NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Devils sent out a season ticket holder email. Can either go to the rescheduled games or use a buyback for them if we can't make it and get credit for next season. Perfect for me, I'll probably buyback every game lol

Stay healthy and enjoy the start of your off season. Cheers.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Stray healthy and enjoy the start of your off season. Cheers.

You too!..... I just wish I had a crystal ball and had used all 8 of my buybacks already, I used most of them thankfully but if I used all of them I could have rolled that into 15 buybacks if I combined the 8 normal ones with these 7 final home games! Lol

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

You too!..... I just wish I had a crystal ball and had used all 8 of my buybacks already, I used most of them thankfully but if I used all of them I could have rolled that into 15 buybacks if I combined the 8 normal ones with these 7 final home games! Lol

What would be the point of having season tickets if your goal is to not go to as many games as possible?

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What would be the point of having season tickets if your goal is to not go to as many games as possible?

Well the team sucks, they aren't making the playoffs and the games are meaningless so if I do a buyback they give me back the face value of whatever game I choose to do a buyback for and that money comes off next seasons renewal.

I see no point in not taking advantage of that at this point, especially because who knows how clean the arena will be or safe it will actually be to go back around other people in thst setting if they played these final 7 meaningless games. 

So I get to keep my same seats that I enjoy around the friends I made at the games but I get to end this horrible season earlier than expected.

I fully admit this year is not the norm for me and while I've either attended or watched every game this season so far I absolutely checked out in late October with the horrendous start this team had since the season was basically over before it really began. I'm thrilled that this season is technically over even though I'd never want to see it under these circumstances. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

6 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Clearly you're just posting to get reactions now.  SH is generally one that does want to go to the majority of games, but of course he and everyone else would be glad to financially get out of attending games during a season that was over by Halloween.

I don't have a problem with the question. I generally save the buybacks for games that interfere with the Red Bulls (depending on which game is more important) and sometimes I have other conflicts that simply come up across the year. I love the buyback feature and I hate that they are lowering it from 8 to 6 games next year. I'm trying to fight the team on that since I really don't use any of the other perks that they give. 

8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Clearly you're just posting to get reactions now.  SH is generally one that does want to go to the majority of games, but of course he and everyone else would be glad to financially get out of attending games during a season that was over by Halloween.

Clearly I was asking SH a question, not you. He understood that, I’m sorry you didn’t.

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Well the team sucks, they aren't making the playoffs and the games are meaningless so if I do a buyback they give me back the face value of whatever game I choose to do a buyback for and that money comes off next seasons renewal.

I see no point in not taking advantage of that at this point, especially because who knows how clean the arena will be or safe it will actually be to go back around other people in thst setting if they played these final 7 meaningless games. 

So I get to keep my same seats that I enjoy around the friends I made at the games but I get to end this horrible season earlier than expected.

I fully admit this year is not the norm for me and while I've either attended or watched every game this season so far I absolutely checked out in late October with the horrendous start this team had since the season was basically over before it really began. I'm thrilled that this season is technically over even though I'd never want to see it under these circumstances. 

Thank you for providing a well thought out response. I understand your point, though I disagree with the sentiment. If I were a season ticket holder I’d be going regardless of how bad the team was, because it’s my team. I don’t care how bad we are, I’d rather be watching hockey than no hockey. But that’s me. I still go to games when we’re bad. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

While I do agree that mfitz seems to be one of the more angry/agitated/opposed posters here lately (which is usually abnormal for him), I will also say that I was sort of wondering the same question in regards to SH - mainly because it has seemed that over the course of this season that he's looked for lots of reasons and excuses to not go to games.  I don't mean it as a personal attack and is never fault anyone for making their own decisions, but I was something that I too noticed, and just had me curious and wondering the same thing.  

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

No fans in attendance in Chicago until may apparently, what a mess..

Geez.  That's quite a way's out.  I don't expect all of this to be resolved by then, but given how quickly things have escalated, and the lack of information we have, I'd think they'd wanna wait before committing to any sort of date in terms of prohibiting access to events 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Clearly I was asking SH a question, not you. He understood that, I’m sorry you didn’t.

Thank you for providing a well thought out response. I understand your point, though I disagree with the sentiment. If I were a season ticket holder I’d be going regardless of how bad the team was, because it’s my team. I don’t care how bad we are, I’d rather be watching hockey than no hockey. But that’s me. I still go to games when we’re bad. 

I've been told that I don't have the right to have an opinion on this cause i live in Canada but what can i do... i have one.

I truly feel like the Marilyn Monroe quote applies here... "If you can't handle me at my worst ... you don't deserve me at my best."

