Devils 2015-2016 Schedule

Derlique

Here are all the weekend home games. By my count, there are 3 day games (10/31, 2/6, and 2/14), unless you want to count the 5 PM starts as well. I was hoping a few more of the 7 PM starts would be day games. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Saturday games: 

10/31 vs. Islanders, 1PM

11/14 vs. Pittsburgh, 7 PM

12/19 vs. Anaheim, 7 PM

1/2 vs, Dallas, 7 PM

2/6 vs. Washington, 1 PM

4/9 vs. Toronto, 7 PM

Sunday games:

11/8 vs. Vancouver, 5 PM

12/6 vs. Florida, 7 PM

2/14 vs. Los Angeles, 12:30 PM

3/6 vs. Pittsburgh, 5 PM

3/20 vs. Columbus, 5 PM

Here are the Friday home games. Looks like they frontloaded a lot of Fridays into the first few months of the schedule, and then they are about once a month in 2016. That means that 21 of our 41 home games are on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. 

10/9 vs. Winnipeg, 7 PM

10/16 vs. San Jose, 7 PM

11/6 vs. Chicago, 7 PM

11/27 vs. Montreal, 7 PM

12/4 vs. Philadelphia, 7 PM
12/11 vs. Detroit, 7 PM

1/8 vs. Boston, 7 PM

2/19 vs. Islanders, 7 PM

2/26 vs. Tampa, 7 PM
3/25 vs. Washington, 7 PM

They didn't have any 1pm games last year. I think we had that 1 5pm game and that was it.

I actually like not having a lot of the 1pm and 5pm games.

I particularly liked not having any 1:00 games on Sundays in October when the Dolphins are playing. NHL gonna NHL. Edited by MadDog2020

I particularly liked not having any 1:00 games on Sundays in October when the Dolphins are playing. NHL gonna NHL.

Ya that makes sense for everyone who is really into NFL and not to go up against it but I just hate having them in what feels like the middle of the day, just feels like a waste of a day.

Is that even a question?!?

It will CERTAINLY go up; it's just a matter of what game!

I'm not sure it's a given. If they retire his jersey I wonder if they choose the 11/10 game when the Blues are in town to do it. Would be an easy sell out for a game that would be a hard sell for the staff anyway.

I'm not sure it's a given. If they retire his jersey I wonder if they choose the 11/10 game when the Blues are in town to do it. Would be an easy sell out for a game that would be a hard sell for the staff anyway.

I'm sure they'd leave it up to him, in which case, I'd say it's 30% the Blues game and 70% a Habs weekend game.

Schedule looks pretty good.  Half of the games on a Fri., Sat. or Sun., and a few afternoon games mixed in.  Not too many back to backs, which would help if this team had a shot at being any good.

Anything was better than last season with the ridiculous number of home games we had during the 2nd half of the season.  It seemed like I was at the Rock every other night.

Against the Blues might be a great idea...I am wondering though, if they would want to wait as it's something to sell over the course of the season i.e. "Buy your season ticket package now (in Oct/Nov/Dec) and get tickets to Brodeur night later in the year. Wonder too if the NHL / NBCSN would have a tiny say in trying to broadcast whatever game it could be. 

Schedule looks pretty good. Half of the games on a Fri., Sat. or Sun., and a few afternoon games mixed in. Not too many back to backs, which would help if this team had a shot at being any good.

Anything was better than last season with the ridiculous number of home games we had during the 2nd half of the season. It seemed like I was at the Rock every other night.

And all those back to back home games which we had like 4 sets of. Last year's schedule really was the worst.

They waited a few seasons before putting up the other numbers so that's why I was asking and it's why I won't be surprised if they don't do it this season.

Stevens got his number retired the season after he retired.  Marty should get the same, although him actually working for another NHL team complicates the availability.  

Stevens got his number retired the season after he retired. Marty should get the same, although him actually working for another NHL team complicates the availability.

It probably doesn't. I'm pretty sure any team in the league would let him go to NJ for a day or two to get his damn number retired. Pretty sure they can be without a rookie assistant GM with zero experience for a day.