2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

7 hours ago, Weekes Head said:

And the Sharks get shut out AGAIN. Can really sense the concern in San Jose right now. Heck I even caught some boos at the end of the game at the Tank. Sharks need to really do some soul searching before Game 4 because there's a lot of trouble in paradise right now...

Hawks are in the same boat. Haven't scored yet in the playoffs and could go down 3 games today

10 hours ago, Jerzey said:

I hate the Rags and hope they lose but MTL is my 3rd most hated team in the league behind the Flyers. I hope whoever wins this series gets completely embarrassed and swept next round.

I'm with you here - I think Habs fans are some of the most obnoxious people I've ever met.  

Hope whoever wins the series does so after 7 brutal, exhausting and depleting games and gets swept in the 2nd round.

8 hours ago, Weekes Head said:

And the Sharks get shut out AGAIN. Can really sense the concern in San Jose right now. Heck I even caught some boos at the end of the game at the Tank. Sharks need to really do some soul searching before Game 4 because there's a lot of trouble in paradise right now...

Sharks look outmatched and... tired.  A lot of those guys have played a ton of hockey over the past two+ years.  I think they're done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Sharks look outmatched and... tired.  A lot of those guys have played a ton of hockey over the past two+ years.  I think they're done.

It's too bad, they got oh so close last year but the hangover just proved too much. They're tired, they're banged up, they're just in over their heads right now. It's going to take a lot of heart to power through these next couple games but I just don't see it in them. Hope I'm wrong because I actually really like the Sharks. You gotta feel for Marleau, a guy nearing the end who is kind of San Jose's version of Patrik Elias. I think Jumbo Joe's injury is also far worse than he's letting on. Was surprised he even played last night.

Chicago on the other hand is completely fvcking up my bracket. Really thought they were at LEAST making the Finals. Oops. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weekes Head said:

It's too bad, they got oh so close last year but the hangover just proved too much. They're tired, they're banged up, they're just in over their heads right now. It's going to take a lot of heart to power through these next couple games but I just don't see it in them. Hope I'm wrong because I actually really like the Sharks. You gotta feel for Marleau, a guy nearing the end who is kind of San Jose's version of Patrik Elias. I think Jumbo Joe's injury is also far worse than he's letting on. Was surprised he even played last night.

Chicago on the other hand is completely fvcking up my bracket. Really thought they were at LEAST making the Finals. Oops. 

Me too.  I had them winning it all over Pittsburgh, but I still think there's time.  No reason to panic just yet.  They win tomorrow and they could shift the momentum.  Take Game 4 as well, and it's a totally different ballgame.

2 hours ago, Weekes Head said:

Kind of like a poor man's Elias, re:  Marleau, though Marleau has been freakishly durable throughout his career...eight straight seasons of playing in all of his team's games, and hasn't missed a single game in his 30s.  

He seems like that guy who has a way of disappearing and disappointing when you need him most though...something just seems like it's missing with him.  A lot of playoff failures with his teams.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Good lord that picture is pretty nasty, fvcking hockey players man.  Tough as nails.

The fact that he came back to play really is a testament to his toughness. I would have to guess they found some kind of a fracture to announce he is out for the rest of the year. 

Or they just assumed that means one more game like everyone else. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The fact that he came back to play really is a testament to his toughness. I would have to guess they found some kind of a fracture to announce he is out for the rest of the year. 

Or they just assumed that means one more game like everyone else. 

Yeah the article said it was a facial fracture.  Initially I was surprised to see they ruled him out for the rest of the playoffs too, mainly because they put him back in the game after it happened -- makes you realize that, even with a full shield on, had he taken in another small jolt or bump to the face, it could've gotten even worse.  I guess maybe they didn't know how bad it was at the time, and truly just another courageous act that we seem to see every year from a random guy in the playoffs.  It's amazing, and the effort is admirable and commendable.  I'd do it too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah the article said it was a facial fracture.  Initially I was surprised to see they ruled him out for the rest of the playoffs too, mainly because they put him back in the game after it happened -- makes you realize that, even with a full shield on, had he taken in another small jolt or bump to the face, it could've gotten even worse.  I guess maybe they didn't know how bad it was at the time, and truly just another courageous act that we seem to see every year from a random guy in the playoffs.  It's amazing, and the effort is admirable and commendable.  I'd do it too.

As a 15 year old, I managed to take a stick up under my cage that cut my lip, requiring two stitches I talked the EMT into doing it on the scene so I could go back to playing, because as a hockey fan, I knew that's what guys do and that was my opportunity to do it. I told my coach he only had taped it, and they let me finish the game. Had one assist after coming back. 

My parents were PISSED. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Both Boston-Ottawa and Leafs-Caps tied at three after two- two really good games going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fvcking Caps can never put teams away. Not taking anything away from Toronto but the Caps have choked this one, even with considerable time on the power play. They had the ACC dead as the Garden and couldn't get the put away goal.

Honestly, I think if Toronto wins this game, they win the series.

• Like 1

fvcking Caps can never put teams away. Not taking anything away from Toronto but the Caps have choked this one, even with considerable time on the power play. They had the ACC dead as the Garden and couldn't get the put away goal.
Honestly, I think if Toronto wins this game, they win the series.

Same Caps, different year. Even if they win this series, Pittsburgh will skullfvck them raw like they always do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Same Caps, different year. Even if they win this series, Pittsburgh will skullfvck them raw like they always do.

You catch that pathetic Devils' jab the PBP guy and that Rangers homer Michaletti took at us a few minutes ago?

Unbelievable. Every single year you can count on the Caps struggling against inferior teams.
They're going back to Washington down 1-3.

I think they have to take that core apart if they lose this series... There's just no excuse for it.