From that angle a lot of fans here would not deserve the joy they'll get when this team is finally competitive again

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

15 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

While I do agree that mfitz seems to be one of the more angry/agitated/opposed posters here lately (which is usually abnormal for him), I will also say that I was sort of wondering the same question in regards to SH - mainly because it has seemed that over the course of this season that he's looked for lots of reasons and excuses to not go to games.  I don't mean it as a personal attack and is never fault anyone for making their own decisions, but I was something that I too noticed, and just had me curious and wondering the same thing.  

I go to bad games when we are losing too..... Like the past 7 out of the 8 seasons that we have missed the playoffs and won 1 measly playoff game during that time span! Lol

This season I think I missed maybe 8 games between using some buybacks and some that I was able to sell for face value. There's been 34 home games so far plus pre-season so I really haven't missed that many considering. 

I wasn't expecting this team to be a cup winner but I expected a bubble team and this team came out with that 4-0 lead and the arena was absolutely going wild and then it felt like we got our teeth kicked down our throat and the season was over by the end of October. And whether the reasons were right or wrong and I'm actually fine with a lot of them but we had our mvp, coach and GM all gone in a quick time span. 

This team has gotten plenty of money from me and this situation sucks but I'm taking those final 7 games as buybacks and running. We also won't really know how "safe" it really is to come back if they play and I bring older family members with me most games and I don't think their lives are worth risking to watch this horrible team. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

14 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I’m not agitated or angry, the guy who tried to make a legitimate question something different to fit an agenda is. Just sayin’. 

Although “usually abnormal” is a pretty good description of me lol. 

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I've been told that I don't have the right to have an opinion on this cause i live in Canada but what can i do... i have one.

I truly feel like the Marilyn Monroe quote applies here... "If you can't handle me at my worst ... you don't deserve me at my best."

From that angle a lot of fans here would not deserve the joy they'll get when this team is finally competitive again

Canadian people shouldn’t have opinions about hockey. ;) 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

This team has gotten plenty of money from me and this situation sucks but I'm taking those final 7 games as buybacks and running. We also won't really know how "safe" it really is to come back if they play and I bring older family members with me most games and I don't think their lives are worth risking to watch this horrible team. 

No, that makes total sense. I’m just always curious because I always see STH’s talking about using their buybacks like someone is forcing them to go otherwise. As a non-STH I just find it weird. Like “I’m glad I don’t have to go to that game I bought tickets to”. 

No, that makes total sense. I’m just always curious because I always see STH’s talking about using their buybacks like someone is forcing them to go otherwise. As a non-STH I just find it weird. Like “I’m glad I don’t have to go to that game I bought tickets to”. 

The other nice thing about buybacks is I have conflicts come up. I have season tickets to the Red Bulls too so if they playing a playoff game in the fall I'm 100% going to that over an early regular season Devils game. There's other events or just life events that end up coming up too that make buybacks great because I have the option to get my money back over just eating the tickets or losing money on the secondary market if there's no demand for that game. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

The other nice thing about buybacks is I have conflicts come up. I have season tickets to the Red Bulls too so if they playing a playoff game in the fall I'm 100% going to that over an early regular season Devils game. There's other events or just life events that end up coming up too that make buybacks great because I have the option to get my money back over just eating the tickets or losing money on the secondary market if there's no demand for that game. 

I’m not questioning the use of buybacks, of course they make sense. I’m questioning why one would root for more so they don’t have to go. 

I’m not questioning the use of buybacks, of course they make sense. I’m questioning why one would root for more so they don’t have to go. 

I assume it's like my dad who cannot stand my mom anymore so he's avoiding as much contact as possible so spends all his time either in the basement or outside shovelling even if there's no need to lol

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I assume it's like my dad who cannot stand my mom anymore so he's avoiding as much contact as possible so spends all his time either in the basement or outside shovelling even if there's no need to lol

That’s my boy lol. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean the biggest thing we don't have is if the team sucks is the ability to get in for next to nothing like a lot of people do. Don't get me wrong I don't have an issue with it but having more buybacks cancels some of that out for me when I'm paying almost double some of the people a few rows behind me that got them off the secondary market last minute. I don't have any issues supporting the team but it's nice to get some money back off my next year's season tickets when the team sh!ts the bed. 

Plus it's always nice to have more flexibility, so I'd always take as many as I could get.Feeling sick or had a rough day at work? Can call up the rep and they will issue one last minute as long as you don't abuse that. Another event pops up that you would rather go to than a midweek game vs Calgary? Buyback. Wanna take a last minute vacation somewhere because a good deal popped up? Buyback.

It's just nice to have as many options as possible because it's not like I really know what I'm doing in March of 2021 and the team also gets the benefit of collecting 2020-21 money from February to September before the regular season even start.

If I use a buyback for a game and it's a stinker and we get shutout or destroyed it feels like dodging a bullet lol