GDT: Islanders @ Devils 3/13 7PM

Nicomo

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nah he’s gotta stop that. At least get a piece of it. 

Meh, that was the type of shot that if one of our guys takes it, we think it's an awesome shot. He's made solid saves so far tonight. He's looked batter for sure imo.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

Just now, Devs3cups said:

Meh, type of shot that if one of our guys does it we think it's an awesome shot. He's made solid saves so far tonight. He's looked batter for sure imo.

Whatever. He sucks lately. I’m not going to sugarcoat it. 

7 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

I mean that's a hell of a shot and he was screened imo. I lowkey blame Palms for going all in on a 2-on-2 on a penalty kill. 

If palms stays a little higher on the Zacha shot he probably gets a good chance off of that rebound.   As it was he ended up in the boards and out of the play 

• Like 1

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that Greene was the 4th oldest guy in the league next to only Chara, Thornton, and Marleau.  Good for him though.  In an age where guys are playing a lot longer and careers are getting extended, the NHL does seem to be a young man's game.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I swear, Zacha is looking more like Elias the older he gets...

Edit: phyically looks like him, not their playing style. 

Actually, I think it's both.  Back when Elias was still with us and Zacha was a rookie I said that Elias would be a good mentor for him, mostly for their playing styles and the fact that they're both Czech (I think?), but I can't lie, part of me said that because they also look alike too lol

Excellent effort by Kuokkanen.  I've said it before but it deserves repeating, this team gives maximum effort most nights.  They need to  play smarter on some situations, and definitely the PK and PP need to be better, but the effort is definitely there.  Not sure if that's because they're young, or the coaching staff encouraging them, but it at least should be recognized as a positive.  

Just now, Nicomo said:

Man I’m liking Koukkanen lately. I thought he was very meh at the start of the season, and looked like a passenger most games, but he’s really looking like a keeper. 

Ditto.  I like him and Maltsev too.

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

JFC these calls are laughable 

Yeah seriously.... did PK get a penalty for just being on the ice?  It looked like he did nothing at all.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

LOL Devils getting ANOTHER penalty. Wake the fvck up.:doh1:

PK is 3 for 3 tonight and 10 for the last 11... maybe they're really trying to bring up that average. lol