GDT - Devils @ Penguins 11/22/19 7:00pm

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Hughs is all over out there. I love it. 

Nico is still making some really nice defensive plays, but Hughes and big lips are literally the only ones who look like they have any sort of  offensive skill right now. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nico is still making some really nice defensive plays, but Hughes and big lips are literally the only ones who look like they have any sort of  offensive skill right now. 

I think Nico got the assist on the first goal and that goal doesn't even happen if he doesn't make that smart play to buy time behind the net. Nico isn't going to be a super flashy guy in the ozone night in and night out, but he does a lot right on both ends. Sometimes it's subtle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Their confidence is completely ruined. They just don't know what to do any more. No wonder they keep saying "we need to get better" aka "we are playing like sh..t and we have no idea how to do better."

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Fixed that for you. 

Thanks lol

8 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Do the owners even care about this team? Seems like they like the building more than the trash that plays in it. 

Name one time that they held back Lou or Ray from spending when either GM wanted to.  They seem fine with leaving their hockey guys to run the team (I’d rather that, than Jeffy Wilpon-types who constantly meddle).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Name one time that they held back Lou or Ray from spending when either GM wanted to.  They seem fine with leaving their hockey guys to run the team (I’d rather that, that Jeffy Wilpon-types who constantly meddle).

Agreed. They let Shero bring in a guy that needed a rebound performance to get close to being worth the amount they'd have to pay him. 27 million dollars over three years for a "?" for a chance to put the team back into the playoffs and keep our Hart trophy winner who, no doubt, wants in the range of 10m and 11.5m and an 8 year commitment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Name one time that they held back Lou or Ray from spending when either GM wanted to.  They seem fine with leaving their hockey guys to run the team (I’d rather that, that Jeffy Wilpon-types who constantly meddle).

Exactly. They will let ray run this team to the ground not giving one 💩.

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

Exactly. They will let ray run this team to the ground not giving one 💩.

We were all applauding his off-season prior to this season’s start.  So now 21 games into the season is ownership supposed to can him?  Threaten him publicly?  Just because they haven’t released any statements doesn’t mean that they don’t give a damn.  The fact they are letting Ray spend at least indicates that they’re willing to put money into both the arena and the on-ice product.  Bad results so far this year doesn’t automatically equate to them not caring.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Name one time that they held back Lou or Ray from spending when either GM wanted to.  They seem fine with leaving their hockey guys to run the team (I’d rather that, than Jeffy Wilpon-types who constantly meddle).

Agreed. My NFL team (Bengals) have an owner who’s been playing GM for 30 years. We have 0 playoff wins in that timeframe.