2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

How could Sundqvist stop and avoid him?     HOW?

the thing is he shouldn't have hit him at all. The way i see it... the Bruins player was right ahead of him rushing the the board... so he was facing his back the whooooole time and he was coming riiight behind him so he knew if he'd hit him that he'd get him from behind. Which is a black on white No No in hockey. They made those "stop" patches for a reason. 

If buddy was coming from along the board or wtv where there's a chance that he could have got him from the side.. then maybe. But again.. he was following him facing his back the whole time, so he had plenty of time to think about it. Don't go for the hit

Edited by SterioDesign

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

the thing is he shouldn't have hit him at all. The way i see it... the Bruins player was right ahead of him rushing the the board... so he was facing his back the whooooole time and he was coming riiight behind him so he knew if he'd hit him that he'd get him from behind. Which is a black on white No No in hockey. They made those "stop" patches for a reason. 

If buddy was coming from along the board or wtv where there's a chance that he could have got him from the side.. then maybe. But again.. he was following him facing his back the whole time, so he had plenty of time to think about it. Don't go for the hit

He definitely could have held up, even if he still made contact. But that’s only worth a penalty in my opinion. Not a suspension, and definitely not in the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

And here I thought mfitz had the jokes.  Well done.

Not at the time you guys were posting, I’m too old to be awake at that time. 

Edited by mfitz804

Bruins sense blood in the water and are dominating the Blues, 3-0 after 1. Bergeron, Coyle and Kurally. 3 goals on 4 shots. Kurally goal was challenged for offsides, and it was, but Edmundson bright the puck back in.

Blues with absolutely no answer for Boston through 20.

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

The Blues might have the worst anthem singer since Rene Rancourt retired...

Charles Glenn has been singing the Anthem for them for 19 years. He has MS & is retiring when their season ends. 

This is actually an interesting story - how he got the gig & what happened when he met Meatloaf - it's worth a read if you have the time: http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26745991/blues-anthem-singer-battling-ms-hopes-ride-continues-long-possible

Blues get one back...

3 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Charles Glenn has been singing the Anthem for them for 19 years. He has MS & is retiring when their season ends. 

This is actually an interesting story - how he got the gig & what happened when he met Meatloaf - it's worth a read if you have the time: http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26745991/blues-anthem-singer-battling-ms-hopes-ride-continues-long-possible

My friend is a Blues fan and told me about this, especially the Meatloaf part. Good for him, but his still sings a bad anthem.

Liked the 2nd Bruins goal as it had MarJo with a great no-look pass to Coyle.

If the fvcking Bruins wind up winning the CUP, and fvcking Marchand wins another.....

...at least I can be Happy for MarJo in landing in a situation where he won a CUP. 

I expect a better effort and a bounce back game from the Blues tonight like that have throughout most of the season after they've lost a game, but they really need to be better as a team and give their goalie some help.  Binnington wasn't great on Saturday, but just watching the highlights again, he was left out to dry on many of the goals he allowed.  So many of them were odd man rushes or powerplay goals.  I think it was the right move to pull him after the 5th goal - not necessarily because of his own play, but just to save him mentally and keep him from getting to bent out of shape.  Hopefully he's had a day to forget about that game. I expect him to shut the door pretty well tonight.  4-1 Blues.  

• Like 1