Predators @ Devils - 7:30 PM EST - NBCSN, TVAS, NHL.TV

Devs3cups

Yeah that clown was no Dano that's for sure.

When it comes to Gusev's shot, it didn't make much sense on the surface. After looking at the during the game numbers though Palms and Gusev have essentially the same number of shots on goal to date.  Palms SPCT is 15.9% and Gusev's is 7.3% that puts him ~10th on the team right ahead of Gump.

Edited by titans04

31 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nah we need to give guys like Hayden and Rooney more time because they give their all with their 7 points combined for the entire season.

You need to roll 4 lines.  This may not be a good 4th line, but they're adequate. At least Rooney/Hayden & Woody play with a lil jam, unlike a few of the top 6. 

6 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

You need to roll 4 lines.  This may not be a good 4th line, but they're adequate. At least Rooney/Hayden & Woody play with a lil jam, unlike a few of the top 6. 

They add nothing.  They can be replaced by literally any other player out there.  They should not be playing at the expense of better players.

I still don't get this obsession and excuse-making for playing sh!t players over players with skill.  Even if the skill players are coasting they are still far better than whatever Hayden and Rooney can do on their best games.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

They add nothing.  They can be replaced by literally any other player out there.  They should not be playing at the expense of better players.

I still don't get this obsession and excuse-making for playing sh!t players over players with skill.  Even if the skill players are coasting they are still far better than whatever Hayden and Rooney can do on their best games.

Its (another) lost season. I don't know why we aren't seeing Anderson or Bastian get a little time at that Hayden spot. Plus Merkely has been playing pretty well in Binghamton. He was part of the Hall trade so why not see what he's got? Its not like the games matter and I don't see how a little time up here would hurt development much, although at least in the AHL they are experiencing some wins

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Its (another) lost season. I don't know why we aren't seeing Anderson or Bastian get a little time at that Hayden spot. Plus Merkely has been playing pretty well in Binghamton. He was part of the Hall trade so why not see what he's got? Its not like the games matter and I don't see how a little time up here would hurt development much, although at least in the AHL they are experiencing some wins

I can imagine the reason/excuse you are going to get if you ask about why Hayden and Rooney are playing over any of the guys you mentioned will include any combination of the words "grit", "heart", and "compete."

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Zajac should be centering the 3rd line, and Hughes should be with Coleman and Goose. I see no reason to not at least try it for a while. 

You could have stopped at the comma and still been correct. Zajac should not be anybody's 1C or 2C, especially not at this point in his career. taking a skill guy like Jack and putting him on the 3rd line isn't going to hep his development. 

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You could have stopped at the comma and still been correct. Zajac should not be anybody's 1C or 2C, especially not at this point in his career. taking a skill guy like Jack and putting him on the 3rd line isn't going to hep his development. 

Well, if we didn’t have Hughes I’d understand Zajac at 2C. It’s not like Zacha has shown he should be there. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Well, if we didn’t have Hughes I’d understand Zajac at 2C. It’s not like Zacha has shown he should be there. 

Given our current roster, yes. If we were playing Zacha at 2C as part of our rebuilding plan, that would be incredibly sad.

• Like 1