Devils Wings

Zubie#8

12 hours ago, '7' said:

I'll say this, back in the day when the Devils were up 3-0 with Brodeur in his prime Brodeur wanted that shutout. He needed that shootout. And he got it.

Schneider is the master of losing 1-0 and 2-1 in a shootout. But when he gets goals, he loves to give them back up and make it close

Back in the day Brodeur also had Stevens, Niedermayer, Daneyko, White, Rafalski, et al to get that shutout.

Not saying what Schneider has in front of him is crap, but not nearly as good as what Marty had for a majority of his career.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Back in the day Brodeur also had Stevens, Niedermayer, Daneyko, White, Rafalski, et al to get that shutout.

Not saying what Schneider has in front of him is crap, but not nearly as good as what Marty had for a majority of his career.

Marty also didn't have the trapezoid for about half of his career. 

35 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Wait, why not? He's a spectacular goaltender and my favorite player. That doesn't mean he's immune to criticism? With the Devils up 4-2 he let in a goal that no professional goaltender should let in. That's the reason the game was so close. 

I agree with the bolded fully, but the guy isn't perfect and never will be.  Every goalie gives up "softies" (a term that gets way overused), and every once in a while, a guy of his ilk will give up a weak goal, have a weak game, or even have a series of weak games.  Just think some fans are setting the bar too high, almost expecting him to be infallible damned near every game.  Sucks for him because on a team like his where he's margin for error is often nonexistent, every little thing gets magnified. 

If he has a bad month or two or even a bad season, yeah, then he would deserve some criticism.  But it just seems unfair to knock him in a game where he may have let in a bad goal, but also made several big stops as well.  

5 hours ago, SMantzas said:

If there's anything to take away from the first 3ish months, it;s that Kalinin is a definite NHL player. Probably wont amount to anything more than a 3rd/4th line tweener but he is useful

Yeah.  I tend to agree with @Zubie#8 that he may be our Zubrus part 2.  He can play all the positions and hasn't looked out of place when paired up with Zajac in the top lines, similar to Zubrus even later in his career.

Love kalinin too! Big body, can score and he is really versatile... 24 years old! Nice pick up. Shero did a great job so far even if we didnt make a big splash. Palmieri is a really good player even if is not a blockbuster superstar player. John Moore is a steal as a UFA signing. Stempniak are others under the radar signing. 

Not impress by Tlusty so far but I will wait a little before evaluating his signing.

Kennedy is ok, but i dont see why we sign him and dont play Matteau. Stefan need game, not only pratice in my mind.

2 hours ago, caron14 said:

Love kalinin too! Big body, can score and he is really versatile... 24 years old! Nice pick up. Shero did a great job so far even if we didnt make a big splash. Palmieri is a really good player even if is not a blockbuster superstar player. John Moore is a steal as a UFA signing. Stempniak are others under the radar signing. 

Not impress by Tlusty so far but I will wait a little before evaluating his signing.

Kennedy is ok, but i dont see why we sign him and dont play Matteau. Stefan need game, not only pratice in my mind.

I agree on Matteau, but he's gotta play like he has recently, and not like he did at the start of the season.  

yeah cory should have came out and made himself bigger on that wrister from the dot, but that wing skated right by our defensemen and was completely untouched!

need to abuse the canes and sens now, as things get tough after that.. if we have any chance this year we need these and must beat the rags more times than not

Merry Christmas

So the Devils enter the holiday break one point out of a wildcard playoff spot.

Pretty damn impressive, I seriously thought this team would be in the cellar all year long.

I mean, they could still spiral obviously.  But it'd be something if they managed to sneak into the playoffs this year.

Merry Christmas everybody!