New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

7 minutes ago, titans04 said:

No room for Foote?  Seems to make no sense, let's stick with the lineup that got us to 30th in the league. Got it.

Foote risked throwing off the flow of team Abrams lol

Slow Motion Deal With It GIF

EDIT: One of the military guys can correct me here but I think the tank in the gif is Russian, not an Abrams, not that it matters.... 

Edited by NJDevils1214

9 minutes ago, titans04 said:

No room for Foote?  Seems to make no sense, let's stick with the lineup that got us to 30th in the league. Got it.

That D-corp...just...awful...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Who would you take out to slot Foote in?

Anybody on the 4th line to start.  If they're married to the group that's got them this far (and I say that facetiously) while sitting a kid that's shown a pulse in his first two games and maybe a part of an actual brighter future I think they're making a mistake. Another sign they may have lost their way. The only thing on the line here is trying to hold off falling past Buffalo and finishing absolutely dead last.

Edited by titans04

The Devils need to play Merkley 7 more times before the end of the season in order for him to be an eligible forward to be left exposed in the expansion draft.  Otherwise the Devils will need to expose 2 of Nico, Bratt, Johnnson, Wood, and Zacha.  I think Johnnson is the obvious choice, but every team needs to leave two eligible forwards unprotected.  So they really need Merkley to hit that threshold.

Source: https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

Edited by Crisis

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

The Devils need to play Merkley 7 more times before the end of the season in order for him to be an eligible forward to be left exposed in the expansion draft.  Otherwise the Devils will need to expose 2 of Nico, Bratt, Johnnson, Wood, and Zacha.  I think Johnnson is the obvious choice, but every team needs to leave two eligible forwards unprotected.  So they really need Merkley to hit that threshold.

Source: https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

If that’s the case, barring injury, I don’t see any way that doesn’t happen. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Kind of like if Drago from Rocky IV fvcked the Easter Bunny. 

Winner!

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That D-corp...just...awful...

Possibly the worst I’ve ever seen the Devils ice. 

Also, Foote not playing is disappointing. I certainly hope it’s expansion related like someone mentioned, otherwise I have to question Ruff’s sanity. Especially with Bastian being on a line with Nico and Zacha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Also, Foote not playing is disappointing. I certainly hope it’s expansion related like someone mentioned, otherwise I have to question Ruff’s sanity. Especially with Bastian being on a line with Nico and Zacha. 

Why the fvck is Foote not playing, and why the fvck would that have anything to do with the expansion draft? He’s a first year pro.

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I swear can we enjoy anything? There is absolutely no reason on earth for Nolan Foote to not be playing tonight if he is healthy. fvcking ridiculous.

Even if Merkley needs to play so he can be exposed that doesn't mean all of the others that got us to 30th in the league are too good to sit so Foote can play.  Ridiculous.  Can't wait to see more of the same next season rolling out a huge majority of the same and expecting drastically better results while sitting on the most cap space once again. Ha. Good times.

Edited by titans04

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I might have let him play goalie over Dell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Why the fvck is Foote not playing, and why the fvck would that have anything to do with the expansion draft? He’s a first year pro.

Someone said it might have to do with getting other guys enough games to be able to expose them?

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Someone said it might have to do with getting other guys enough games to be able to expose them?

look up above a couple post, Merkley needed 7 more starts going into tonight. But damn pick another name out of the hat with a very small exception list a find a spot for Foote.

• Like 1