2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Speaking of chants, look at this moron pull down his mask just to do this stupid chant at 10 seconds... 

As much as I want to make fun I would bet me life some jackholes do it at our games as well.  Those kind of special people can't help themselves.

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Good lord there's so much ugly going on here. 

I want to take my 2017 Charger Hellcat there, back it in, and light up the radials.  Badly.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

They use all those solar panels to power his sex offender anklet and an invisible shock fence. 

The amount of solar panel people that bombard my house here in FL is insane.

Last guy that came up, "Wow, that sounds like a big dog you have there. What kind is he?"

"A big, strong, fast one"

"oh.... here's my card... see ya...."

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I want to take my 2017 Charger Hellcat there, back it in, and light up the radials.  Badly.  

Its 100% a first-assignment military member car in that driveway., 37% APR, what a steal

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The amount of solar panel people that bombard my house here in FL is insane.

Last guy that came up, "Wow, that sounds like a big dog you have there. What kind is he?"

"A big, strong, fast one"

"oh.... here's my card... see ya...."

And he’s hungry too...

On 2/22/2021 at 4:52 PM, mfitz804 said:

I have a daughter. If some douche punches her in the face, that’ll be the last person he punches. You can count on that. Ask the last guy who put his hands on my wife, he’s probably still in Little Italy looking for the rest of his teeth. 

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. If you want to make that argument about a stupid kid that says something dumb on Twitter, maybe you’re right. I still don’t think so, I pretty much had my sh!t together by that age, but maybe I’m unusual in that respect, but you have a better argument. 

But you don’t beat the sh!t out of a woman and then say “I was young and dumb, what a horrible mistake”. A 19 year old is old enough to know that’s wrong and “young and dumb” is a poor excuse. 

You don’t hit girls, everyone knows that from when they are a child. 

I whacked my sister on the back of her head  with a hammer when I was like 3yo and she was 4. I could never explain why I did it, but I still remember doing it. And, I guess I caught hell for it. My sister took it pretty well. She graduated college  Phi Beta Kappa, and still talks to me!

But these days, you have situations like Roethlisberger's antics, Ray Rice's incident, and  Kobe Bryant"s charges all putting athletes' actions in the spotlight. It all puts Wilbur Mills and Fanny Fox dip in the DC Tidal Pool in perspective. (Look it up.)

These are all adults, and should be judged as adults. The problem is establishing exactly happened. In Panarin's case, there does not seem to be much credible evidence, beyond a Putin goon.

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

MaSkS sToP oUr VoIcEs FrOm CaRrYiNg!!!

I'm surprised the NHL hasn't started fining coaches, our staff has still been doing this during games, just did it last night. I just don't get it, I know I can be a loud person but if you really think people can't hear you just speak up.

My favorite that's ironic moment with NHL coaches pulling the masks down to speak is in a normal year when they cut to the benches usually the coaches are putting the line match ups/coaches sheets in front of their mouths to block people from seeing. If anything you would think coaches would love wearing masks lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, point said:

These are all adults, and should be judged as adults. The problem is establishing exactly happened. In Panarin's case, there does not seem to be much credible evidence, beyond a Putin goon.

100%, thus far not a single credible thing has come out that would lend itself to making it believable that anything actually happened.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm surprised the NHL hasn't started fining coaches, our staff has still been doing this during games, just did it last night. I just don't get it, I know I can be a loud person but if you really think people can't hear you just speak up.

My favorite that's ironic moment with NHL coaches pulling the masks down to speak is in a normal year when they cut to the benches usually the coaches are putting the line match ups/coaches sheets in front of their mouths to block people from seeing. If anything you would think coaches would love wearing masks lol

I'm so sick of masks at this point, and with a good number people getting the vaccine... nevermind, not the place.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Only if he bites him lol. 

Remember, we're in the age of "Words hurt me, I'm suing." and win

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I'm so sick of masks at this point, and with a good number people getting the vaccine... nevermind, not the place.

