Sharifijanov2099

34 members have voted

1. 1. The logjam will resolve in the following way:

• Carter's days in NJ are numbered
    • Bernier is farmsville
    • Ryder traded for a pick/some marginal return
    • Brunner traded for a pick/some marginal return
    • Josefson is traded if it's clear he's not better than CBGB in camp
    • Scott Gomez dominates camp with a knuckle puck, steals Carter's spot, and NJ *still* has to move a body

I voted for a Ryder trade. I'd be happy to move either him or Brunner out but I think Ryder would be more appealing to other teams.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Josefson traded, though I think it's just as likely they try to get him thru waivers. I don't think they'd mind at this point if he was claimed or not.

I think Ryder will be better, like Brunner, both in contract years. Doubt either going anywhere. I think this will be JJ breakout year. (extreme wishful thinking) but Gomer could make the team. 

Seems unfair that a players career could be judged over 3 weeks or so. But, that's how it's done! All about how well you play "within the system"

if i had to pick between Ryder and brunner im keeping brunner, eventhough Ryder as more experience and all. Brunner always showed he was trying, he may not have been good at all the time but he's fast and he's creating plays. We need more speed for sure

Not sure if I agree with that part.  There were many games where I spent an entire period contemplating which of Ryder or Brunner was more lazy out there on the ice.  I honestly think Brunner was the more lazy of the 2 and that is why he was scratched for a bunch of games while Ryder wasn't.

If those 2 can get their acts together and score 20+ goals this season each we will have good to very good team this year.  I think they might just be the make or break players for us.

BTW I am the one who voted for Brunner to be traded.

Someone needs to go. Lou attributes part of the struggle in 2010-2011 was having too many forwards in training camp and them being uncertain of who was going to be the odd man out. If Lou actually regrets that, I doubt we go into camp with the same concerns. 

Or maybe break camp with the same concerns.

Not sure if I agree with that part. There were many games where I spent an entire period contemplating which of Ryder or Brunner was more lazy out there on the ice. I honestly think Brunner was the more lazy of the 2 and that is why he was scratched for a bunch of games while Ryder wasn't.

If those 2 can get their acts together and score 20+ goals this season each we will have good to very good team this year. I think they might just be the make or break players for us.

They both frustrate the hell out of me but I think Ryder simply doesn't give a sh!t. That is how he always comes across to me. Just my opinion but I'd love to see him gone before the start of the season.

Hopefully Ryder is traded and Bernier demoted.  Let Matteau, Boucher, Gomez, Josefson, Gionta, and Carter battle it out in camp.

Obviously voted on Ryder trade.

Let camp start already and get these questions answered!!

I don't see Bernier making it. Matteau and Boucher should be in Albany. Josefson .should make the team. I hope Gomez beats out Gionta.

Edited by BostonNala370

Not sure if I agree with that part.  There were many games where I spent an entire period contemplating which of Ryder or Brunner was more lazy out there on the ice.  I honestly think Brunner was the more lazy of the 2 and that is why he was scratched for a bunch of games while Ryder wasn't.

If those 2 can get their acts together and score 20+ goals this season each we will have good to very good team this year.  I think they might just be the make or break players for us.

Yeah thats not unfair. But if i had to pick, lets go crazy here and pretend that those 2 suddenly decide to skate for some reason.. Brunner is the fastest player by far