GDT: devils vs sharks. late night 10:30 pm

pumpkin cutter

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I have a dream.... That one day this great board can move on from the expectations set from the position players were drafted, and instead accept them for the role they can actually fill. 

Here’s a role I think Zacha can fill. 

582F3291-5D84-4858-88FD-049ADA657C2E.jpeg

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i came in here to argue with mfitz for being a complete loser again but found this post way more interesting.

what?!

its my english.

Like our expectations from zacha, based on reports from someone and 6th picking(diploma`s analogy) everybody waits beautiful offensive results from zacha. He is decent 3rd line forward? it does not matter because 6th picks expectations. It isn`t zacha`s expected job. 

anyway you cant argue with mfitz for being complete loser because he can`t see arguments under his own nose.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i came in here to argue with mfitz for being a complete loser again but found this post way more interesting.

what?!

21 minutes ago, Guadana said:

its my english.

Like our expectations from zacha, based on reports from someone and 6th picking(diploma`s analogy) everybody waits beautiful offensive results from zacha. He is decent 3rd line forward? it does not matter because 6th picks expectations. It isn`t zacha`s expected job. 

anyway you cant argue with mfitz for being complete loser because he can`t see arguments under his own nose.

image.gif.4471fb17db41987e578893a4c91ed0cf.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

After reading the last page or so, I’m not sure if it’s funny or sad that Zacha is tied for 4th in scoring for the devils.  

Second in assists after Goose. He’s been much better on that front. Just can’t score to save his life. 

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Which is crazy given how good of a shot he has.    Part of why he’s so frustrating I suppose.   

He hasn't learned how to get that shot off quickly. When he has time he can beat a goalie (and hit the post) but in the NHL you aren't gonna get a lot of time to shoot. 

Nj devil can be 3rd line center, he can skate

Does anyone know zachas projected points G's and apples for the rest of the seaon

Either way ellers #s are identical with 10 more goals @260 games played

But i thought you meant if youre expected to use your degree and instead end up cleaning toilets

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I was more picking fun at that one sentence, which i’m now realizing is just beyond fvcked up. 

if i tried to speak any other language, let alone on a sports message board, i’d look like a total moron. huge props to you, and sorry for the chirp. 

it`s something like buffonada for me. i`m trying to make a joke or something like that. And ruined it. Havnt enough expirince in word sequences. But when i read disputes about nothing, (for example - between one canadian and one floridian) where one does not understand what exactly the other meant - I do myself a favor.

12 minutes ago, lazer said:

Does anyone know zachas projected points G's and apples for the rest of the seaon

But i thought you meant if youre expected to use your degree and instead end up cleaning toilets

We all can be adequate and wait 3rd line production from 3rd line center, or many raw plays from young raw small player, but we are where we are. 

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 4:35 PM, lazer said:

He's projected to end the season with 10 goals and 28 assists

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

He's projected to end the season with 10 goals and 28 assists

That’s honestly pretty encouraging. If he gets consistent time on the PP next season, and stays with Goose and Bratt, he might finally take a nice step forward. 

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That’s honestly pretty encouraging. If he gets consistent time on the PP next season, and stays with Goose and Bratt, he might finally take a nice step forward. 

How awesome would it be if those three became a sort of "A- (as in A minus) Line"?  Arnott looked like a lost cause when he first came to the Devils (much like Zacha did at times during his first few seasons here)...Arnott obviously been more productive prior during his stint with the Oilers, but in his first 73 GP as a Devil, he put up just 13 G and 19 A, and already had people wondering if the Oilers got the better end of that trade...then over his final 36 GP of his first full season with the Devils, he had 18 G and 18 A...and at the time, it really felt like that came out of nowhere.  

I'm not going to ask THAT out of Zacha, but really would be beyond great if he's finally found a pair of wingers that he just clicks with.  FWIW, Zacha does have 5 G and 7 A in his last 16 GP (Goose has 4 G and 9 A in 16 GP and Bratt has 7 G and 6 A in 15 GP in the same time frame).  Just hope it's not the latest tease for Pavel.    

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

How awesome would it be if those three became a sort of "A- (as in A minus) Line"?  Arnott looked like a lost cause when he first came to the Devils (much like Zacha did at times during his first few seasons here)...Arnott obviously been more productive prior during his stint with the Oilers, but in his first 73 GP as a Devil, he put up just 13 G and 19 A, and already had people wondering if the Oilers got the better end of that trade...then over his final 36 GP of his first full season with the Devils, he had 18 G and 18 A...and at the time, it really felt like that came out of nowhere.  

I'm not going to ask THAT out of Zacha, but really would be beyond great if he's finally found a pair of wingers that he just clicks with.  FWIW, Zacha does have 5 G and 7 A in his last 16 GP (Goose has 4 G and 9 A in 16 GP and Bratt has 7 G and 6 A in 15 GP in the same time frame).  Just hope it's not the latest tease for Pavel.    

The A-lmost line. 

This sh!t writes itself sometimes. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The A-lmost line. 

This sh!t writes itself sometimes. 

Winner

thats decent, especially if he scores that gwg in a cup series.

eller did 

and thats the issue i have if he is clutch, all will be forgotten.

clutch vs points could have been good for a few more wins this year, especially when they were needed early on.

now that games dont matter, clutch has value.