's totally gonna be their story if they end up losing this series. The Cup was "theirs" but the refs wanted Montreal to win. Or if they win the series tonight, they "conquered the powers that be who didn't want NY to advance", or some garbage like that.

And then you have the Habs, the team where the coach makes endless excuses for his players, PK Subban calls the team that just beat him "lucky", and the endless he-said she-said of good or bad penalty calls. I can't wait for this series to be over. Like the Rangers fans said about the Devils all throughout the 90s/00s, more sh!t like what the Rangers 3 rounds have been like, that would ruin hockey. I don't know too many fans of teams around the league who are that excited about this ECF, it's become such a farce.

Edited by DJ Eco

Some Rags fan just called in to Francesa and asked 'can Mark Messier come in to the locker room for a pep talk tonight, seeing as its the 20-year anniversay and all'? Lmfao!!!!! They're like caricatures of themselves at this point.

Some Rags fan just called in to Francesa and asked 'can Mark Messier come in to the locker room for a pep talk tonight, seeing as its the 20-year anniversay and all'? Lmfao!!!!! They're like caricatures of themselves at this point.

See that is hilarious. But, we have read on this board (and probably heard many times outside of here) about needing or hoping that Scott Stevens gives the Devils a pep talk in a big game.

definitely a cut above rags/habs

I want to say this is sarcastic. That game seemed like a cut above pretty much any NHL game/series I can remember.
Edited by devilsrule33

A 20 minute Messier cry-fest followed by him shaking a Gatorade bottle like he did when they handed him the cup should guarantee victory.

A 20 minute Messier cry-fest followed by him shaking a Gatorade bottle like he did when they handed him the cup should guarantee victory.

Lmfao, and then some tool called up and goes 'Hey Mike, me and my buddies have been watching YouTube videos of the Matteau goal and I'm really hoping we get something like that tonight!!! Another NY legend would be born!!!' I'm not kidding, nor am I exaggerating. These people are pathetic.

Lmfao, and then some tool called up and goes 'Hey Mike, me and my buddies have been watching YouTube videos of the Matteau goal and I'm really hoping we get something like that tonight!!! Another NY legend would be born!!!' I'm not kidding, nor am I exaggerating. These people are pathetic.

Mike: "uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh let's be honest here it would be the biggest sports moment in New Yawk history!  Without a doubt!  Am I wrong?  I don't think so, I think it will be. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Why are you torturing yourself listening to Francesa? Throw in Rangers fans calling in and fapping to thought of another Matteau, you are really nuts.

Edited by devilsrule33