2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Couldn’t care less if they do. I have no dog in that fight. I just want good hockey.

Idk about a dog, but there’s definitely a rat in the fight. And I want him bashed!

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Man assuming the long break doesn't fvck up the Bruins' mojo.. I can't see either the Blues nor Sharks putting up much of a fight.

Bruins are on a different level right now.

That said, I hope the Blues close it out at home.  

Edited by Devilsfan118

If the Blues hang on to win this series, I think they'll give the Bruins a better shot than people think.  I don't think I'd pick them to win, but I would expect it to be close and competitive.  Binnington is playing very well and with a lot of poise, really similar to the way Rask has been playing.  To me, Rask hasn't been tested enough, and although I'm not sure if the Blues have the firepower to test him either, I think they have some talent to make it interesting, especially with the contributions they've been getting from the blue line.  The big question is how much will the long layoff effect the Bruins.  Personally I think it's going to play a factor, at least in Game 1, maybe even 2.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 8:19 PM, MB3 said:

The rules are different today than in 1995. The suspensions are different today than in 1995. The game is different today than it was in 1995. 

He’s been suspended 6 different times; which is not nearly enough and SHOULD have eliminated any chance at the wheel of justice landing softly on him. The NHL Has said time and time again that repeat offenders will be punished more severely; they forgot to mention that the rule doesn’t apply to Marchand.

Just because the rules were different doesn't make Claude's actions less dirty.  If the 2019 rules were applied to the 90's, Claude would have been suspended several more times than he was.  Same with Scott Stevens and his hits.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:07 PM, aclc79 said:

Does anyone remember that they were the class of the 1967 expansion class, winning the expansion division any number of times only to be swept in the Cup Final by an original-6 team?  They've worked hard enough this year to be able to go to another one.

Well that's the thing; they were in the expansion conference.  If they were placed in the original 6 conference they would have been destroyed.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Blues would give the Bruins more trouble than the Sharks, especially with Martin Jones sucking in the equation.

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man assuming the long break doesn't fvck up the Bruins' mojo.. I can't see either the Blues nor Sharks putting up much of a fight.

Bruins are on a different level right now.

That said, I hope the Blues close it out at home.  

There's a joke to be made here about MoJo but I'll leave that to our resident comedians.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

There's a joke to be made here about MoJo but I'll leave that to our resident comedians.  

3 men walk into a bar.....

....oh wait.  You probably meant resident comedians who are actually FUNNY.

Well that leaves me out.  :whistling:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Gonna be crazy in St. Louis if they win this. 49 years they’ve waited to get back.

Crazy they never made a run with some of the players they had, Hull, MacInnis, Pronger, Tkachuk... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Crazy they never made a run with some of the players they had, Hull, MacInnis, Pronger, Tkachuk... 

Seriously, they’ve had multiple HOF’ers over the years, but were just never able to get it done. Goaltending has always been a big problem for that franchise.... I guess it shouldn’t come as a surprise that now that they appear to have a solid goaltender for the first time maybe ever, they’re a win away from their first SCF appearance in 5 decades.

Edited by MadDog2020