GDT: The HABS vs the New Jersey Devils

caron14

The Devils aren't playing poorly.  They're just not as skilled as Montreal.  Also you need to remember that one goal was just an unlucky break, and the other was a shot from the perimeter.  The Paccioretty goal is one you expect your goalie to stop, but Patches is one of the best goal scorers in the league for a reason.  From a defensive standpoint, you give that shot up all the time on the pk.  Both of those goals can't be faulted on anybody.

Like I said, since the coaching change this looks like a different team.  They're playing the spoiler role pretty well imo.  Actually playing hard, and making the opposition earn every goal and every win.  I like the fact we're not giving away wins anymore.

Must be watching a different game again. Not playing poorly ?

The Devils aren't playing poorly.  They're just not as skilled as Montreal.  Also you need to remember that one goal was just an unlucky break, and the other was a shot from the perimeter.  The Paccioretty goal is one you expect your goalie to stop, but Patches is one of the best goal scorers in the league for a reason.  From a defensive standpoint, you give that shot up all the time on the pk.  Both of those goals can't be faulted on anybody.

Like I said, since the coaching change this looks like a different team.  They're playing the spoiler role pretty well imo.  Actually playing hard, and making the opposition earn every goal and every win.  I like the fact we're not giving away wins anymore.

To be honest i think we are not bad tonight.. We play well in our end. Our defenseman are playing well. The things is our guys who comeback like elias, ryder and havlat play badly. I cant wait to see us sell our veteran to see whitney matteau and boucher more often.

The next month is really pretty brutal schedule wise. Sure they will pick off a game or two but they're definitely going to be adding a few more to the loss margin. No question Lou needs to bite the bullet and just sell off Ryder, Jagr, Zids.