Devils Sign Dougie Hamilton - 7 years, $63 million

nessus

@SterioDesign, I think the previous two years, his defense rating was much higher...I forget where I saw that, but if that's the case, then last season could've been more of an outlier.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I definitely think it’s more the latter. Hell, just the amount of hate I saw online over the Hamilton signing was ridiculous. You listen to half these people Dougie is one of the most overrated players in the league and we’re going to end up regretting the deal two years in. I have a feeling if that exact same contract was given out by a more popular franchise there would be a very different reception. Anyway, fvck em indeed. Let them hate. 

I love the hate. I don’t wanna be liked. I want every last one of these dipsh!ts to choke on the sh!tburgers we start serving them in October. And then I wanna laugh at them while letting them know that whoever their team is can choke on a dick, who the fvck used to run this league, and who is about to be running sh!t again real fvcking soon.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

@SterioDesign, I think the previous two years, his defense rating was much higher...I forget where I saw that, but if that's the case, then last season could've been more of an outlier.  

Yup and it's possible he'll be fine. But again, im just covering all my angles here not to be an hypocrite. Cause Subban's defense also took a dive that last year in nashville and i brought that up lol

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s fans in our fan base that do. 

What goalie pages are you talking about? Anything that would help me with my puck project?

They are just basically "hey remember this guy? Check out this setup he wore in 1993" kind of posts mostly for goalies from the 80's and 90's. I doubt they could help but it's worth a shot. One of them is NHL Goalies Past And Present 

A lot of terrible hot takes but some great throwback pictures

Subban was also older when the Devils acquired him.  And his game has always been scary, as far as some of his decisions/instincts go. 

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Subban was also older when the Devils acquired him.  And his game has always been scary, as far as some of his decisions/instincts go. 

yeah that was the biggest thing for me. Subban was never a "smart" player. Those guys can age well more, like Elias, Pronger, etc etc He's still to this day making plays that dmen learn not to make in juniors or even peewee lol

Guys who requirer to be a working horse to get results like say.... Clarkson or Woods... those guys don't age as well when the body is falling apart. 

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

His biggest drop-off last season was the PK   which from 96 to to 19....  

0BB38334-24BA-405F-BE47-66C9A29849FE.png

Edited by aylbert
  • Thanks 1

The thing I expect Hamilton to help with the most is sustained pressure into the offensive zone after guys like Jack or Bratt carry the puck in. WAY too often last year one of those two would make a clean entry only to have no support trailing. This was often when Jack would just try the miracle passes that seldom found another Devil. Now we’re going to have one of the best in the league back there. 

• Like 5