Kinkaid - GONE!!!

jagknife

Just now, jagknife said:

It’s 100% for the fans, so the player can get a standing ovation. Sure the players look up and watch but it’s done to get the fans reaction. We all were literally mocking the sh!t out of Duchene getting his tribute from the Sens. 

Duchene was there for like 2 half seasons, mostly of losing. Keith picked the Devils to play for, spent 7/8 years here - cmon now

1 minute ago, Steven M. said:

We can give him a tribute video. We gave Stephen Gionta a tribute video. It's not a number retirement. who cares.

Gionta actually helped us get to the Stanley Cup finals. Hell he had 7 points during the playoffs that year. I'm not even a fan of the guys later years with us but he did way more than Keith for the team. 

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

To get a tribute video you have to do something. You have to be a special player as far as what is on the ice and off. Keith did none of that. He did his job and helped us get into the playoffs last year. That is it. Big whoop. I am not saying I don't appreciate it, but doing what he is supposed to do for half a season isn't that special. Did Scott Clemensen get a video tribute for his work? I don't think he did, and he made a much bigger jump to have to do it.

Henrique was special. He was here for a LONG time, did plenty of things of note, and was widely loved by the fan base. He deserved a video. Keith does not.

When you force the video tribute it just comes off as super cheesy and awkward, like the one in Ottawa the other night. 

TL;DR I disagree.

Last I'll comment on this, because it's so stupid. 

Clemmer should've.

But Lou didn't even give one to Niedermayer when he came back. Lou sucked in that department. 

KK played above and beyond last year, was a positive influence in the room, and the like. 

11 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

True. But Kinkaid does, and like who cares even if Ilka Pikkrainen got one - at the end of the day it's a gesture. It's not retiring a number.

We should retire his number just so he knows he isn’t welcome back. 

I have no beef with his family being positive about the move, they should be. But we should be too,

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Gionta actually helped us get to the Stanley Cup finals. Hell he had 7 points during the playoffs that year. I'm not even a fan of the guys later years with us but he did way more than Keith for the team. 

so what should a team like Columbus do when their tenured players return after being dealt? pretend they didn't exist?

I have said here often that I can't stand the guy and just laid out a page ago why I don't like him. at the end of the day though he was here for a while, was a fan favorite among some of the fans and well liked in the locker room. he's going to get a video tribute whether we think he should or not, i'm just trying to say it really isn't a big deal. it's a 60 second clip during a TV timeout that is generally reserved for a race between a Mrs. Field's cookie, a Rita's italian ice, and an Auntie Anne's pretzel.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HellOnICE said:

But Lou didn't even give one to Niedermayer when he came back. Lou sucked in that department

The fans booed Nieds in his first game back here. That would have been incredibly stupid and tone deaf to do a tribute video for him then because people were still pissed off at him and would have booed it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

To get a tribute video you have to do something. You have to be a special player as far as what is on the ice and off. 

I sort of agree. If a guy accomplishes nothing and is a fan favorite for an extended period, then I have no issue with it. Stephen Gionta was with the organization a long time, he played well during the Cup run, don’t forget the Pads of Seduction, etc. A minute long video tribute isn’t a big deal. 

KK hung around a while and was instrumental in us returning to the playoffs. Also, people were way into his emoji nonsense when he was playing well. I think a lot of fans liked him. Is it worth a video tribute? I don’t know, but it’s close enough to the line that I’m ok with it. 

• Like 1

Uncle Jim Kinkaid is a joke, he just posted again... 

"Since I no longer care about the Devils all I can say is that having met Cory a number of times in the family room is that he is a gentleman and an excellent goalie. He and Keith had to endure years of playing in front of a poor defense and an anemic offense.  So all of you who criticize these guys so virulently over every little thing are poor excuses for fans."

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Last I'll comment on this, because it's so stupid. 

Clemmer should've.

But Lou didn't even give one to Niedermayer when he came back. Lou sucked in that department. 

KK played above and beyond last year, was a positive influence in the room, and the like. 

What is the point of a video tribute if everyone gets one? People got emotional at Henrique's return to NJ.  Very few people will care about Keith coming back to the rock.

Clemmer def shouldn't have gotten one but Nieds should have. Lou didn't do a lot of things for the fans that he probably should have. 

How does being a positive influence on the room have any impact on whether or not there should be a video tribute? We never saw any of that anyway. The team can take him to dinner when he comes back if he was that special. He should have spent more time being a positive influence on the fans and less time blocking them on twitter. I don't hate him, I just don't care about him coming back. He is, for the most part, another forgettable player on a long list of forgettable players who have been on NJ since 2012.

Agree to disagree I guess.

2 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

so what should a team like Columbus do when their tenured players return after being dealt? pretend they didn't exist?

I have said here often that I can't stand the guy and just laid out a page ago why I don't like him. at the end of the day though he was here for a while, was a fan favorite among some of the fans and well liked in the locker room. he's going to get a video tribute whether we think he should or not, i'm just trying to say it really isn't a big deal. it's a 60 second clip during a TV timeout that is generally reserved for a race between a Mrs. Field's cookie, a Rita's italian ice, and an Auntie Anne's pretzel.

No one is saying it is a big deal. We just don't agree it's necessary. Having a discussion doesn't necessary mean people are up in arms ready to set the arena on fire over it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

"Since I no longer care about the Devils all I can say is that having met Cory a number of times in the family room is that he is a gentleman and an excellent goalie. He and Keith had to endure years of playing in front of a poor defense and an anemic offense.  So all of you who criticize these guys so virulently over every little thing are poor excuses for fans."

Keith needs to Tweet Uncle Jim to shut the fvck up lol. Then block him before he can respond.

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wait this is his actual relative? 

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

No one is saying it is a big deal. We just don't agree it's necessary. Having a discussion doesn't necessary mean people are up in arms ready to set the arena on fire over it.

never said anyone was "up in arms" over it. having a discussion means entertaining both sides of the coin. i'm just offering up reasons why he is pretty certain to get a video tribute, whether we like it or not.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The fans booed Nieds in his first game back here. That would have been incredibly stupid and tone deaf to do a tribute video for him then because people were still pissed off at him and would have booed it. 

OT but just wait till the Isles actually give JT a tribute video this week, that’s just inviting the hate lol

I get not liking KK’s play this year but I don’t get hating him for being a goofball. People were begging for players to be allowed to show personality here for years, so what if he had emoji recaps and went on a Twitter date at Chipotle or wherever the heck it was? Big deal.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Other than the choice of the last 4 words, I don't see where he's wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I blows me away how much people here care about what random people on social media say.

Do you realize that there are people out there who believe their children shouldn't be vaccinated and post about it?

Also this. 

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I blows me away how much people here care about what random people on social media say.

Do you realize that there are people out there who believe their children shouldn't be vaccinated and post about it?

I don't care what Uncle Jim says, just think it's hilarious that a family member of a professional athlete would actually go on the team's Facebook and post stuff like that lol