Remember, we're in the age of "Words hurt me, I'm suing." and win

I guess you should just let the dog eat him then. 

8 minutes ago, point said:

I whacked my sister on the back of her head  with a hammer when I was like 3yo and she was 4. I could never explain why I did it, but I still remember doing it. And, I guess I caught hell for it. My sister took it pretty well. She graduated college  Phi Beta Kappa, and still talks to me!

But these days, you have situations like Roethlisberger's antics, Ray Rice's incident, and  Kobe Bryant"s charges all putting athletes' actions in the spotlight. It all puts Wilbur Mills and Fanny Fox dip in the DC Tidal Pool in perspective. (Look it up.)

My take on all this stuff might be a bit more hard lined but if you're found guilty of doing something serious, you shouldn't be allowed to play professional sports. It should be treated as a privilege to be paid tons of money to play what is nothing more than a game when it comes down to. You beat the sh!t out of your wife, you run someone over getting a dui? Go get a regular job from now on but you shouldn't be allowed to play or ever work in a major league again. 

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

My take on all this stuff might be a bit more hard lined but if you're found guilty of doing something serious, you shouldn't be allowed to play professional sports. It should be treated as a privilege to be paid tons of money to play what is nothing more than a game when it comes down to. You beat the sh!t out of your wife, you run someone over getting a dui? Go get a regular job from now on but you shouldn't be allowed to play or ever work in a major league again. 

I'm gonna agree with this, especially since my friend was essentially fired for accusations this week. Accusations.

That being said, I have very little doubt the Bread Man is getting screwed right now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

He'd be more likely to lick him to death than actually bite, but sure doesn't sound like it. 100lbs of "love me, I'm a teacup poodle" and the other is "gonna throw that ball or what?"

Those are my favorite dogs. We had one when I was a kid, everyone was afraid of him but if he got close enough, he’d be on his back looking for belly rubs immediately. 

Big doof, I still miss him. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I'm gonna agree with this, especially since my friend was essentially fired for accusations this week. Accusations.

That being said, I have very little doubt the Bread Man is getting screwed right now

Absolutely would have to be a guilty charge for me. Just accusations would be way too much of a slippery slope for me.

It's a shame so many talented athletes are essentially stupid idiots. Carrying guns, getting duis instead of using the damn Uber app. Man I just don't get it.

Hell same goes for actors, another privileged job where they get away with so much that us average idiots would never get out of. Throw them out of Hollywood too, there's always some other undiscovered actor out there who would use the opportunity better. 

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Obviously there are huge problems with that, the main one being you can’t punish people beyond the sentence they are given by a judge/jury. 

What should happen is, no team should take a chance on them or whatever they call it. Just because I guy isn’t technically banned doesn’t mean he gets to play. But there’s always that “he’s a good guy, he only beat the sh!t out of a woman and sent her to the hospital for surgery the one time, he’s young and he made a mistake”, which was my exact point earlier. 

Sorry, but the number of “good people” who do that is extremely small, possibly zero. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Obviously there are huge problems with that, the main one being you can’t punish people beyond the sentence they are given by a judge/jury. 

What should happen is, no team should take a chance on them or whatever they call it. Just because I guy isn’t technically banned doesn’t mean he gets to play. But there’s always that “he’s a good guy, he only beat the sh!t out of a woman and sent her to the hospital for surgery the one time, he’s young and he made a mistake”, which was my exact point earlier. 

Sorry, but the number of “good people” who do that is extremely small, possibly zero. 

I'd be shocked if a code of conduct clause of some nature aren't in professional athletes contract. Most of all us normal working smucks have them.

These are all private leagues, they can have contracts be signed that if you're found guilty of *whatever* you can never play again no?

It really shouldn't be a hard thing to implement but overall the owners really don't care about this stuff because it's basically become the norm and it will blow over pr wise in a short time.