Should Daneyko continue as color commentator next year?

'7'

Ken Daneyko - Should he be our color analyst next season?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should Daneyko continue in his role as Devils color analyst next season?

• Yes
    • No

Look at my very first post on this thread. It says exactly that.

I just don't want another thread filled with your posts that are you constantly screaming about its all about the on ice product. You have already ground plenty of other threads to a halt like that.

OH I get it. It's agree with you or don't post. WOW. What big balls you have. You can't accept that the Devils put a bad product on the ice and someone won't move off that point because that the only point that matters. Good luck with that. The only exciting thing about this team is Cory and the young defense. Last season's team was bad as well and the year before that. Winning is a great healer of fan's feelings and opinions.

I dont care... I just want us to win... Daneyko is annoying when we loose and fun when we win ;)

pretty much agreed. The thing that makes dano great is that he bleeds devils red. That's great when we win but when we lose it's tough to listen to. He deserves time to grow into the role just as Chico did.

Take cangelosi- he was rough his first year and IMO he's greatly improved over time. Sure he still falls back on his usual phrases but it takes practice and there's no practice like doing an actual game.

Give Daneyko time. He'll be just fine. Give him a chance to refine his game as an analyst. I'll bet that you'll see a big difference next year, when he has a chance to step back and reassess his work from this year.

As far as the radio job, if it ever becomes avaiable, it's mine. I'll sleep on Lou's lawn if I have to, to get him to listen to my demo  LOL

I like Dano and Cangi.

I feel like Cangi has improved each year.

Dano may be what he is but I have no problem with him. I don't see how he's a lot different than Chico in his approach to the team and knowledge of the game. I think once he's been doing it for awhile people will get used to him.

I love the guys who say they watch on mute. No you fvcking don't.

Great, you figured out that some people use hyperbole on message boards. So what? What does what you just wrote prove? That posters who say that they watch on mute really don't have an issue with Dano? It doesn't mean that they don't dislike his announcing, it simply means that they have enough grasp of the English language to use exaggeration to emphasize a point. Everyone knows that people don't really watch on mute, we just all understand that it's humorous phrasing not to be taken literally, except for you apparently.  

Great, you figured out that some people use hyperbole on message boards. So what? What does what you just wrote prove? That posters who say that they watch on mute really don't have an issue with Dano? It doesn't mean that they don't dislike his announcing, it simply means that they have enough grasp of the English language to use exaggeration to emphasize a point. Everyone knows that people don't really watch on mute, we just all understand that it's humorous phrasing not to be taken literally, except for you apparently.

It's not humorous. It's stupid and a weak attempt at looking like some sort of rebellious badass.

Actually both are idioms (though one better than the other). If you say "I couldn't care less" you are in fact saying, "I couldn't care less than I do right now." If you care a lot, but you are unable to care less from where you are, then you can say, "I couldn't care less" and it makes sense. Really, the only appropriate way to describe this state of caring, is by quantifying the amount you care with something like, "I don't care at all" or "I care zero percent." :P

Thanks. Nothing worse than someone arguing semantics when then know exactly what the other party is talking about.