The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Give it to Will Butcher!!

But in reality, Dahlin just signed his extension, they will probably pin it on him. 

3 year extension.  Sounds like it comes with a plane ticket at the end.

Edit: Never mind, he is RFA at the end.  Probably going to get a 1 year THEN a plane ticket.

Edited by Crisis

5 minutes ago, Crisis said:

3 year extension.  Sounds like it comes with a plane ticket at the end.

Edit: Never mind, he is RFA at the end.  Probably going to get a 1 year THEN a plane ticket.

Probably not wrong, and granted I am not a fan of the whole “we don’t have a captain” thing,  but who else do you give it to?? 20 year old Dylan Cozens?

Edited by mfitz804

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Probably not wrong, and granted I am not a fan of the whole “we don’t have a captain” thing,  but who else do you give it to?? 20 year old Dylan Cozens?

Skinner lol

He certainly gets paid enough for the extra responsibility

Edited by Crisis

8 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Skinner lol

He certainly gets paid enough for the extra responsibility

Really is mind-blowing how quickly a guy's career can just go in the toilet, after he signs for the big money.  In Skinner's case, it literally happened overnight...he was a plenty cost-effective player on his ELC, and first LT contract ($5,725,000 hit for about 31 G and 23 A per 82 GP over six seasons).  As soon as he signs for top dollar (and let's face it, that contract he had little chance to live up to, in terms of real value, especially since it's not like his game doesn't have holes), his production just falls off a cliff.  He's managed 37 points in 113 GP since.  

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 1:42 PM, mfitz804 said:

Have to say, no idea what Jack should be paid on this extension. Obviously, if it’s not done now, this season could reveal a lot toward that end.

I think having Luke in the pipeline helps for sure, but I wouldn't expect Jack to take a discount. 

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I think having Luke in the pipeline helps for sure, but I wouldn't expect Jack to take a discount. 

I’m more wondering what the non discounted price is. Obvious from Nico’s deal, they are willing to base a deal on potential rather than performance, otherwise they would be splitting Nico’s salary. 

Well I'm legitimately frightened of the deal after the stupid Minnesota deal and the greedy a$$hole tkachuck holding out for a fortune here in Ottawa. It could be in the ten mil range for Jack depending on how he plays. I miss the days of Lou's iron control of salaries, but that's all I miss from Lou.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Well I'm legitimately frightened of the deal after the stupid Minnesota deal and the greedy a$$hole tkachuck holding out for a fortune here in Ottawa. It could be in the ten mil range for Jack depending on how he plays. I miss the days of Lou's iron control of salaries, but that's all I miss from Lou.

I understand the pessimism, but unless he wins the Ross, Hart, Smythe and we win the Cup, there is 0% Jack holds out for $10m next year.