Hughes or Kakko

Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well some people were saying the same thing with Nolan Patrick honestly. Might not be exactly the same but some had him #1 all along

You would know better than me being in Canada, but was the hype for Nolan as big as it’s been for Hughes?

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You would know better than me being in Canada, but was the hype for Nolan as big as it’s been for Hughes?

No. There was a definite “one or the other” vibe, nobody really knew who we were picking between the two. I think this year, everyone expects us to pick Hughes. 

Although, we do have room for a “KK” on our roster now.

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No. There was a definite “one or the other” vibe, nobody really knew who we were picking between the two. I think this year, everyone expects us to pick Hughes. 

Although, we do have room for a “KK” on our roster now.

I meant going back a couple years. I know Nico made it a debate at the last minute. Hughes has had a ton of hype since he was like 14 or 15 though. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Hard to say but from what i remember Nolan was the #1 all season long and Hischier really rocketed in the standings from mid first round to 2nd overall and then Nolan's injury problems was really making some people nervous. So i feel there was more of a debate that year.

They were also a bit easier to compare cause they were both playing juniors. With Hughes playing against kids his age and Kakko playing against men and doing pretty well you have to look at a lot more

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

In a perfect world, it would be nice if Ray could use some of those extra picks etc to acquire another 1st and grab this Caufield kid too. It just seems like he has the gear to play at Hughes speed.

If the kid wasn't 5'6", he'd be in the Top 5 on a lot of people's boards. If you count both his goals for the USDP this year and his goals so far at the U18's, he's scored 62 goals this year. He's a perfect linemate for Jack, all he needs is one or two looks to make a team pay and Jack can just feed him all game.

EDIT: Make that 63, lol. All Caufield does is score goals.

Edited by CommonDreads

10 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

In a perfect world, it would be nice if Ray could use some of those extra picks etc to acquire another 1st and grab this Caufield kid too. It just seems like he has the gear to play at Hughes speed.

5 goals now lol